• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I almost feel bad for the Bucks

NineOhTheRino

AtlaS, I tend to agree with you...it was just a few short years ago that we went into Boston as considerable overmatched underdogs and were throttled in the 2 games, only for us to come back home and hold serve which eventually led us to make the series 7 glorious games. All we've done so far is hold serve on our home court in convincing fashion....the next game will tell us a lot about this team.

• Premium Member

I most definitely would not agree that Woody has outcoached Skiles in games 1 and 2. The talent mismatch is brutally obvious, and Woody has not once been forced to make an adjustment in this series.

This. Skiles got this team of ragamuffins to the playoffs and its amazing they were able to do it. Bogut's loss is staggering when you consider how our guys are outright BEASTING in the front court without him there.

I didn't say that Skiles did a bad job this season. but in games 1 and 2 he went in with the plan of having Carlos Delfino guard Josh Smith. It worked so "well" in game 1 that he did it again in game 2. I'm sorry- but thats simply being outcoached.

Edited by spotatl

• Premium Member

I didn't say that Skiles did a bad job this season. but in games 1 and 2 he went in with the plan of having Carlos Delfino guard Josh Smith. It worked so "well" in game 1 that he did it again in game 2. I'm sorry- but thats simply being outcoached.

And who else would he put on Josh that wouldn't kill them somewhere else? That team has to be the worst front court team in terms of talent that I've seen in years to actually make the playoffs.

• Premium Member

There should be no complaints about Woodson's coaching so far. As I said before the series started, the key is being disciplined enough to continue to take the ball inside where we have a huge advantage on the Bucks and not reverting to the bad jumpers that lost us games against the inside-challenged Knicks. It may be simple, but as long as Woody is getting the team to execute that gameplan then I am thrilled with his performance. Woody doesn't need to make adjustments unless the Bucks manage to take away our interior scoring. Keep it up, Coach!

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not complaining about Woody's coaching. Just saying that he hasn't had to do much coaching yet, at least not in the way that most coaches have to do in the playoffs. The talent on his team is so superior to the Bucks' that he hasn't yet been forced to make any adjustments. I don't think there really was much of a way for him to go wrong in this series, at least in home games. Edited by niremetal

• Moderators

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not complaining about Woody's coaching. Just saying that he hasn't had to do much coaching yet, at least not in the way that most coaches have to do in the playoffs. The talent on his team is so superior to the Bucks' that he hasn't yet been forced to make any adjustments. I don't think there really was much of a way for him to go wrong in this series, at least in home games.

I agree he has a relatively simple task in front of him this series but he is doing all you could ask of him so far. His real test will come in Round 2 or if the series changes on the road. As you point out, as of now he can just stick to his gameplan. That is the right thing for him to do so kudos from me on not overcomplicating things.

This is the ultimate jinx thread...

It is. I don't feel sorry for any team in the playoffs, let alone only down two games in 7 game series. Enough with the brooms and wanting rest. Apply the boot to throat and try and win by 25 Saturday. We're supposed to win at home. If the series were tied 1-1, this place would be already trying to figure out where our draft pick will be this summer....

I have been reading this board for a long time and you know what I realize...some of the posters are real hypocrits when it comes to Woody (and I too have some issues w/ some of his in game adjustment also)...but I give credit when it's due. To say the he hasn't outcoached SKiles is a joke and unfair, he is keeping this team disciplined it terms of taking advantage of the mismatches that they have. To say that Skiles got his "ragamuffin bunch" to the playoffs is an even bigger joke, they had Bogut for most of the season to get to the playoff, thye have a rookie of the year candidte, they are the 5th seed with a +.500 record for crying out loud. Three years ago we had the "ragamuffing bunch" who went to the playoffs as an 8 seed with a below .500 record and took the mighty Celtics to 7...so please don't make it seem that the Bucks team thru the course of the season was soooo bad. It's tougher without Bogut, but please...give Woody his due, but as I've said before...the Hawks have held serve on their home court, now lets see what the road brings.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not complaining about Woody's coaching. Just saying that he hasn't had to do much coaching yet, at least not in the way that most coaches have to do in the playoffs. The talent on his team is so superior to the Bucks' that he hasn't yet been forced to make any adjustments. I don't think there really was much of a way for him to go wrong in this series, at least in home games.

I'm glad you are not one of the complainers but I don't think it's fair to say "he hasn't had to do much coaching" . In game 1 we were up 22 points at some point the Bucks got to within 7, Game 2 was played more closely, the Buck had the lead at one point but in the end we pulled away in the 4th. I realize that we haven't had any close, back and forth games but don't make it seem as if what Woody has done is inconsequential. So would you say that Doc Rivers didn't have to much coaching last night against the heat?

• Premium Member

I have been reading this board for a long time and you know what I realize...some of the posters are real hypocrits when it comes to Woody (and I too have some issues w/ some of his in game adjustment also)...but I give credit when it's due. To say the he hasn't outcoached SKiles is a joke and unfair, he is keeping this team disciplined it terms of taking advantage of the mismatches that they have. To say that Skiles got his "ragamuffin bunch" to the playoffs is an even bigger joke, they had Bogut for most of the season to get to the playoff, thye have a rookie of the year candidte, they are the 5th seed with a +.500 record for crying out loud. Three years ago we had the "ragamuffing bunch" who went to the playoffs as an 8 seed with a below .500 record and took the mighty Celtics to 7...so please don't make it seem that the Bucks team thru the course of the season was soooo bad. It's tougher without Bogut, but please...give Woody his due, but as I've said before...the Hawks have held serve on their home court, now lets see what the road brings.

I defy anyone to tell me with a straight face that Bucks team is anything BUT the worst team to make the playoffs in at least this decade. They have two legit NBA starters in Jennings and Bogut and a backup utility guy forced to start in Salmons. The rest of that team is scrub after washup has been after nameless young guy.
  • Like 1

I defy anyone to tell me with a straight face that Bucks team is anything BUT the worst team to make the playoffs in at least this decade. They have two legit NBA starters in Jennings and Bogut and a backup utility guy forced to start in Salmons. The rest of that team is scrub after washup has been after nameless young guy.

So when we went to the playoffs against Boston as the #8 seed with a sub .500 record we weren't worse or very close? Josh was not the player 3 years ago that he is today, Al was a rookie, Marvin ...was well Marvin, we still had Acie Law and Speedy on this team, no Jamal Crawford, absolutely no bench, you wanna talk about scrubs...Mario West, Solomon Jones,Randolph Morris,...so don't make it seem like we were world beaters and our team was so grand then. All the analysts were talking about re-seeding for playoffs because we had a losing record and in the playoffs.

• Premium Member

I'm glad you are not one of the complainers but I don't think it's fair to say "he hasn't had to do much coaching" . In game 1 we were up 22 points at some point the Bucks got to within 7, Game 2 was played more closely, the Buck had the lead at one point but in the end we pulled away in the 4th. I realize that we haven't had any close, back and forth games but don't make it seem as if what Woody has done is inconsequential.

So would you say that Doc Rivers didn't have to much coaching last night against the heat?

Yes, I would. Edited by niremetal

• Premium Member

So when we went to the playoffs against Boston as the #8 seed with a sub .500 record we weren't worse or very close? Josh was not the player 3 years ago that he is today, Al was a rookie, Marvin ...was well Marvin, we still had Acie Law and Speedy on this team, no Jamal Crawford, absolutely no bench, you wanna talk about scrubs...Mario West, Solomon Jones,Randolph Morris,...so don't make it seem like we were world beaters and our team was so grand then. All the analysts were talking about re-seeding for playoffs because we had a losing record and in the playoffs.

Where in the blue hell did I say our team then was good? Answer my question. Look at that Bucks team and tell me how they do anything this year without Scott Skiles bringing those guys above their talent level. That front court is a joke. LOOK at it. They have no one on that front court outside of Bogut that would start anywhere else.

Where in the blue hell did I say our team then was good? Answer my question. Look at that Bucks team and tell me how they do anything this year without Scott Skiles bringing those guys above their talent level. That front court is a joke. LOOK at it. They have no one on that front court outside of Bogut that would start anywhere else.

Dude CALM DOWN....this is your quote "I defy anyone to tell me with a straight face that Bucks team is anything BUT the worst team to make the playoffs in at least this decade.....all I'm saying is look at where our team was 3 years ago and compare us to the Bucks this year...I'm not sure how they are the worse in "The last decade "- you do know that decade is 10 years - Miami last year and this year only have D-Wade...The bucks are above .500, 5th seed...we were 8th seed..below .500...get what I'm saying. You may wanna say that Skiles had them playing over their head but they are NBA players.

I really wanted to post this earlier when I first saw this post but decided to bite my tongue. But how do the Bucks look now that the Hawks are outside of the confines of their home sweet home? There is something seriously wrong with the Hawks and their road woes. This goes beyond home court advantage. We absolutely are a pathetic team on the road and we are getting our arsses handed to us by a supposedly inferior team. I think the entire Hawks team needs a psychiatrist. And where is the leadership Joe Johnson? Where is the leadership Woody? All I see on tv are the hawks hanging their heads and looking pissed. This is why Woody isn't signed and why Joe will sign elsewhere. We have no real leadership on this team and Woody hasn't been able to solve our road issues.

• Like 1