• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Smith is a joke

Plainview1981

Will Smith's popularity is a result of the decreasing masculinity of the American male. A less masculine american male population admires less masculine movie star.

His movies are usually very popular with people that can only see movies at a superficial level.

30 40 50 years ago Hollywood had great actors like Stewart, Paul Newman and Marlon Brando.

Now we have Will Smith with his yell naw routine in almost every movie.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Dude, I would not brag that Stern is in agreement with you. Will Smith is a decent actor and his son didn't do a bad job in the ONE movie I've seen him in. You then call his wife a dike? Seems like you have more against this man than his acting and you're letting that hate warp your perception of his acting abilities. That's obvious by the fact you wouldn't tap his wife's *ss. She's pretty sexy but your man-hate for the dude is even more proof that your sense's have been warped. That and the fact you have replied to your own Smith-hate thread 3 times already out of the 4 replies.

Edited by Dsinner
  • Like 1

Dude, I would not brag that Stern is in agreement with you. Will Smith is a decent actor and his son didn't do a bad job in the ONE movie I've seen him in. You then call his wife a dike? Seems like you have more against this man than his acting and you're letting that hate warp your perception of his acting abilities. That's obvious by the fact you wouldn't tap his wife's *ss. She's pretty sexy but your man-hate for the dude is even more proof that your sense's have been warped. That and the fact you have replied to your own Smith-hate thread 3 times already out of the 4 replies.

I thought Will Smith's acting sucked before I ever even got on the internet. I'm not impressed by cheesy burbs girly men.

Stern doesn't believe in a phony religion created by a science fiction author in the 1950's.

Stern>Will Smith and I don't even care about Stern that much.

Sexy? She's scrawny and she talks like the self-absorbed person that she is. Did you even listen to those interviews?

If you think his acting and movies are good, then your sense's have been warped.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I thought Will Smith's acting sucked before I ever even got on the internet. I'm not impressed by cheesy burbs girly men.

Stern doesn't believe in a phony religion created by a science fiction author in the 1950's.

Stern>Will Smith and I don't even care about Stern that much.

Sexy? She's scrawny and she talks like the self-absorbed person that she is. Did you even listen to those interviews?

If you think his acting and movies are good, then your sense's have been warped.

Dude,

He does what he does.

He's made some crappy movies.. who hasn't? He has also made some movies that showed a little more than the comedy that you find in MIB or WWW. He's no Denzel Washington but he does what he does.

I would call him a genre filler.

Can you name an actor who has done more different types of Movie as Smith?

I mean: Comedy, Action, Romance, Drama.. All that is really needed is for him to play a good bad guy in a horror movie and he'd have the hat trick + 2.

Don't worry. Maybe Owen Wilson can get a really strong Drama... and be just as much a genre filler as Smith...

and I hear that

Christian Bale is about to try his hand at Comedy but Romance.... I don't know.

So you might have somebody.

Dude,

He does what he does.

He's made some crappy movies.. who hasn't? He has also made some movies that showed a little more than the comedy that you find in MIB or WWW. He's no Denzel Washington but he does what he does.

I would call him a genre filler.

Can you name an actor who has done more different types of Movie as Smith?

I mean: Comedy, Action, Romance, Drama.. All that is really needed is for him to play a good bad guy in a horror movie and he'd have the hat trick + 2.

Don't worry. Maybe Owen Wilson can get a really strong Drama... and be just as much a genre filler as Smith...

and I hear that

Christian Bale is about to try his hand at Comedy but Romance.... I don't know.

So you might have somebody.

The guy annoys me. He is like a big loud cartoon.

It seems like he rarely attempts a movie that doesn't set out to exploit people for the most money and fame possible. Then he pokes his annoying kid in movies and while Karate Kid isn't a classic, it's still something that he shouldn't be touching. I don't care if a washed up Jackie Chan is in it or not.

Quality over quantity. There is no edge to the guy. It's all about attention and money.

Yes, he has mostly set out to do what he has wanted. There are interviews where he said he wants to be the biggest movie star ever.

Well, congrads... That doesn't make you a great actor. He is just so.... safe. Even Robin Williams took a break from mediocre comedies and did Insomnia and One Hour Photo.

Some people just annoy you. Just like how Marvin Williams annoys you.

• 3 weeks later...

The guy annoys me. He is like a big loud cartoon.

Some people just annoy you. Just like how Marvin Williams annoys you.

Understood. But you still have to admit he's not that bad. Michael Jordan annoyed the hell out of me but I had to respect him. He's at least a slightly above average actor and is much better at that than being a rapper.

All that really matters is he's entertaining. Whether he's edgy or whatever you're looking for out of an actor doesn't really matter. He's not my favorite, but I enjoyed a couple of his movies.

Will Smith is flamboyant and about as edgy as Mr. Rogers. That goes a long way in summing up his popularity. Honestly, I admit that fail to understand the popularity of Adam Sandler way less. He is as low brow as it gets. He is a middle aged man that makes 13 year old fart jokes.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• 1 month later...

Will Smith is flamboyant and about as edgy as Mr. Rogers. That goes a long way in summing up his popularity. Honestly, I admit that fail to understand the popularity of Adam Sandler way less. He is as low brow as it gets. He is a middle aged man that makes 13 year old fart jokes.

I'll agree that Will Smith did not do himself any favors with what he said on Oprah. I like Howard too, and Smith gave him all kinds of material to work with.

Adam Sandler, though, I diagree. I will concede that since he's gotten older, his comedy has lost it's luster because it is immature. But I thought "Funny People" was very underrated, and he showed some acting (not comedy) abilites in "Punch Drunk Love". His early stuff, the Happy's, the Billy's, Saturday Night Live, and his audio CD's, specifically "What the Hell Happened to me" are hilarious. At the time, it was genious.

Lighten up, I got something for you.

Edited by Swatguy