• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did JJ Get the No-Trade Clause Added?

TheTruth

It was either Sekou or an AJC article posted on here that stated that the "hold up" regarding JJ signing (aside from the July 8th formal signing day) was that he was seeking a no-trade clause in his 6 year max contract. Does anyone have any further word on if JJ got it or not? If so...

It was either Sekou or an AJC article posted on here that stated that the "hold up" regarding JJ signing (aside from the July 8th formal signing day) was that he was seeking a no-trade clause in his 6 year max contract. Does anyone have any further word on if JJ got it or not? If so...

If he got it, Well.... The Hawks REALLY got screwed.

There is nothing anyone can say that will make JJ worth all of this to just a 2nd round team. He might try to recruit FA's, but I don't think he really has enough pull or a convincing enough argument to bring anyone of real note here.

• Moderators

I would imagine the answer was "no." He didn't have any leverage to get it but there was no downside in trying on his side. If anyone hears a definitive answer, please post it. Thanks!

I'd like to know why the Hawks are not confirming that JJ has even been offered a contract. Are they that embarrassed by it? Is it not so? Is this just JJ's camp attempting to justify a 5 year max from another team?

Where are the hawks??

There hasn't been ONE single confirmation from the team that a deal is in place. Now I'm not saying that a deal isn't already in place. I'm simply saying that the Hawks will not comment on it and they certainly haven't confirmed it.