• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've always appreciated the arguments for JS at the 4...

Guest Walter

but always wanted to see him at the 3 and believed he had the chance to be more special at the 3. I don't know if it will last (particularly at his "Pf weight"), the slow release but good perimeter shooting and all, but I can see play like that resulting in MW sitting when JJ returns. It is now time (how many such times have passed us by?) to move MW. If JS can come in his 2nd game and put up a better game than MW has EVER played at Sf, time to move onto another experiment. Teague or JC2/ZaZa/MW and possibly unprotected 1st rd pick this year for Javale McGee and Hinrich. Keep Crawford if not resign him. Lineup:Hinrich/BibbyJJ/Crawford/JC2JS/WilkensHorford/PowellMcGee/CollinsEven without the best pure BUs at Pf/C and Sf, because many of these parts are interchangeable at other positions (i.e. JJ at Sf, JS at 4, Horfrod at 5) we can cover without playing a lineup of Wilken, Powell, Collins and the 3, 4, 5. If need be, trade Crawford at the deadline, trading one strength to fill another weakness. I would give up a 1st rd pick also, likely in the 20s IN A SECOND! We don't need new late 1st talent every year as an established team. Everybody but essentially Crawford is resigned. This is NOT about trade equality. THIS is about finishing out this roster. Sign a quality D-leaguer or if we trade JC do a 1 for 2 trade. Just get a high quality center and Pg! W

• Like 1

• Premium Member

but always wanted to see him at the 3 and believed he had the chance to be more special at the 3. I don't know if it will last (particularly at his "Pf weight"), the slow release but good perimeter shooting and all, but I can see play like that resulting in MW sitting when JJ returns. It is now time (how many such times have passed us by?) to move MW. If JS can come in his 2nd game and put up a better game than MW has EVER played at Sf, time to move onto another experiment. Teague or JC2/ZaZa/MW and possibly unprotected 1st rd pick this year for Javale McGee and Hinrich. Keep Crawford if not resign him. Lineup:Hinrich/BibbyJJ/Crawford/JC2JS/WilkensHorford/PowellMcGee/CollinsEven without the best pure BUs at Pf/C and Sf, because many of these parts are interchangeable at other positions (i.e. JJ at Sf, JS at 4, Horfrod at 5) we can cover without playing a lineup of Wilken, Powell, Collins and the 3, 4, 5. If need be, trade Crawford at the deadline, trading one strength to fill another weakness. I would give up a 1st rd pick also, likely in the 20s IN A SECOND! We don't need new late 1st talent every year as an established team. Everybody but essentially Crawford is resigned. This is NOT about trade equality. THIS is about finishing out this roster. Sign a quality D-leaguer or if we trade JC do a 1 for 2 trade. Just get a high quality center and Pg! W

Totally agree. Josh may not be a prototypical 3, but he more than gets the job done at that spot and as Mike Glenn said last night, the Hawks are a better defensive team with the bigger lineup on the floor. Josh came into the league playing the 3 spot and I always felt he would still be playing significant minutes there had the Hawks not drafted Marvin. The need for the organization to save face is long gone. If playing Josh at the 3 allows the Hawks to be more physical and better defensively overall, they need to stick with.

Slow your roll folks. Again we dominated inferior competition last night. We always looks good against the Net, Wolves, Grizzlies etc. We can't compete against the elite teams with Josh at the 3. You all always get a false sense of pride when we beat these non playoff, lottery teams. What's going to happen when Josh goes against someone who will actually attempt to guard him and stop his seemingly always open jumpers. As long as his shots are open he is fine. You think come playoff time they are going to let him take open shots? You think that Pierce or Lebron going to leave him open. Did you not see the Miami game where every time Smoove was on Lebron Lebron tried to drive on him when he would never try to drive on MArv or D Wilkins. He gave him too much space because of his poor perimeter defense. This will get exploited come playoff time. Slow your roll fellas, SLow your roll!!!!!!

Edited by Wurider05
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Did you not see the Miami game where every time Smoove was on Lebron Lebron tried to drive on him when he would never try to drive on MArv or D Wilkins. He gave him too much space because of his poor perimeter defense. This will get exploited come playoff time. Slow your roll fellas, SLow your roll!!!!!!

On the raw numbers, Josh Smith >>> Marvin Williams. The question for me is more about what is the best team on the floor not whether Smith can put up better numbers than Josh. Josh at the PG position would probably put up better numbers than Mike Bibby but that doesn't mean it is the best use of his talents. The perimeter defense concerns me a lot, the loss of the weakside help defense worries me, and I remain unconvinced that Josh is someone who will be effective at spacing the floor with his perimeter shooting long-term, although I would love to be wrong on all of those items.Let's circle December 16 on the calendar to see how Smooth matches up against Paul Pierce on the perimeter. That will be more telling on the issue of perimeter defense than matching up against anyone the lowly Wizards have to offer.
  • Like 1