• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What Would You Like for Drew to Change or Do Right Now?

TheTruth

More than a quarter of the season is in the books, and the team sits at 15-9. We have all discussed the team's many flaws, inability to beat good teams (of those 15 wins, only Indy, Knicks, and Magic are over .500), and our recovering #1 option sidelined with an injury to great exhaustion.

Drew is in the midst of getting his players to adapt to the new offensive and defensive schemes, and it will continue to be a process throughout the year. But from what you have seen so far, what are some things you would like to see him do, change, get rid of, or do differently as it relates to the Hawks?

Edited by TheTruth

Mo Evans is so bad that it really can't hurt more to play JC2.

We need defensive answer for quick PGs (Rondo, Rose, Nelson, Harris, Westbrook, Paul and so on). I want consistent 15-25 minutes a game for Teague for at least 5 games, together with starters, a real chance to play through mistakes and learn. Majority of you are already convinced that he's trash, but I want an undeniable proof. If he doesn't perform, we need a trade to fix this issue.

Improved game planning for 4th quarters.

• Premium Member

More than a quarter of the season is in the books, and the team sits at 15-9. We have all discussed the team's many flaws, inability to beat good teams (of those 15 wins, only Indy, Knicks, and Magic are over .500), and our recovering #1 option sidelined with an injury to great exhaustion.

Drew is in the midst of getting his players to adapt to the new offensive and defensive schemes, and it will continue to be a process throughout the year. But from what you have seen so far, what are some things you would like to see him do, change, get rid of, or do differently as it relates to the Hawks?

Let the young guys (JT and JC2) take their lumps against lesser opponents and early in the game. We will need them in the post season. Do not play Mo.

I like how he has infused Powell, Wilkins, and Collins into the gameplan.

I also like the passing offense and fighting through the picks on defense.

Right now, our record isn't as good as last year, but I think we're playing smarter basketball.

Edited by Diesel

• Premium Member

As others have said, play JC2 more. It's time to see what the kid can do. ESPECIALLY while it's early in the season. I don't know why this doesn't register.

JC and JT need some burn and they need it with quality minutes and they need it before we can't afford to give it to them.

Everyone here seems to be in agreement and I have no argument with anything said.

Woody had a hard time playing young guards. Lenny W. before him, had the same problem.

Now, it's happening to the Hawks again. Two young guards and they can't get on the floor.

There was, when I was young, which was a few days ago, a toungue-in-cheek story about

this worried mother who told her children, "Don't you dare go near the water until you learn

how to swim."

All of our coaches seem to have this attitude, "You young lads aren't going to get on the floor

until you learn how to play."

These two young men need to play and prove to themselves, the Hawks team, coaches and

everyone else that they are good enough for the NBA or that they are not. If they then are good

enough, play them. If they're not, then git rid of them and make roster space available to someone

who can play.

:write a letter:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well said Mule. To be honset, JJ being out is a BLESSING. For the first time since the rebuilding began, the guys we drafted to be our future actually have a chance to stand up. It wasnt going to happen in Woody's half-@ss ISO offense and it wasn't going to happen as long as there was a Joe Johnson or Al Harrington or Antoine Walker to defer to.

It should have been this way from day one (something else people wanted to argue with me about, but w/e), but now is the time to put the spotlight on guys that should have had it all along.

Give Horf, Smoove, JT, and JC the ball, and get out of the way.

Edited by Wretch
  • Like 1

Mo Evans is so bad that it really can't hurt more to play JC2.

We need defensive answer for quick PGs (Rondo, Rose, Nelson, Harris, Westbrook, Paul and so on). I want consistent 15-25 minutes a game for Teague for at least 5 games, together with starters, a real chance to play through mistakes and learn. Majority of you are already convinced that he's trash, but I want an undeniable proof. If he doesn't perform, we need a trade to fix this issue.

Improved game planning for 4th quarters.

Good luck with that. Only Kyle Lowry is a low tier guy who can guard them but he is not on the market. A lot of teams can't defend those guys. The Lakers, Magic are just a few of the elite who can't do it much less us.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

I agree with everyone who said bench Mo Evans in favor of JC2. Mo never has a positive impact on the game and I dont see this great defense that everyone claims he brings. His game is so limited and about all he can do is hit a wide open 3 and when those aren't falling, he's useless.

I agree with everyone who said bench Mo Evans in favor of JC2. Mo never has a positive impact on the game and I dont see this great defense that everyone claims he brings. His game is so limited and about all he can do is hit a wide open 3 and when those aren't falling, he's useless.