• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Was @ Bobcats Game - Snap Judgments

TheTruth

1) Got in my seats a little after 7:15. Pretty empty arena until about 8:00...still pretty dreadful. I'm the last one to point out the lack of home crowds (mainly because I think the ownership refuses to put a good enough product on the floor for casual ATL fans to care enough about to pay to go see), so don't read anything more into that statement.

2) They briefly spotlighted and congratulated Neenee from the ATL Housewives show for her B'day on the JumboTron. I wanted to throw up.

3) I usually check the HS board before gametime to check for info I might have missed, but I was out and about all day. So when I heard the player introductions, and then "#2, He's Baaaaaaaaack," I was like, "OMGWTF? Must be a mistake. He can't be suited up! Oh wait, he IS? Well, he can't be starting. Wait, wait...he IS?"

4) 5 minutes later: "I still can't believe Joe is back."

5) Turned over to my dad at tipoff and said, "I'm not one of those quiet fans. If people are gonna be offended, they were better off staying home."

6) Charlotte can't shoot for crap. At all. Period. We went up 8-0 on them, but it felt like 40-0.

7) Mo playing ANY meaningful minutes bothers me to no end.

8) Pachulia was useless. So was Collins tonight. Both got worked over. Oh, and Wilkens too.

9) Horford let that small front court force him into two early fouls. Thought for sure Drew would nail him on the bench til late 2nd Q (if that). Brought him back relatively early 2nd Q. Only committed one more foul the rest of the way.

10) JJ's shot was clearly off. Knocked down some nice 3s though. So did Bibby.

11) When Teague made a shot, I mimicked the announcer's trademark, "For THREEEEEEEEEEEE" by going Jeff Teaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaague! And when he hit that 3, well, I have double the fun.

12) Speaking of Teague, he looked decent out there today. His offense has a long way to go, but his defense is what really stood out. Also, that monster block was monstrous.

13) I love Josh Smith. Great player. But dude made a lot of terrible decisions out there. Says he committed 5 TOs. Felt like 10. And those jumpers were awful. As par for the course, he did even some of em out with highlight plays.

14) When the 'Cats got it to within 4 late, the arena got scary quiet. You could hear the crowd thinking, "Oh #$%^."

15) First time in several games I wasn't constantly shaking my head at Drew's sub patterns.

16) Until the hack-a-Hawk desperation closing minutes, seemed like both teams took a combined 6 FTs. Why won't we earn our way to the line more?

18) That Simone chick that does in-game interviews on the JumboTron is one foxy lady. I need to see more, and then less, of her. (Her voice is hella annoying though--thats why God invented Duct Tape and Ear Plugs).

17) At halftime, a couple middle school basketball teams played, in essence, a 5 minute pickup game on the NBA court. It was fairly painful-yet-strangely-entertaining to watch as the kids missed shot after shot, airballed, turned it over, and pretty much committed every foul in the book. However, my dad and I were too busy comparing the players to the Hawks' players based on what transpired. One kid hit a long range shot, and we'd yell, "That's Jamal" or "Tricky Dribble, tricky dribble!" Or "That must be Teague" after a guy drove but didn't finish in the lane. We were DYING laughing...

19) Ladies: When you are seated, and your stomach protrudes out more than your breasts, unless you are pregnant or flat-chested, that is God's way of telling you that you need to hit the gym...I don't care how big your boobs are.

Ugly, ugly game. Never got the impression the Cats were going to take the game though (mainly because they couldn't hit shots consistently). Still felt we should have CRUSHED them with the undersized lineup they have and the fact that they couldn't buy shots for most of the game. But whatever.

lol @ 19. It was an ugly game.

The Bobcats have a great defense with or without Wallace but their offense is pretty bad. I can see why they want to trade S-Jack. He's talented on offense but not that talented. Gerald is a great defensive player but is a #3 option. They only have one #2, S Jack is a great role player type not a #1-3 option and Augustin is a very talented player but his PG skills are marginal at best. He's like a better Jameer. The Bobcats will always give us issue because of their size, length, and athletic ability. They likely need to rebuild around Augustin, keep Tyrus and Diaw as well. The rest can go.