• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks begun preliminary talks for Carmelo Anthony

Joker

I hate when others Horford gone over Smoove. Smoove is not a championship player. He's talented but he isn't someone who can win you titles. I wouldn't trade Horford for Melo/Nene so that answers your question.

• Like 2

I apologize if this question has already been answered but I keep reading about the Hawks trying to obtain Carmello Anthony (and, some of the posts even mention that the Hawks might even be discussing a possible deal with Denver) but the articles I keep reading mention 3 or 4 other teams (Knicks, Nets, Bulls, etc) but I haven't seen any that mention the Hawks. I know I don't see all the Carmello Anthony articles so there might very well be some that do discuss the Hawks but can anyone confirm that the Hawks actually have any chance of making a deal for him or is that just a pipe dream? And, I am probably in the minority but I would like to see the Hawks consider signing Jason Williams. I am probably wrong again but from the little I remember Williams he had elite ball handling skills which I would think could be very useful to help get the ball to Horford and Smith down low in the post. I also thought that Williams had a pretty decent outside shot even though I don't remember him being a big time scorer. I do think he could be a better option at the PG position than the other options the Hawks have right now.

They are talking.

• Premium Member

I think 90% of people would want to keep Al over Josh due to his size, greater efficiency, basketball IQ, and ability to play both the PF and C positions in a league with few centers.

The way Horford has been progressing you have to be out of your mind to trade him and keep Smoove. Only player I'm trading Horford for is a franchise guy a la Dwight Howard / Derrick Rose.