• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks begun preliminary talks for Carmelo Anthony

Joker

Sorry bro that aint happening, Smoove is the most likely to get traded. The nuggets would laugh in Sund's face if he offered marvin williams as a centerpiece.

I WOULD NEVER give up smoove for a 1 year rental...EVER lol

• Admin

Would you give up Smoove for Melo?What if the trade were Smoove/Marv/Bibby for Melo/Billups?Would you still be for a deal that could be a rental?

No, I would not give up anyone of value for a rental. He would have to resign for me to want him to come here.

• Premium Member

I wonder if the source for this is the same source that started the Josh-for-Amare rumor a couple years back. For those who don't remember, the source on that rumor was one of the most frequently-used sources in sports - Mr. Thin Air.There is no way they would simply accept an expiring contract like Jamal's in exchange for Melo straight-up because Melo's contract is expiring too, and there's no reason they would prefer Jamal's expiring contract to Melo's. So the way I see it, there are two tacks Denver could be taking:1) The "Blow It Up and Start from Scratch" Option: Package Melo with the long-term contracts of Nene, Harrington, and/or Billups, taking back nothing but expirings; or2) The "Rebuild on the Fly" Option: Get a star player back in exchange for Melo.If it's #1, we're no help because the only expiring deals we have are Jamal, Mo, and a few minimum-salary guys. We can't cobble together nearly enough expirings to cover salaries of both Melo and 1 or more of the Nugs' longer-term guys.If it's #2, we have a shot, but it's a slim one, IMHO. The only "star-level" piece we and would be willing to trade (ie not Al) that I could fathom the Nuggets having an interest in (not JJ) is Josh. I won't pretend to predict how that type of trade offer would be viewed by Denver. But it seems to me that Josh-for-Melo would have to be the core of any trade.------------------------------------------------------------------For what it's worth, I'm 50/50 on whether I'd prefer Melo to Josh as a fit for this roster on paper. But in practice, I think we need a major-league shock to the system to jolt the team out of its bad habits. Josh-for-Melo would certainly provide that jolt.

Edited by niremetal

• Premium Member

Oh, it would definitely take Josh -for- Carmelo to get the Nuggets attention. The Nuggets want to move Harrington along with Carmelo, because their primary concern is financial. Diesel would be happy.Two big obstacles:1.) The Hawks would need a post defender in the worst way.2.) Is there anyone you could dump Marvin onto?Now that I've typed all that, I don't think it makes all that much sense for Atlanta.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

For what it's worth, I'm 50/50 on whether I'd prefer Melo to Josh as a fit for this roster on paper. But in practice, I think we need a major-league shock to the system to jolt the team out of its bad habits. Josh-for-Melo would certainly provide that jolt.

Well said. If Nene were also coming to Atlanta, I'd be less concerned, but I think the odds of that are slim.

• Premium Member

Oh, it would definitely take Josh -for- Carmelo to get the Nuggets attention. The Nuggets want to move Harrington along with Carmelo, because their primary concern is financial. Diesel would be happy.Two big obstacles:1.) The Hawks would need a post defender in the worst way.2.) Is there anyone you could dump Marvin onto?Now that I've typed all that, I don't think it makes all that much sense for Atlanta.

I think if we got a deal centered on Melo-for-Josh, we'd go to the "big lineup" permanently and move Marvin to the bench. Wouldn't need to trade him. Diesel would be screaming for years to come. Edited by niremetal

I think if we got a deal centered on Melo-for-Josh, we'd go to the "big lineup" permanently and move Marvin to the bench. Wouldn't need to trade him. Diesel would be screaming for years to come.

I think we would have to get Nene or some type of decent to legit center. Without Josh, no one can protect the paint. Billups or Nene is a must in any deal. Nene is the one I would consider trading picks as well for. Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Premium Member

Just thinking outside the box here, but what about:Joe/Marvin -for- Al/CarmeloHow badly does Denver want to stay competitive?

With that trade, my question would be how badly we want to stay competitive. Who would play defense on the perimeter?

the nuggets have stated many times that they want young talent with expiring contracts, and 1st round picks so i guess we gotta give them mo evans/crawford including smoove and give them whatever 1st round picks we got.

Edited by yungsta

Just thinking outside the box here, but what about:Joe/Marvin -for- Al/CarmeloHow badly does Denver want to stay competitive?

They won't do that.

the nuggets have stated many times that they want young talent with expiring contracts, and 1st round picks so i guess we gotta give them mo evans/crawford including smoove and give them whatever 1st round picks we got.

We all you mention, they must give Nene as well. Crawford is very valuable. He's no throw in like Evans. He actually has a market. Nene/Melo/Harringtonfor Smoove/Jamal/Evans/picks than flip Marvin for a legit PG.