• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official Jordan Crawford Watch Thread

Ok, I will now admit a sense of regret about giving him away now. I think what hurts is that we were in a lose lose with him and kind of with Teague as well. We are too "obligated" to playing our "Core" and he would never have gotten a chance to play 40+ mins to do what he did tonight so he would have eventually became a wasted pick like Teague is becoming despite the constant flashes of what could be. But then when we trade him and watch him showcase his talents somewhere else we feel stupid. Im happy for him. he may turn out to be a really good player in this league. I feel like Teague would be doing the same thing on somebody elses team. Our staff has not developed a draft pick under this ownership ever. All draft picks either underachieve, or were forced to play right away which led to natural development, yet the latter guys all still lack basic fundamentals in some way.

• Premium Member

<BR>No and stop trying to justify it. He went 35% shooting last week. The last thing we need is another person who thinks they can jack up shots whenever they want.<BR><BR>Edit: btw I noticed that you didnt mention that wade has 33, or that the wizards got blown out. Or that Crawford has 5 turnovers.<BR>

<BR><BR><BR>THANK YOU!. Look Squawkers, you mean to tell me that you would rather have a young VOLUME SCORER( who has no defence) instead of a VETERAN DEFENCIVE PG which we all knew we needed in the worst way? COM'ON MAN:negative:

No and stop trying to justify it. He went 35% shooting last week. The last thing we need is another person who thinks they can jack up shots whenever they want.Edit: btw I noticed that you didnt mention that wade has 33, or that the wizards got blown out. Or that Crawford has 5 turnovers.

I think anyone who watches bball can see this kid has the makings of a big time scorer in this league and maybe an all star except Rick Sund and some folks in denial. You dont give away potential all stars for journeymen backup pg's.
  • Like 1

he isnt a hawk why is this in the hawks discussion section

He was a Hawk and we gave him away. Hell people still talk about Paul and Deron and they never even put on the Hawks uni. This team played better with Bibby at pg, nobody wants to admit that but since Hinrich has been here this team is on free fall. Sunds buffoon trade is still very relevant to the Hawks because it has had a bad impact on this team and this season so far.

• Moderators

We're near unanimity that A deal for a guy like Hinrich was needed... just not THIS trade. Sund should've been saying, "Tell ya what, Ernie, you keep your precious Hilton, we keep Jordan, you take that draft pick we would've just squandered for cash anyway and we'll call it a day, 'kay?"~lw3

Hello,This really is starting to hurt. With John Wall being Ejected for fighting with Z, JC2 put up 39 Points, which is the most points any Wizards Rookie has put up since Tom Gugliotta in 1992. This Trade is going to haunt us for years to come and the fact we gave up a 1st Round Pick just adds insult to injury.I was angry about the Trade when it was announced and seething about it now. We gave up in essence 2 1st Round Draft Picks for Kirk Heinrich who the Wizards received a 1st Round Pick just to add to their Roster. This is by far the worst move Rick Sund has made as Hawks GM.JJ

• Like 1

• Premium Member

who cares!Stop acting as if Kirk Hinrich never put up 39 when he was with the Wizards.oh wait....

• Premium Member

From the Washington post:Crawford’s previous career-high was 27 points, set in Chicago two weeks ago. He scored 27 points in the second half against the Heat. “Jordan continues to impress and amaze. Whatever you ask him to do, whatever responsibility, he has no fear. He’s got great competitiveness, and he’s got different ways of scoring,” Coach Flip Saunders said about Crawford. “He had a mismatch a lot of times against either Mike Bibby or Eddie House.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

From the Washington post:Crawford’s previous career-high was 27 points, set in Chicago two weeks ago. He scored 27 points in the second half against the Heat. “Jordan continues to impress and amaze. Whatever you ask him to do, whatever responsibility, he has no fear. He’s got great competitiveness, and he’s got different ways of scoring,” Coach Flip Saunders said about Crawford. “He had a mismatch a lot of times against either Mike Bibby or Eddie House.

I liked JC2 but as long as Jamal was on this team he would have never gotten any real PT. Sund seem like he wants to resign Jamal and if they do then Jordan would have eventually been traded anyway.

They lost, true; however, 39 points in an NBA game is 39 points. Its not like he hasn't shown he can score. We could've used Jordan Crawford. Alas, we have a coach (Woody 2) who doesn't believe in giving "rooks" or 1 yr players a fair chance. See: Teague, Jeff. Larry Drew....words cannot express how quickly I would like for you to be relieved of your head coaching duties. Lets think: How detrimental will Drew be to the long term development of this team if he is able to stick around?

• Premium Member

Hello,This really is starting to hurt. With John Wall being Ejected for fighting with Z, JC2 put up 39 Points, which is the most points any Wizards Rookie has put up since Tom Gugliotta in 1992. This Trade is going to haunt us for years to come and the fact we gave up a 1st Round Pick just adds insult to injury.I was angry about the Trade when it was announced and seething about it now. We gave up in essence 2 1st Round Draft Picks for Kirk Heinrich who the Wizards received a 1st Round Pick just to add to their Roster. This is by far the worst move Rick Sund has made as Hawks GM.JJ

SO Jordan goes off on Bibby and it's bad for us? :alcoholic: In the second half of a meaningless game on their way to a win, Jordan Crawford snuck up on former backcourt mate Mike Bibby and scored 39. However, Washington still lost the game. Meaningwhile, the Hawks defeated Orlando.

They lost, true; however, 39 points in an NBA game is 39 points. Its not like he hasn't shown he can score. We could've used Jordan Crawford. Alas, we have a coach (Woody 2) who doesn't believe in giving "rooks" or 1 yr players a fair chance. See: Teague, Jeff. Larry Drew....words cannot express how quickly I would like for you to be relieved of your head coaching duties. Lets think: How detrimental will Drew be to the long term development of this team if he is able to stick around?

39 points in the nba is easy to get when you're the only shooter on the floor and you play the whole game. Crawford is a volume scorer and aside from last night, he has had horrible FG%. What that translates to is that he plays a lot of Garbage time and 39 points is not always 39 points. Again, I suggest you look at Shelden Williams or Josh Childress stats at the end of their rookie season. With the green light and all the playing time in the world, they did good. Jordan Crawford may turn out to be good, but then again, he may not. Either way, he would have never gotten off our bench so it doesn't matter.