• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Have Just One Question for the Hawks...

TheTruth

• Premium Member

That's the problem. we fans care more than the players. Did you see JJ laughing at the end?

My question is how they can expect ANYONE to show up and spend $$$ to see a team give such a half-assed effort? Unless Team Voltron decides to play their big three, I would not be shocked if they did not sell out anther game this year. And after hearing Webber and Barry crack more jokes about them tonight than an old episode of Def Comedy Jam, it's safe to say that tonight was the last time we'll see them on any national channel that doesn't require you to buy a season pass. You think ESPN is dying to put JJ and the gang on their airwaves?

Tonight was more insulting than it was embarrassing because this wasn't just another blowout loss on PAX, SportsSouth, or some local channel; this was on TNT. Our team was behind by almost 50 in front of a national TV audience. Every Celtic, Laker, Heat, Bull fan looked at that display and was laughing at us. Hell, even Cav, T-Wolves, and Nets fans got a reprieve from their own misery by watching that beatdown.

Forget about pride, folks; they simply DO NOT CARE. You don't lose by that many points AT HOME ON NATIONAL TV AGAINST A SQUAD PLAYING THE BACK END OF CONSECUTIVE GAMES.

Nights like this almost makes me wish that I was a Sixers or a Pacers fan. Neither are as good record-wise but at least they leave everything on the court. Even after a loss, I still don't see either of them bend over and grab ankles as fast as this bunch does.

I'll still support them but as for taking out my wallet and shelling out for tickets on a team with no pride, passion, or want to about them, NO THANKS. I'll stay home and use the HD instead. And with a pending lockout coming, they might be in for a world of hurt for a long time...

• Like 1

After tonite the only thing I feel like rooting for is for them to drop to 7th so we will get Boston in the first round. That way I can sell my tickets for the most money and then "I'm paid ... $cha ching$!!!"

Then I can look forward to some real ball when the Dream starts this summer. Now there's a team and a coach with real balls!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

At this point all we fans can do is enjoy the wins over the bad teams and accept the blowouts vs the top-tier as collateral damage. it's a shame it has to be that way but that's just the reality of the situation.

Let's face it...if the other team doesn't miss, there's very few rebounds to go around.

Bulls were shooting 70 something % and their misses were turned into putbacks.

That's why they had no more rebounds.

Hawks, on the other hand were shooting 50% and being blown away. 75% shooting

and hitting all those 3 pointers will do that for you. And, when we got a stop, we fouled

and they were sinking free throws.

The "no defense and no pride" Hawks got killed. We're really not THAT bad. Problem

is, they are no longer a team - - Just a group of nba PLAYERS WHO THINK A LOT MORE OF THEMSELVES THAN THEY HAVE ANY RIGHT TO THINK.

Aw, what the heck. WNBA season is just around the corner.

GO DREAM!!!

:kingchris: .

You ain't kidding. That and the Braves season can't get here fast enough.

This. Can't WAIT for the Braves season to start. They should have a heck of a team this year, Chipper is looking like the Chipper of old so far in spring training, and I really think they can take down Philly in the NL East. :pleasantry:

• Premium Member

Here is my only question after watching this heartless group get blown out for what feels like the 10th time this season.

Is it football season yet ?

You ain't kidding. That and the Braves season can't get here fast enough.

Personally, I'm thankful that I got into tennis a few years ago. A sport capable of providing a year-round distraction.

Unfortunately, I'm a big-time Federer fan. And he's going the same direction as the Hawks right now. The difference is that he won 16 major titles before he started his decline.

Maybe the Hawks are just saving themselves for the playoffs. They WANT to look bad so everyone will say you know what this should be a pretty easy series. Remember everyone saying how the Hawks were the worst 8th seed to ever make the playoffs? Well we took Boston to 7 games. Consider this Hawks team to be the worst 5th seed to ever make the playoffs. And I expect us to make some noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Bulls were shooting 70 something % and their misses were turned into putbacks.

That's why they had no more rebounds.

Hawks, on the other hand were shooting 50% and being blown away. 75% shooting

and hitting all those 3 pointers will do that for you. And, when we got a stop, we fouled

and they were sinking free throws.

The "no defense and no pride" Hawks got killed. We're really not THAT bad. Problem

is, they are no longer a team - - Just a group of nba PLAYERS WHO THINK A LOT MORE OF THEMSELVES THAN THEY HAVE ANY RIGHT TO THINK.

Aw, what the heck. WNBA season is just around the corner.

GO DREAM!!!

:kingchris: .

no, did you, you guys actually see the girls last year? they're exactly the opposite of the hawks. they played hard most night(ok i only saw a few games). and in the playoffs, they did care about the games. i'm becoming more of a dream fan.