• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mark Jackson Finally Gets His Shot

TheTruth

Linky

Story is too long to quote. But basically, his hire was a unanimous decision by the Warriors' hiring committee. They felt that his leadership qualities as a player and analysis of the game outweighed his obvious lack of coaching experience.

I wonder if he threw in any of his annoying analyst-speak throughout the interview...

GM: "I'm glad you could come in to interview with us. Do you think your lack of coaching experience will hurt your possible tenure as a first-time head coach?"

MJ: "I just gotta go out there and compete."

GM: "You do know I am referring to you coaching and NOT your retired basketball career, right?"

MJ: "My Goodness!"

On how he will structure the offense:

"Here is an old tape of me playing PG for the Clippers. Watch how I effortlessly dish a dime to the cutter after collapsing the lane with my driving ability. That's a grown man move right there."

On defense:

"I want my guys to set hard screens. I want bodies hitting the floor. 'Mama, there goes that man!' That will be my motto."

On bench play:

"Even the bench guys have to get their hands up and in their opponents' faces when they shoot. If they don't, they will find themselves back on the bench. "Hands down, man down--at the end of the bench."

On getting a Larry Drew type contract:

"Not on my watch!"

After signing the contract:

The GM to Jackson after he signs the new contract [ironically using one of his own catch phrases against him]:

GM: I saw you on TV as an analyst..."You're better than that. And for our sakes, we surely hope so. Welcome aboard."

Edited by TheTruth

Well this should quickly shut him up. Hopefully when he is inevitably fired ABC will realize he sucks and won't give him a chance to announce again.