• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Walking Dead

EazyRoc

• Moderators

I've never seen it. Any suggestions on why it is good or who it would appeal to? Is it worth picking up in whereever it is now or is it a show you should start from the beginning when it becomes available on netflix, etc.?

I've never seen it. Any suggestions on why it is good or who it would appeal to? Is it worth picking up in whereever it is now or is it a show you should start from the beginning when it becomes available on netflix, etc.?

You definitely need to start it from the beginning. There were only 6 episodes in season 1 and I think there have been 4 or 5 so far in season 2 so it's not difficult to catch up on. I love the show and I think it would appeal to anyone who are into zombie movies. I wouldn't say that it's completely unique in it's concept or anything but what you really get from this show is that you learn a lot about the characters and really start to care what happens to them. It can be fairly gory sometimes though so if you have a weak stomach then you might not enjoy it.

First season is on Netflix. It's zombie action, but it raises a bunch of moral questions for me. It's generally for the adult crowd. You should definitely watch the first season and I suggest trying to find episodes of the second season somewhere online or a season summary to quickly bring you up to speed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The first thing that brought me in was the GA setting but I really do like the show but... It hasn't come on for the last month, to my knowledge. Anyone know what's up? Can't believe they'll let the last episode (P.M.D.A.) that aired be the season finale (trying to to spoil it for those who haven't caught the show)

*** Just stopped being lazy and looked it up, myself... The next episode will air Feb 12th

Edited by PlayaPat420

I caught all of the episodes up to now during a marathon on New Year's Eve. Great show! I first heard of it when I wandered on set: I used to work in Centennial Tower, and on the walk to work I saw a burned-out helicopter on Forsyth Street and a d@mn tank in front of the federal court of appeals (!!) I love all things Atlanta (except for Atlanta Spirit since they destroyed my hockey team and are trying like heII to destroy my basketball team...),so I was all over this show.If you haven't seen it, you should, if you can stand the gore.FYI: A LOT of movies are being filmed in Georgia over the last few years. Welcome to East Hollywood, Hawks fans!

• 2 months later...

How amazing has this season been!!! I'm shocked over the past 2 weeks and can't wait for the season finale next week.

Anyone else kinda sad that Shane died? And man that was a really personal way of doing it with the knife. I read something from the creator of the show where he said if you go back and look and pay attention you'll see that Shane was actually lowering his gun and wasn't going to shoot Rick.And now these guys are turning into walkers without being bitten? They say that we're going to hear how this is happening in the finale next week.

How amazing has this season been!!! I'm shocked over the past 2 weeks and can't wait for the season finale next week.

Anyone else kinda sad that Shane died? And man that was a really personal way of doing it with the knife. I read something from the creator of the show where he said if you go back and look and pay attention you'll see that Shane was actually lowering his gun and wasn't going to shoot Rick.And now these guys are turning into walkers without being bitten? They say that we're going to hear how this is happening in the finale next week.

Rick did the right thing. It's already enough to be on edge from zombies and an army of potential scumbags. Shane developed this plan with intention of killing Rick. He had to go. It was an awesome moment in the show. Now, I wonder how long Herschels crew will last. I also think the infection came from contaminated water. A weakened version of the virus hat the body is able to fight off until....they die. I liked Shanes cold heartedness, though. If he wasn't so obsessed with Carl and Lori, he would have been a great contrast to Rick. Now I think Rick will shift more towards Shanes POV after having to kill him.

Rick did the right thing. It's already enough to be on edge from zombies and an army of potential scumbags. Shane developed this plan with intention of killing Rick. He had to go. It was an awesome moment in the show. Now, I wonder how long Herschels crew will last. I also think the infection came from contaminated water. A weakened version of the virus hat the body is able to fight off until....they die. I liked Shanes cold heartedness, though. If he wasn't so obsessed with Carl and Lori, he would have been a great contrast to Rick. Now I think Rick will shift more towards Shanes POV after having to kill him.

Yeah there's no doubt that he had to kill Shane, but it still sucks as I liked the Shane character, he was a good antagonist but I guess he did fill his need for the show. I was reading a lot of different theories last night on how they're becoming walkers without being bitten and it seems like there are 2 popular theories, 1 that everyone are already infected due to a military experiment and the other that the water supply is contaminated and Shane became infected from cutting his hand with that knife that had been in the water. They were saying that Shane was slowly starting to be taken over by the infection and that's why he was becoming increasingly agitated and violent. Then supposedly the kid got infected from cutting his wrists on the handcuffs that were used on walkers. I also read something from the creator of the show saying that they've told the farm story and plan to move on so I'm guessing that Herschel and most of his crew are going to get killed off this coming week and next season they're really going to explain how the infection came to be with a lot of flashbacks, so we'll probably see some more of Shane in flashbacks.The show sure has been awesome though and anyone missing it are really missing out!

I agree great couple of weeks. I think the wounds have something to do with it. Also, perhaps the the knife rick used. Next week will be a blood bath. Shane had to go and I wonder how Lori will react.

As long as they don't kill off Maggie I will continue to love the show. If something happens to her then I may have to change my tune!

Posted Image

I like Maggie too, but I get the strangest feeling she will be killed so Glen can brood and run the whole 'I wish I told her I love her, now there is no hope' spiel into the ground. I also got the strangest feeling that Daryls brother is running with this group of tough guys randall came from.

I like Maggie too, but I get the strangest feeling she will be killed so Glen can brood and run the whole 'I wish I told her I love her, now there is no hope' spiel into the ground. I also got the strangest feeling that Daryls brother is running with this group of tough guys randall came from.

Yeah I could definitely see them doing that with Glenn. Maggie reminds me of Martina McBride and I'd hate to miss out on seeing her in the future so they should kill Glenn instead. I did read some thoughts that Murl (sp?) the handless brother will be with that group. I'm also hoping we'll see the man and son who put Rick up in season 1 and taught him about the walkers.

any of you guys have experience with the comics? They've strayed here and there so far, but overall it's keeping to the general flow, with a few big exceptions.

Speaking of the walking dead, bout time you posted again!I can't speak for everyone but I didn't think that most comic book nerds were also sports junkies. I have heard that there is a major difference with comic and tv show where in the tv show

Dale is killed but he's still alive in the comics and serves as Rick's counter balance.

• Admin

Speaking of the walking dead, bout time you posted again!

I can't speak for everyone but I didn't think that most comic book nerds were also sports junkies. I have heard that there is a major difference with comic and tv show where in the tv show

Dale is killed but he's still alive in the comics and serves as Rick's counter balance.

hehe, I lurk frequently! Posted Image

actually

Dale has been gone in the comics for a while now too and he wasn't so much at odds with everyone in the comics as he was in the show. Rick filled that role in the comics more than anyone, but he's still doing that in the show too. He was the "we have to keep our humanity" guy. Not that it will spoil anything for you at this point, but in the comics Shane died before they got to the farm and it was carl that killed him, because he saw that Shane was becoming a problem for his mom and dad. It was a big part of the comic as it showed how he was changing. They pussed out in the show, can't have a kid kill and adult... so they waited until he was a zombie to have carl do it. In the book after rick found out, he went back to where Carl had shot Shane and finished him off. Heavy stuff, nerfed for TV

still a great show though, one of the few I bother recording these days. There should be some very good stuff coming up next season.