• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Walking Dead

EazyRoc

hehe, I lurk frequently! Posted Image

actually

Dale has been gone in the comics for a while now too and he wasn't so much at odds with everyone in the comics as he was in the show. Rick filled that role in the comics more than anyone, but he's still doing that in the show too. He was the "we have to keep our humanity" guy. Not that it will spoil anything for you at this point, but in the comics Shane died before they got to the farm and it was carl that killed him, because he saw that Shane was becoming a problem for his mom and dad. It was a big part of the comic as it showed how he was changing. They pussed out in the show, can't have a kid kill and adult... so they waited until he was a zombie to have carl do it. In the book after rick found out, he went back to where Carl had shot Shane and finished him off. Heavy stuff, nerfed for TV

still a great show though, one of the few I bother recording these days. There should be some very good stuff coming up next season.

Guess I should have said that I read that Dale was still alive at this point (where the show is) in the comics. Is that accurate? And yeah that's a good point, they couldn't have Carl kill an adult on TV. They're saying that between the thing with the walker and now killing the zombie Shane that this is his growing up moment and that we should expect a lot of conflict between he and Rick next season as Carl grows into his own, which wouldn't surprise me since he's kind of a brat.

Definitely 1 of my favorite shows on TV and 1 I look forward to every week. Gonna be sad when the season finale hits this next week and we'll have to go 6 months or whatever without the show.

• Admin

Guess I should have said that I read that Dale was still alive at this point (where the show is) in the comics. Is that accurate? And yeah that's a good point, they couldn't have Carl kill an adult on TV. They're saying that between the thing with the walker and now killing the zombie Shane that this is his growing up moment and that we should expect a lot of conflict between he and Rick next season as Carl grows into his own, which wouldn't surprise me since he's kind of a brat.

Definitely 1 of my favorite shows on TV and 1 I look forward to every week. Gonna be sad when the season finale hits this next week and we'll have to go 6 months or whatever without the show.

ah!

right, at this point in the comics Dale is still around. He lasted for quite a while, even lost a leg and still kept on kicking along. I can only imagine they killed him because 1. the actor had a better role lined up or 2. They never figured they'd surivive as a show long enough to get to where he bites it (weee!) in the comic. Carl's turn in the comics get pretty crazy. Shooting Shane is definitely not has darkest moment.

ah!

right, at this point in the comics Dale is still around. He lasted for quite a while, even lost a leg and still kept on kicking along. I can only imagine they killed him because 1. the actor had a better role lined up or 2. They never figured they'd surivive as a show long enough to get to where he bites it (weee!) in the comic. Carl's turn in the comics get pretty crazy. Shooting Shane is definitely not has darkest moment.

You're probably right about Dale regarding the show not being expected to last this long. Plus I think that a lot of people didn't really like him since he was such a whiner. The guy who should really be leading the group is Daryl as he just seems to be a lot smarter and equipped for surviving this type of life and I'm expecting we'll see a lot more from him next season.It wouldn't surprise me at all if that little bastard started torturing animals and doing all sorts of other crazy stuff. He seems like the type of kid who would have gone on to be a campus sniper sitting at the top of the clock tower picking off innocent victims. So how many more seasons do you think they could make of the TV show based on how long the comic has been running?

So what did y'all think of the season finale?

I thought that it was AWESOME! And I loved that new Michone character (new to me, not to the comic people) with the 2 armless zombies in chains walking behind her. Lori is starting to piss me off now as she pushed Rick to kill Shane and now everyone is treating him like he's the bad guy... although I will say that he didn't truly illustrate how it all went down and he made it seem like he should feel guilty for it when the truth is he was only trying to save his own life there.I'm very interested to see where the story goes next season with the final shot of the prison and all. And what's the deal with the helicopter??

the finale was great.  everyone who needed to die died.   tighten up the group and the story lines.   the prison is a big plot point form what I understand for the comics.

Definitely agree except for this one thing...

http://www.collegehumor.com/article/6743808/10-reasons-why-the-walking-dead-should-just-kill-carl

Posted Image

loved the finale. I had concerns that they would be able to make it big with the two previous deaths, but IMO they knocked it out of the park. They will definitely pull huge numbers for S3E1.

This show has gotten so good that I'm considering becoming a part-time comic book nerd just so I can find out what might happen next!

• Admin

This show has gotten so good that I'm considering becoming a part-time comic book nerd just so I can find out what might happen next!

I've read all 94 issues up to this point and I'd just stick to the show if I were you. You're just going to ruin it for yourself. I'd almost say read up to the point that they get to that building you saw at the end of the S2 finale and stop, because they could really ruin things for you from there on out. The crazy thing is that's probably 25 issues worth of reading there, but take it from me, one can read through 94 issues of a comic in a VERY short amount of time when they're all sitting there in front of you Posted Image

I've read all 94 issues up to this point and I'd just stick to the show if I were you. You're just going to ruin it for yourself. I'd almost say read up to the point that they get to that building you saw at the end of the S2 finale and stop, because they could really ruin things for you from there on out. The crazy thing is that's probably 25 issues worth of reading there, but take it from me, one can read through 94 issues of a comic in a VERY short amount of time when they're all sitting there in front of you Posted Image

Yeah I would definitely not want to ruin it that's for sure. I think I can honestly say that I've ever read a comic book before and not because I have purposely avoided it, but simply because I've never felt the desire to. That probably sounds strange I'm sure.

Thanks for the advice about this!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh last night was just horrifically good. Real tragedy TV.

I had no idea that was coming either! I had Facebook on my phone pulled up and I "like" The Walking Dead on there and I saw a post by then just after the show ended, but before I had watched it, and it just said "shocking". So I knew something big was going to happen but I really didn't expect the final big thing to be the really big thing that happened. I thought the first thing was the shocking thing... still in shock. This is maybe bigger than Sons of Anarchy and their shocking episode from earlier in the season.
  • Like 1

I am still working through last season of SOA but last night's episode of Walking Dead was pretty crazy.

You'll see what I mean when you get about 1/4 of the way into the current season of Sons... it may not be quite as big, but it's a pretty shocking moment considering that A LOT more people die in The Walking Dead.

I had no idea that was coming either! I had Facebook on my phone pulled up and I "like" The Walking Dead on there and I saw a post by then just after the show ended, but before I had watched it, and it just said "shocking". So I knew something big was going to happen but I really didn't expect the final big thing to be the really big thing that happened. I thought the first thing was the shocking thing... still in shock. This is maybe bigger than Sons of Anarchy and their shocking episode from earlier in the season.

That's a tough one. SOA was just a brutal gut punch and they have been punching us in the face ever since. No one is safe on either show. Between those two and Boardwalk Empire I seriously experience too much violence.

That's a tough one. SOA was just a brutal gut punch and they have been punching us in the face ever since. No one is safe on either show. Between those two and Boardwalk Empire I seriously experience too much violence.

Haha I'm with you Sultan as I watch Boardwalk Empire as well. For me the SoA shocker hurt a lot more, but I was less surprised by it than I was the shocker on The Walking Dead. The shocker on Boardwalk Empire at the end of last season was pretty unexpected. Maybe we're becoming desensitized watching these shows AND being Hawks fanatics?