• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HHGregg extended warranty nightmare

thecampster

Because that's how I roll. I'm just doing what I promised HHGregg I would do until they solved my television problem.

You see, 20 months ago I bought a 65 inch Mitsubishi TV from HHGregg. Total paid $1421. That includes the 5 year extended warranty that is supposed to cover all parts and services. HHGregg advertises such on their site. Per HHGregg, the wrong warranty was entered into the computer and their "covers everything" plan covers everything except the one part I had go out. So sorry for your inconvenience sir. Oh no, so sorry for you HHGregg. As promised, I am letting everyone I know not to buy from HHGregg until they resolve why I paid $200 extra dollars on an $1100 TV for an extended warranty they will not stand behind.

I am currently waiting for an executive to call me back.

• Like 1

Because that's how I roll. I'm just doing what I promised HHGregg I would do until they solved my television problem.

You see, 20 months ago I bought a 65 inch Mitsubishi TV from HHGregg. Total paid $1421. That includes the 5 year extended warranty that is supposed to cover all parts and services. HHGregg advertises such on their site. Per HHGregg, the wrong warranty was entered into the computer and their "covers everything" plan covers everything except the one part I had go out. So sorry for your inconvenience sir. Oh no, so sorry for you HHGregg. As promised, I am letting everyone I know not to buy from HHGregg until they resolve why I paid $200 extra dollars on an $1100 TV for an extended warranty they will not stand behind.

I am currently waiting for an executive to call me back.

Clark Howard "never by the extended warranty"

• Premium Member

I follow the Clark Howard motto too. The thing about it is that most of these companies will find a way not to honor that. Just recently, I was in Best Buy frustrated because of the "bait and switch". The salesman suggested HHgregg and after looking at their overprices, I decided to break down and go to WalMart. (i hate Walmart but they never pull a bait and switch).

Clark Howard "never by the extended warranty"

The choice for the extended warranty had to do with the cost of replacement. The set was a $1400 set elsewher for just over $1100 at HHGregg who was closing it out.

So the story isn't over but here is where we are right now. I have bought the part myself through Amazon for a paultry $71 and am installing it myself (it's a 3 minute swap). The regional manager has agreed to reimburse me for the part because it's cheaper than they buy but only as long as I'm repairing it myself and as a measure of goodwill. The executive called today while I was sleeping and my cell was downstairs. I will be calling her back tomorrow if for now other reason that to explain it to her.

In the future, it might be cheaper to buy from Brandsmart. If you don't mind buying from a smaller vendor I can give you the information of this shop in sandy springs. I paid $600 for a Samsung led smart tv which is like a $1300 set.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...