• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk News: We are moving servers! - Update: We're now moved!

Admin

All,

For the first time in nearly a decade Hawksquawk will be moving to a new hosting company with much better, faster and more reliable servers. We've grown so much in the past 10 years that we need a lot more storage space and a lot more monthly bandwidth so this is something that is very much needed. I've already gotten the temporary site up and running with what was live on the site as of this Monday and I'm tweaking everything to get it running perfectly and when that happens I'm going to have to shut down Hawksquawk for a day while I backup the current database and file system and get it transferred over and then we'll get the DNS updated to get you all over to the new servers. Once Hawksquawk is back up you won't notice anything different other than the performance should be much better, although we may experience some bugs that come with moving a 10 years old site. Ideally we'll have this done by this weekend but we'll see how it goes as I am going to shut the site down on a day that we don't have a game so that all of you can still get your chat on.

And FYI to new members who wish to register, we have closed the site to new registrations temporarily as I don't want any new members to get lost in the transfer. I apologize in advance for this but promise that we'll get that back up as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your understanding and if you have any questions please let me know.

Also, a BIG thanks to Chillz for continuing to pay for Hawksquawk out of his own pocket each month and for paying for this server transfer.

Regards,

Dolfan23

• Like 2

One of the cool things that you'll be able to do with the new site is upload images and create your own member galleries and Hawksquawk Supporters will be able to upload video as well and we'll no longer have to worry about not having enough storage space to allow that.

It would be really cool if some of you who are at the game shot some video with your phone and then uploaded it to the website right there on your phone while you're still at the game!

• Like 2

Awesome. Thanks Dolfan and Chillz!

Great news, and amazing work Dol (and Chillz)

Thanks for this labor of fandom.

Thank you both! We're happy to do it ... hate that I'll have to shut the site down, likely tomorrow, but it will only be for a day at the most and will be well worth it.

You guys are the best beer.gif .

Doing what you do for fans of a team like the Hawks should be ESPY material.

Anyway - go ahead and phuck up what was working before - I've seen this many times in my job from the IT dudes.

Trying to fix stuff that isn't broken.

See you in a week or so........crazy.gif

...with less functioning applications.

It's going to be tough on DJ and I if there's no chat. We're not technically alcoholics if we're amongst friends.

Thanks for caring Mace....cheers!

(p.s. - kidding...good luck!....Hawksquawk Forever!)

Edited by DJlaysitup

It's going to be tough on DJ and I if there's no chat. We're not technically alcoholics if we're amongst friends.

No worries if the site isn't back up before the game starts tomorrow night just come over here and I will get you all a link for the chat on the new server.

You guys are the best beer.gif .

Doing what you do for fans of a team like the Hawks should be ESPY material.

Anyway - go ahead and phuck up what was working before - I've seen this many times in my job from the IT dudes.

Trying to fix stuff that isn't broken.

See you in a week or so........crazy.gif

...with less functioning applications.

Thanks for caring Mace....cheers!

(p.s. - kidding...good luck!....Hawksquawk Forever!)

Nah I'm simply too good at what I do to mess it up ... haha jk ... but yeah it shouldn't be an issue and the new site is already up and running flawlessly so it should be a simple transition that will only take as long as having your ISP update their DNS record.

No worries if the site isn't back up before the game starts tomorrow night just come over here and I will get you all a link for the chat on the new server.

Nah I'm simply too good at what I do to mess it up ... haha jk ... but yeah it shouldn't be an issue and the new site is already up and running flawlessly so it should be a simple transition that will only take as long as having your ISP update their DNS record.

Well then nevermind my concerns - beer.gif Cheers!!

Alright all we are now back up on the new server, albeit via temporary URL for now, but hopefully within 24 hours Hawksquawk.net will be pointing to this new server.

You may notice some small issues like the site remembering which posts you've read in a particular thread or possibly even which threads that you've read but unfortunately I can't do anything about that. It's also possible that some people have lost their profile photos so you'll want to re-upload those.

Make sure you all clear your cache by pressing CTRL + F5 in most browsers and it's also a good idea to delete your cookies.

The site is fully functional though and anything you post or do will be here to stay so don't worry about anything getting lost.

If you see anything that doesn't look or work right please let me know.