• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Today might be the most dynamic day in Atlanta Hawks history

Joker

Sign the papers Dwight is basically what it comes down to for Orlando retaining D12. Dwight can beg Devos not to trade him but everyone knows what happens if he doesn't sign the papers. Dwight's word is just not valid anymore and Orlando brass knows that. When the deadline is over, he will say his agent and him said it's a better business decision to opt out but I want to be an Orlando Magic then he will leave to NJ. Orlando is not stupid, no one is this stupid.

http://www.floridatoday.com/usatoday/article/53542734?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|p

http://www.floridatoday.com/usatoday/article/53542734?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|p

• Premium Member

Right now, the Nets are unsure. They're starting to go through plan B scenerios. I would love to see them trade DWill for Bynum as was spoken about on the mothership!! I actually think the Lakers would do it.

• Premium Member

According to realgm he's going to stay for the last year in his contract. This whole drama is just laughable. I don't know if he's trying to outsmart the Magic by trying not to get traded so the Nets keep their assets or if he's genuinely flip flopping like a pancake. Either way I'm glad we don't have to deal with it.

• Premium Member

According to realgm he's going to stay for the last year in his contract. This whole drama is just laughable. I don't know if he's trying to outsmart the Magic by trying not to get traded so the Nets keep their assets or if he's genuinely flip flopping like a pancake. Either way I'm glad we don't have to deal with it.

He's not going to stay, he just don't want to be traded. Why be the villain in 2 cities.

• Like 1

He wouldn't mind going to Houston or staying in Orlando. He can easily drop those teams. The good teams aren't sending their assets for a player who is clearly heading to NJ. You have to be stupid and desperate to trade for D12.

I think a lot of this is D12's agent trying to enter free agency to get himself paid. He gets nothings if Dwight stays.

If D12 is traded to NJ he is not making the playoffs this year and apparently he would lose some bonuses from his Addidas contract.

Sign, don't sign - just let it be over.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Today might be the most dynamic day in Atlanta Hawks history

Or this could be just another boring trade deadline were players we want go elsewhere. And mean while we go another season waiting on our core to get us out of the 2nd round.

This is how the ASG generates excitement, they let other players and teams do it for about two weeks in the middle of the season, and again a few more weeks as we watch others play in the conference finals and finals, then again as we watch others draft and trade for some really good players.

The key to all this is they do not have to do anything which is something they are really good at!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

he'll sign the extension, avoid being a bad guy in atl, and make orlando think they have one more off season to really show d12 they can win it all. then smoove and d12 will hit free agency together, ala bron/wade. don't know if dwill would wait around for them though.

fwiw, i would do the jj/horf for d12/hedo trade. what would be a kicker is if orl picked smoove instead of horf. d12 wouldn't get to play with josh, and we'd get to keep the most stable and financially safe player.

Orlando will try to trade Dwight during the summer when everything is settled like draft positions and prospects. If Joe and Al are the best deal now they could get the same deal in July.

A team like Chicago could be desperate enough if they faulter and still be in decent shape to build around Rose if Dwight leaves 2013.

Orlando will try to trade Dwight during the summer when everything is settled like draft positions and prospects. If Joe and Al are the best deal now they could get the same deal in July.

A team like Chicago could be desperate enough if they faulter and still be in decent shape to build around Rose if Dwight leaves 2013.

Chicago is a contender right now. They wouldn't mess up a good thing unless Dwight wants to be there.

What assets? Deron is the one of the only parts that's not a NBDL part. Maybe Hump as well. Lopez is not healthy, overrated and Orlando doesn't want him and that was before the injuries this yr. If Dwight could be traded to NJ, he would to happy but Orlando isn't interested. It's like D'Antoni telling Dolan to trade Melo for Deron as if NJ wants do that deal which clearly they wouldn't.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Chicago is a contender right now. They wouldn't mess up a good thing unless Dwight wants to be there.

I agree and privately Chicago execs are not very happy about how Howard has dissed their team and city. He wants the marketing money, he wants to be the main dog, the only thing I am not hearing is how bad he wants to win a championship. The more I listen to all this crap about everything but winning, the more my dislike intensifies...

He is probably going to end up right there with Bron and Bosh by the time this is all over...

I agree and privately Chicago execs are not very happy about how Howard has dissed their team and city. He wants the marketing money, he wants to be the main dog, the only thing I am not hearing is how bad he wants to win a championship. The more I listen to all this crap about everything but winning, the more my dislike intensifies...

He is probably going to end up right there with Bron and Bosh by the time this is all over...

How does he end up in Miami unless he is traded for Wade of LBJ (the Magic wouldn't want Bosh)? Miami doesn't have any room under the cap to sign him to the kind of money he would command. They are waaaaay over the cap.

• Premium Member

What assets? Deron is the one of the only parts that's not a NBDL part. Maybe Hump as well. Lopez is not healthy, overrated and Orlando doesn't want him and that was before the injuries this yr. If Dwight could be traded to NJ, he would to happy but Orlando isn't interested. It's like D'Antoni telling Dolan to trade Melo for Deron as if NJ wants do that deal which clearly they wouldn't.

What assets? Lopez and a high lottery pick and Marshon Brooks, hello? You might think Lopez is overrated but 99.9% of other NBA fans do not.

What assets? Lopez and a high lottery pick and Marshon Brooks, hello? You might think Lopez is overrated but 99.9% of other NBA fans do not.

I do think Lopez is overrated. He's is in the class with Monta Ellis. In fact, I rather Ellis due to health. But that's me. Orlando is the one that really doesn't like Lopez. 99.9% of NBA fans have no influence in that. Brooks is like "he who's name shall not be mentioned". He's in that tier. Maybe better than Crawford individiually.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Until Chicago can compete better vs. Miami in a playoff, they are not contenders. The hole at two will always be there. Boozer and Noah are not a good tandem for a real contender.

As how the Hawks have a 2nd round ceiling, Chicago may have an EC finals ceiling. But back to Dwight, Orl might just make one more run in the playoffs status quo. If they lose in the 1st round, the writing is on the wall, he must get traded shortly thereafter. Now if they get desperate by this afternoon and offer picks and contracts for Joe Johnson, that would be something.

Until Chicago can compete better vs. Miami in a playoff, they are not contenders. The hole at two will always be there. Boozer and Noah are not a good tandem for a real contender.

As how the Hawks have a 2nd round ceiling, Chicago may have an EC finals ceiling. But back to Dwight, Orl might just make one more run in the playoffs status quo. If they lose in the 1st round, the writing is on the wall, he must get traded shortly thereafter. Now if they get desperate by this afternoon and offer picks and contracts for Joe Johnson, that would be something.

They only had one playoff series v. them. I can't see how Chicago aren't contenders. Chicago is a better team this year. Deng is better. Boozer is better. Rose is better. They finally have a backup PG in Lucas III. Aisk is better as is Gibson. They both are contenders.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

How does he end up in Miami unless he is traded for Wade of LBJ (the Magic wouldn't want Bosh)? Miami doesn't have any room under the cap to sign him to the kind of money he would command. They are waaaaay over the cap.

LOL man, I am talking about him ending up that high on my disliked players list :)