• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Like Draymond Green's Versatility

Joker

Draymond Green impressed in a workout with the Hawks on Tuesday.

“I think he’s going to be a terrific NBA player,” Atlanta coach Larry Drew said. “I don’t think there’s enough players like him that bring a little bit of everything to the game. But he certainly is that type of player, that caliber of player.”

Green led Michigan State in scoring, rebounding, steals, field goals and three-pointers in his senior season.

“I think he can develop into a three. I think he has that versatility where you can move him around. A lot of it depends on matchups. But I think he has the foot speed and the size to play the four, and I think that’s just going to be a plus for him and his game to move from the three to the four,” Drew said after watching Green work out. "As I said before, this league is really starting to move more toward that versatile player, a guy who can play multiple positions. And he certainly fits that profile."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221603/Hawks_Like_Draymond_Greens_Versatility#ixzz1yIs2jxXR

• Moderators

If the Hawks do move up in the draft through trade, this could very well be our #23 pick and MW's replacement. Even if we don't, this is guy that I wouldn't mind using the #23 on and then just find a center in FA, promote Pachulia, or just suffer another season with Horford at the 5. Plus, he's a Sparty which makes him cool in my book!

• Like 1

He's an option at 23.

Edited by Joker

Guest Walter

Frankly, this would be a great player to get should we trade down with Cleveland and pick up 24/34. I do like Draymond Green. I just don't think he is value at 23. W

• Like 1

He measured 6.5.75'' without shoes.I see Green as a undersized PF that will rebound well.............I cannot imagine him having the feet to defending NBA SFs on the perimeter.......I don't know where Drew is getting the SF stuff from.The plus for Green is that 2 things he does well are the 2 basketball skills that normally translate best to the next level (rebounding and shooting). He should be safe pick as good role player at the least.Of course I'd prefer a legit 7 footer who can defend the rim on defense and play above the rim on offense to another undersized PF..........but I'm getting used to it as a Hawks fan.

Edited by coachx

Larry Drew is the same guy who loved Pape Sy's versatilty and thought he was going to be a terrific point guard. So any comments from Drew about potential prospects should be disregarded. Larry Drew is the same guy who felt Teague wasnt ready to contribute and had to be forced by result of injury to Hinrich to give the guy a chance. I think that its quite laughable to hear Drew open his mouth about some overweight tweener who should be a second round pick.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

My only concern is his height... Draftexpress has him at 6'5.5" without shoes and 11.5 percent body fat. They also have him as a PF, but with the height disadvantage, I wonder if he could even play the position... He is starting to sound like an Ivan Johnson that can shoot...

He looks good on film. He looks really good. These type of players have been doing well in the last five years. Millsap, Faried, Leonard is names of few. They never look like they have great potential but they always improve in the NBA due to their fit and work ethic. I am not big on him but they have been worse picks.

Edited by Joker

Another tweener? another versatile, do everything player? "I think he can develop into a three, then said I think he has the foot speed and the size to play the four" What is he?

Another tweener? another versatile, do everything player? "I think he can develop into a three, then said I think he has the foot speed and the size to play the four" What is he?

But he's rotational. I don't see them looking at him like a starter.

• 4 years later...
18 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Spudlous...

23ad56fa-3c7a-4054-824d-eef559b3d0d2.gif

Down, boy.  Down.

lol excellent...please enlighten us about your thoughts and feelings on this year's draft...so we can do the exact opposite....

I kid outta love! But you gotta admit Mace you dropped the ball on ur own nutsack with that Draymond prediction...and please don't go looking for any of mine...I'm never wrong. :-|

8 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

lol excellent...please enlighten us about your thoughts and feelings on this year's draft...so we can do the exact opposite....

I kid outta love! But you gotta admit Mace you dropped the ball on ur own nutsack with that Draymond prediction...and please don't go looking for any of mine...I'm never wrong. :-|

No I didn't.  Where was he drafted again?  The 2nd round?  Oh that's right.  No, he didn't make any sense then coming to a team that already featured Josh Smith and Al Horford at the 4/5 then Sap and certainly not as a 3, a position he struggled at before being moved permanently to the 4 and small ball 5.

If you're going to do the whole hindsight is 20/20 thing then it would behoove you to remember the full context rather than picking and choosing details that fit your narrative....kinda like that big blind spot you have for Jeremy Lamb.

2 hours ago, MaceCase said:

....kinda like that big blind spot you have for Jeremy Lamb.

You were in on him too...don't make me do it...lol...

ps your pmsing