• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What films do you like that your friends and family haven't seen?

Plainview1981

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans: Watched this the other day and I loved it. Cage is either really good or really bad, and he is really good in this one. Perfect casting by Werner Herzog. It's almost like he decided he wanted to make a movie with Cage and then looked for the craziest role/[YouTube Clips] just to watch Cage do his thing.Clay Pigeons: Offbeat black comedy/[YouTube Clips] noir type of [YouTube Clips]. And Vince Vaughn is actually funny! It's probably the only movie I like him in.Red Rock West: A well crafted neo noir starring Cage and Dennis Hopper. It's almost like a lost Coens [YouTube Clips]. Very re-watchable.Attack the BlockThe Ballad of Jack and Rose: Good performance by Lewis. This one is rarely mentioned.The Bank Job: Not much of a Statham fan, but this was well done. Better than I expected.Before the Devil Knows You're Dead: Sidney Lumet left one last gift before he departed. It's a really good crime thriller with good performances from Hoffman and Hawke. Unlike many, I've always liked Ethan. He isn't an A lister, but he is a worthy supporting actor type of guy.Black Dynamite: Good send up to the blaxploitation genre.Brick: Another neo noir [YouTube Clips] that happens to be in a high school setting. I actually didn't like the [YouTube Clips] at first because the concept threw me off. But it's a good flick for re-watches.Bronson: Watch Tom Hardy as a badass before he became Bane.The Cooler: Probably William Macy's last good role other than Thank You for Smoking. It's a small little [YouTube Clips] the relationship of two unlucky losers. A nice performance form Baldwin also. Lots of subplots though. Drags the [YouTube Clips] down a tad, but I still really like it.Drugstore Cowboy: Many here have probably seen this one.Fortress: Cheesy early 90's action/sci-fi [YouTube Clips] starring Christopher Lambert who has been captured and put in a high security prison.Fresh: It seems to have got lost in all the urban drama's that came out in the early and mid 90's. It's not as glossy and artificial as the director's second [YouTube Clips] Remember the Titans.The Last Seduction: Not all that different from Red Rock West and Body Heat.Just a few of them.

I honestly have no clue. Most of friends and family love movies and I don't. I just see them on dates with the ladies.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans: Watched this the other day and I loved it. Cage is either really good or really bad, and he is really good in this one. Perfect casting by Werner Herzog. It's almost like he decided he wanted to make a movie with Cage and then looked for the craziest role/[YouTube Clips] just to watch Cage do his thing. Clay Pigeons: Offbeat black comedy/[YouTube Clips] noir type of [YouTube Clips]. And Vince Vaughn is actually funny! It's probably the only movie I like him in. Red Rock West: A well crafted neo noir starring Cage and Dennis Hopper. It's almost like a lost Coens [YouTube Clips]. Very re-watchable. Attack the Block The Ballad of Jack and Rose: Good performance by Lewis. This one is rarely mentioned. The Bank Job: Not much of a Statham fan, but this was well done. Better than I expected. Before the Devil Knows You're Dead: Sidney Lumet left one last gift before he departed. It's a really good crime thriller with good performances from Hoffman and Hawke. Unlike many, I've always liked Ethan. He isn't an A lister, but he is a worthy supporting actor type of guy. Black Dynamite: Good send up to the blaxploitation genre. Brick: Another neo noir [YouTube Clips] that happens to be in a high school setting. I actually didn't like the [YouTube Clips] at first because the concept threw me off. But it's a good flick for re-watches. Bronson: Watch Tom Hardy as a badass before he became Bane. The Cooler: Probably William Macy's last good role other than Thank You for Smoking. It's a small little [YouTube Clips] the relationship of two unlucky losers. A nice performance form Baldwin also. Lots of subplots though. Drags the [YouTube Clips] down a tad, but I still really like it. Drugstore Cowboy: Many here have probably seen this one. Fortress: Cheesy early 90's action/sci-fi [YouTube Clips] starring Christopher Lambert who has been captured and put in a high security prison. Fresh: It seems to have got lost in all the urban drama's that came out in the early and mid 90's. It's not as glossy and artificial as the director's second [YouTube Clips] Remember the Titans. The Last Seduction: Not all that different from Red Rock West and Body Heat. Just a few of them.

I saw Fresh on Netflix. Damn good movie.

• 2 weeks later...