• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mo Bitter Blues?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Shots Fired! (probably from the corner)

“I give (Derek Fisher) a round of applause for being able to pull off this stunt and pull the wool over everyone’s eyes,” former NBA veteran Maurice Evans told me late Thursday night. “If he wants the union that bad — let him and Ron Klempner and Jamie Wior — they can have it.”

Evans, 34, was an executive vice president at the NBPA. He was perhaps the player and union rep closest to Hunter during the 2011 lockout and its aftermath. Evans is Hunter’s staunchest defender. After nine NBA seasons — he played last year with the Wizards — the career-long role player couldn’t find a job this season, which meant his role in the union ended.

“Without a doubt, I know me not being in the league has something to do with my support of Billy Hunter,” Evans said. “I’m fully comfortable not playing in the NBA ever again.”

Evans lives in Houston. On Saturday, while Fisher conducts his likely ouster of Hunter, Evans plans to be at a church in Houston speaking to young basketball players about the perils of NBA life and trying to inspire them to avoid the mistakes many NBA stars make with their money and in their personal lives. Evans said he received a letter from the union on Wednesday warning him that he is not allowed to attend Saturday’s union meeting because he’s no longer in the league.

“They excommunicated your boy,” Evans said. “They took my tickets, took my little status as executive vice president.”

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3