• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody = Undeserved firing!

Diesel

Woody about to get eliminated with no adjustments and iso bball, wish I could say this is a shock, but we all know it isn't, like I said before a good defensive assistant bad head coach

its already been known he is a terrible post season coach. He makes zero adjustments.

Indy adjusted by playing Hibbert 35 to 40 mpg in the playoffs. Hill, Stephenson, and Augustin are good answers to the Knicks guard rotations. Melo should be playing better. As he goes so goes the Knicks.

I think Hibbert is once again rising, just like he did in last years playoffs. He earned a max deal with last years performance and its paying dividends this season.

I don't hate Woody, or anything like that, but he's one of those coaches that do not understand why he is actually winning. He didn't understand what he had in Jeremy Lin last year, and this year, he doesn't understand what he has. His perception of what he has is Carmelo Anthony and then a bunch of secondary players.

What he actually has is an inefficient shot chucker that he gives the green light to that takes shots away from more efficient scorers like Tyson Chandler, Kenyon Martin, Steve Novak, and Pablo Prigioni (The Hawks should try to steal him away from the Knicks the way Houston stole Lin).

Here's Woody's problem that keeps him from being a great coach --> He can only get his players to buy into what he wants when things are going good. This is LD's same problem. Getting the players to buy into the way you want things done is one of the marks of a strong coach. In Atlanta, the team had tuned him out.

In New York right now, his style of play is about to get the Knicks ousted from the playoffs. You can't be as isolation oriented as the Knicks are on offense and have playoff success. The Pacers are up 3-1 on the Knicks, and I can bet you Mike Woodson has no clue why.

• Like 2

Indy adjusted by playing Hibbert 35 to 40 mpg in the playoffs. Hill, Stephenson, and Augustin are good answers to the Knicks guard rotations. Melo should be playing better. As he goes so goes the Knicks.

I think Hibbert is once again rising, just like he did in last years playoffs. He earned a max deal with last years performance and its paying dividends this season.

I don't believe the Knicks go as Carmelo goes. Carmelo is going to shoot the ball whether he is hitting or not, and his shooting is ultimately what hurts the Knicks long term. His misses are the equivalent to turnovers, as they give the other team extra possessions.

• Premium Member

I don't believe the Knicks go as Carmelo goes. Carmelo is going to shoot the ball whether he is hitting or not, and his shooting is ultimately what hurts the Knicks long term. His misses are the equivalent to turnovers, as they give the other team extra possessions.

Sounds familiar!

Sounds familiar!

Melo is so much better than Josh its not even a contest. Bottom line, when you get out rebounded 54 to 36 you lose 20 out of 20 times. Hibbert, West, and George are taking the Knicks front line to a defensive schooling. And Lance is only avg 8 rpg as a shooting guard lmao.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Melo is so much better than Josh its not even a contest. Bottom line, when you get out rebounded 54 to 36 you lose 20 out of 20 times. Hibbert, West, and George are taking the Knicks front line to a defensive schooling. And Lance is only avg 8 rpg as a shooting guard lmao.

And for some unknown reason both Woody and LD thought that a small line up would work against them.

And for some unknown reason both Woody and LD thought that a small line up would work against them.

If Indy is anything, they play big. Its exactly why I want a center so bad. Size can off set great players to a certain extent. We can't get CP3 or Howard, lets at least get some size.

Edited by Buzzard

How Jason Kidd is getting playing time is a mystery to me when he hasn't scored a bucket in 20 games it seems. How Copeland and Novak are glued to the bench when the Knicks identity all season long was outshooting and outmaking 3 pointers against opponents is yet another mystery. Carmelo being allowed to get his is understandable but JR Smith massacring the rim and backboard with his bricks? Woody should also be thankful that the Pacers aren't the 9-10 Magic because he's going to his tried and true failing strategy of doubling West and Hibbert whenever they touch the ball leaving shooters open. It's only thanks to the fact the Pacers are a middle of the pack 3point shooting team that these games haven't been bigger blowouts but they've still managed to mysteriously increase their volume against the Knicks.

How Jason Kidd is getting playing time is a mystery to me when he hasn't scored a bucket in 20 games it seems. How Copeland and Novak are glued to the bench when the Knicks identity all season long was outshooting and outmaking 3 pointers against opponents is yet another mystery. Carmelo being allowed to get his is understandable but JR Smith massacring the rim and backboard with his bricks? Woody should also be thankful that the Pacers aren't the 9-10 Magic because he's going to his tried and true failing strategy of doubling West and Hibbert whenever they touch the ball leaving shooters open. It's only thanks to the fact the Pacers are a middle of the pack 3point shooting team that these games haven't been bigger blowouts but they've still managed to mysteriously increase their volume against the Knicks.

Copeland and Novak are changes but some of that is due to Shumpert coming back late in the season. Kenyon is a empty well and this has to be due to Amare playing injured once again.

I know Amare and Shumpert did not start playing until late in the season, but Amare is their 3rd leading scorer per game at 14 a game and Shumpert is only shooting .250 from 3pt range, down from his .402 regular season avg.

With a struggling Amare, I don't think the Knicks have a answer to Indy's front line. The first five games in March before he was injured again, Amare had built his minutes up to almost 28 a game and his scoring was almost 17 a game. I am not making excuses, I just think Indy is the better team. If possible, you can give Martin 60 minutes and he still would not score 17 points. The dude is done.

Poor Woody.

Players are missing wide open shots, or acting like they're playing summer ball on the And 1 tour, and he gets blamed for being a bad coach.

JR Smith = Jamal Crawford

Too much talent to sit on the bench, but as soon as you start trusting them, they'll break your heart and shoot you right out of a game.

I do wonder why Chris Copeland can't get more playing time. Must have something to do with his defense. That dude seem to ball every time he got some significant playing time during the regular season.

Woody should've kept his word, and benched JR, or significantly limited his minutes. Now, it may be too late.

Melo may have to average 35 ppg the rest of the series, for the Knicks to pull it out.

Poor Woody.

Instead of killing Woody I'd rather give Vogel his due since nobody else does. Nobody expected them to be a game away from the Conference Finals, but actually it's been right in front of everyone's face: it's not often,if ever, that the top ranked defense from the regular season doesn't make the Conference Finals. We've had debates about Paul George before, but I don't see why. Kids clearly a player. Melo all but wanted to quit by the fourth quarter with that kid draped over him. And I like Stephenson and the other young, rugged, Tony Allen type of big 2/3s (Harrison Barnes, Jim Butler, and Khawaii Leonard) that focus on dirty work, defending, and rebounding first. I'm of the opinion that Larry Bird is one of the smartest basketball minds of All Time. He's put together a strong clique up there that is much better on the court than they are on paper. Cheap too.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Woody's "The shit works!" mentality is catching up with him again. He's never been a good postseason coach. He allowed all that hero-ball stuff during the regular season, now it's too late in the game to get these guys to play together. The guy has no foresight. A good coach would have been making improvements win or lose.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Woody's "The shit works!" mentality is catching up with him again. He's never been a good postseason coach. He allowed all that hero-ball stuff during the regular season, now it's too late in the game to get these guys to play together. The guy has no foresight. A good coach would have been making improvements win or lose.

Wood's No Goody!

We are seeing in spades all the problems we had with him as our coach: the laughable iso only offense and the complete lack of any in game adjustments to strategy. I am so, so glad he is not our coach any more.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This thread reminded me of this MS Paint masterpiece I made years ago.

Posted Image

Instead of an insatiable hunger for human flesh, Woody can't get enough ISO. No adjustments. No eyebrows.

I honestly think wakes up in bed at night mumbling to himself MOAR ISO and when he realizes he woke himself up he rests that bald head back down and dreams of Carmelo in iso on one side of the court and Joe Johnson in iso on the other. MOAR ISO he mumbles to himself as he goes back to sleep land...

If Indy is anything, they play big. Its exactly why I want a center so bad. Size can off set great players to a certain extent. We can't get CP3 or Howard, lets at least get some size.

Reference the video clip of Stan Van Gundy at the MIT Sloan Sports Conference. He commented on Indiana, Chicago, and Memphis, stating that they are the three teams that do not let people force them to play small, and that is why they win.

Back to the topic at hand, Mike Woodson's biggest problem as a head coach is that he is completely clueless when it comes to focusing on what actually contributes to winning. He's caught in the old school idea that you have to have that "go to guy" on offense that can "create his own shot", when it actuality, you need a group of guys who work well together to create good, efficient shots for one another. The latter is what Mike is completely clueless about.

The difference between Mike and Larry Drew is that Drew knows the iso trick has played out. His problem is that he cannot get the players to buy into the idea behind what he wants to do offensively. I've heard reports that Larry comes across to the players as a coach that is unprepared, and that is probably the disconnect and the reason he can't convince his players that his way is the way to go.