• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody = Undeserved firing!

Diesel

• Premium Member

The difference between Mike and Larry Drew is that Drew knows the iso trick has played out. His problem is that he cannot get the players to buy into the idea behind what he wants to do offensively. I've heard reports that Larry comes across to the players as a coach that is unprepared, and that is probably the disconnect and the reason he can't convince his players that his way is the way to go.

I don't know...He did go Iso-Josh quite a bit

I don't know...He did go Iso-Josh quite a bit

I think that was likely more Josh playing iso and not Drew, but the fact that Drew couldn't convince Josh Smith that being more of a facilitator was the way to go is a black mark on Drew's coaching, IMO.

How Jason Kidd is getting playing time is a mystery to me when he hasn't scored a bucket in 20 games it seems. How Copeland and Novak are glued to the bench when the Knicks identity all season long was outshooting and outmaking 3 pointers against opponents is yet another mystery. Carmelo being allowed to get his is understandable but JR Smith massacring the rim and backboard with his bricks? Woody should also be thankful that the Pacers aren't the 9-10 Magic because he's going to his tried and true failing strategy of doubling West and Hibbert whenever they touch the ball leaving shooters open. It's only thanks to the fact the Pacers are a middle of the pack 3point shooting team that these games haven't been bigger blowouts but they've still managed to mysteriously increase their volume against the Knicks.

My my, for the first time in history Woody actually listened and *gasp* made an adjustment. Gone was Jason Kidd (only 5 minutes instead of his mandatory 20+, still yet to score a point in 9 games) JR was pushed to the bench (4-11 is miles better than 7-22), Prigioni got playing time and a start (second in assists all game in only 18 minutes of play), Copeland got burn! (13 points, 4 rebounds 3-4 from 3) They ran Carmelo off screens rather than straight iso and *triple gasp* they stopped doubling every pass to a post player and played Hibbert and West straight up. FINALLY Woody realized that other shit works too.

Wood's No Goody!

We are seeing in spades all the problems we had with him as our coach: the laughable iso only offense and the complete lack of any in game adjustments to strategy. I am so, so glad he is not our coach any more.

Totally agree with this. Tends to be one dimentional

Good to know that even with melo, chandler, amare, jr, felton and company woody still couldn't get to the ecf. I don't think drew is necessarily the answer for the hawks, but I do think drew managed to go farther with this roster than woody ever could have. I also think a lot of coaches, possibly including drew, could have done more with the Knicks roster than woody did.

First thoughts

Second take

I will say this. What Woody has done with the Knicks this year... with the amount of injuries that they have had is very good work.

Some might say IsoMelo however, those other guys know when to step up.

I think he has a very good mix of player who have maturity.

All signs points to a Woody in Atlanta that had some immature basketball players with low BBIQ.

LD inherited that same team and even though we made some big trades this past offseason, we have the same problems we have always had. Little maturity, no BBIQ.

I just hope that we don't do unto LD as we had done unto Woody without considering what he had to work with.

Diesel still think Woody overachieved as he laid another egg in the playoffs? He didn't have immature bball players on the NY squad did he? Like I said average coach, better defensive assistant. Do you think he is going to live out that 3 year contract he just got? I don't think so, but I'm sure it will be an unjust firing. Don't let regular seasons fool you. Same faults as usual in the playoffs, no adjustments and lack of imagination on offense (pointed out numerous times in the media multiple sources). Refusing to play players that make shots (pointed out numerous times in the media multiple sources) by selling his soul to the superstars that can't. That's what probably got him his 3 yr deal. Letting Melo do whatever he wants and not making waves so Melo would give him an endorsement to come back. We all have seen enough of Woodson to know what he is as a coach (where is that Dennis Green clip). Others that can't see it are just fooling themselves.

Give him some credit, in 8 years as a head coach he won not one but two second round games.

It must be those immature players fault, because it can't be on Woodson's head. He is a coaching genius.