• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jason Collins comes out as gay

HawkItus

I found it pretty intriguing Twin reached out to Drew on the phone. It kinda speaks on how much Drew is a players coach. I'll always remember Twin getting abused by Dwight in the playoffs but being vital for the teams success in that series. It was easy for him to keep quiet so good for him for being himself with the potential backlash coming his way. Can't believe Twin out of all folks has made history.

JaCo was a big reason we won against Orl since we didn't have to double D12 - nobody gave us a shot since the previous year Orlando ram us out the gym.

• Moderators

JaCo owes me at least an ounce of hair ripped out from his regular season play here, at least up until those 2011 playoffs. Tolliver's filled that George Jefferson-making role for me pretty well in JaCo's place.

~lw3

• Moderators

This topic for better or worse makes me hungry for Chickfila. Man that was a master marketing ploy that Cathy guy came up with.

Dumping CFA and Domino's took about 30 pounds and 4 inches off this here waistline! Thank you Dan! :)

~lw3

• Like 1

Rathbun had a pretty nice tweet about it: the "only sadness with the story is that it is a story."

Good for Jason, man. That's gotta be incredibly tough for him even if he is probably on his way out of the league. Hopefully kids see him and feel like they can play sports no matter who they are growing up. Also really nice to see players like Kobe, Nash and even Baron Davis and Faried showing support as they aren't scrubs (to put it bluntly). I got a few friends I played ball with who are gay and wouldn't tell anyone (except me and a couple other buds) out of fear. Hope Collins and co. help erase some of the stigma.

Good for him i guess. I dont want my son watching him tho. I dont want my son to think that lifestyle is normal because it is not normal. I dont care how nice the guys is.

I dont care what he does behind closed doors but keep that lifestyle to yourself. People announcing they gay like its the thing to do. Keep your sexual preference to yourself.

ANother thing i dislike is that if you voice your opinion about it everyone tries to bash you, if you dont agree and say "im so happy that you came out" gimme a break.

This guy is going to be the gay version of Tebow. A media circus everyone he goes. If im a GM im not touching this guy with a 10 foot pole. The locker room will be in shambles, cameras everywhere, media asking players how they feel and all that other stuff.

Edited by tonegully

• Premium Member

its your board - I come here to follow the Hawks - I come here to follow Basketball - its think coming out about your personal sexual preference is personal and doesnt need public validation- again this shouldnt overshadow the Hawks, and it certainly isnt Hawks or basketball related.

I apologize if I have broken an unwritten rule or stepped on admins toes - I think everyone deserves respect and I know from experience in running an unrelated forum you arent going to make everyone happy - but just what comments are correct in this thread? If we disagree with how great or newsworthy it is are we labeled troublemakers and given the boot ? I understand that you have another forum for political threads - but what constitutes if a comment is political and what is just an honest post from members ?

I agree hate filled posts should be deleted, and I personally like Jason Collins as the guy gave the Hawks great effort , but at the end of the day it should be about whats going on the court - take this as what it is , a member with a difference of opinion and not a slam on admin - cause at the end of the day , arent we supposed to be having good somewhat respectful discussion ??

Edited by Dolfan23
COMMENT DELETED - Official warning given

• Premium Member

Jason Collins + man lovin' = 6 pages

Let me do my part to continue this epic thread...lol. I'm sorry ya'll, but can you honestly imagine a single Hawks related thing less interesting than this..........?

Doug Edward's new gardener?

Donny Boyce's shower tile?

Andrew Lang's latest haircut?

• Premium Member

Jason Collins + man lovin' = 6 pages

Let me do my part to continue this epic thread...lol. I'm sorry ya'll, but can you honestly imagine a single Hawks related thing less interesting than this..........?

Doug Edward's new gardener?

Donny Boyce's shower tile?

Andrew Lang's latest haircut?

I think finding out Ed Gray's choice in soda drinks would be a wonderful addition to homecourt.

• Like 1

Leave it to Metta World Peace to have his say:

"Whether it's a free country or not, you should be free to act as you want to do as long as it's not violent. No matter what it is. I came here in a Cookie Monster shirt because I wanted to, and I was going to wear the pants. But I thought you guys were going to judge me. I was going to wear the hat too. But I thought you guys would judge me. I didn't want Mitch [Kupchak] to judge me. So that's why I didn't wear the hats and the pants. But I should've wore it. You should be free to do and act how you want to act."

Wish he had worn the whole Cookie Monster outfit - he his bat shit crazy, but at least he knows it.

Trust me I've pointed this out so has other people. It isn't going to change Dolf runs this site and its not a publicly owned board so he has the right to be as partial or impartial as he wants. He deleted my post that flat out destroyed his insulting comment about hypocrisy over comparing Lorezen Wright being MURDERED over some nonsense over some ex Hawk's sexual choice.

So you aren't alone in wondering why this political topic is being left on the board.

What confuses the heck out of me is why people who obviously don't want to read about this, keep going into the thread. Not only reading it again but keep responding and bumping it up.

I treat threads much the same as a newspaper article. If it does not interest me, I don't keep reading it much less respond to it. Main stream TV news media is all about murder. It grabs the headlines and gets peoples attention. It is also why I do not watch prime time local news very often.

So while you are wondering about this topic being here, ask yourself why do you keep finding yourself going back into it?

• Like 2

• Premium Member

"Soda? What's that? EEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRCRASH!" ;-)

~edgray

Wasn't Ed the guy that literally smoked pot and got too fat for the league? I coulda swore he was the guy Mookie talked about years ago that was on the Hawks that did that.

• Moderators

Wasn't Ed the guy that literally smoked pot and got too fat for the league? I coulda swore he was the guy Mookie talked about years ago that was on the Hawks that did that.

There was just ONE guy? Posted Image

Yeah, that, although the weed wasn't what caused Ed to crash his car (unless it dropped down his pants or something).

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1999/Hawks-Ed-Gray-Arrested-for-DUI/id-624d94898243ee3b7cc7acc124764da5

(EDIT: My bad, Ed! He didn't crash his car. I'm conflating his alcohol DUI with DerMarr probably!)

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

There was just ONE guy? Posted Image

Yeah, that, although the weed wasn't what caused Ed to crash his car (unless it dropped down his pants or something).

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1999/Hawks-Ed-Gray-Arrested-for-DUI/id-624d94898243ee3b7cc7acc124764da5

~lw3

I think we've actually discussed Ed more now than when he was an actual Hawk. I feel kinda proud about that.

And in that story you linked he was caught with weed and an open container on his DUI so I do think he was the one Mookie kinda busted out years ago as a teammate that smoked too much weed and got too fat.

• Like 1