• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jason Collins comes out as gay

HawkItus

its your board - I come here to follow the Hawks - I come here to follow Basketball - its think coming out about your personal sexual preference is personal and doesnt need public validation- again this shouldnt overshadow the Hawks, and it certainly isnt Hawks or basketball related.

I apologize if I have broken an unwritten rule or stepped on admins toes - I think everyone deserves respect and I know from experience in running an unrelated forum you arent going to make everyone happy - but just what comments are correct in this thread? If we disagree with how great or newsworthy it is are we labeled troublemakers and given the boot ? I understand that you have another forum for political threads - but what constitutes if a comment is political and what is just an honest post from members ?

I agree hate filled posts should be deleted, and I personally like Jason Collins as the guy gave the Hawks great effort , but at the end of the day it should be about whats going on the court - take this as what it is , a member with a difference of opinion and not a slam on admin - cause at the end of the day , arent we supposed to be having good somewhat respectful discussion ??

I don't take any offense to your wanting to know what the rules are and didn't take it as a slam against the admin. In 99.9% of cases anything that is not Hawk related doesn't belong here and gets moved to the general NBA board. But the fact is, whether or not any of us agree or disagree, this is a huge event as he's the 1st major US athlete to come out. Heck it just got about an hour of coverage on NBATV and considering that plus he was very recently a Hawk I feel like this deserves some discussion in the main forum. But really this thread should just be about general comments on it and not how we feel politically or religiously about it. Discuss what this means for the NBA, for pro sports, for other athletes, etc. Thanks for being civil in wondering what the rules are about this and please understand that we are trying to adjust on the fly as this is kind of a new thing for us.

• Like 1

I think this topic has run it's course. If you'd like to continue discussing it, please head to the politics and religion forum to discuss it. If you don't have access to that forum, please send me a PM and I will get it taken care of ASAP.

• Like 1