• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What price is too much for Josh?

AHF

What starting salary is too high?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

As I said before, Josh only needs to be retained if we sign Dwight and/or Paul. In the case of just one of them comes, $13 mil is right. In the case both come, $10 mil is right. For the 98% chance that neither of them come, bye bye Josh. Thanks for your time.

I,honestly think he and Howard would be a terrible fit next to,each other.

Agreed - and don't forget about freethrow shooting....yikes.

• Admin

You can have all the talent in the world but it comes down to chemistry .... Lakers proved that this year. Josh and Howard would not be a good mix and the thought of josh playing sf is scary. Howard and Horford on the other sound like a great match...it's all moot anyway as DH is not coming here.

• Like 3

I don't care what players we get, unless we have a strong coach who can control Josh it won't matter. But I'm okay with 12 million a year for Josh if we have that coach. Otherwise there's no amount that I want him back for.

• Like 2

You can have all the talent in the world but it comes down to chemistry .... Lakers proved that this year. Josh and Howard would not be a good mix and the thought of josh playing sf is scary. Howard and Horford on the other sound like a great match...it's all moot anyway as DH is not coming here.

Josh is actually better offensively and defensively and takes fewer long shot's from the SF spot. Hard to believe but the stats show that. We'd have to have a strong coach and a strong PG who would make sure Josh is in the right spot for it to work though.

• Premium Member

Agreed - and don't forget about freethrow shooting....yikes.

They would kill the Spurs. Coach Pop wouldn't know who to hack.

• Like 1

I wasn't in this "camp" before tonight, but I believe . . . he must go.

Just have to break he and Horford up, to see if Horford can really make that leap to the next level as a PF. If we don't get that "guy" in free agency, Al will have to be thrust into the lead, and see if he can elevate his game. Then we need to go out and get at least a serviceable center . . . a guy who is at least better than Zaza.

But it's definitely time to break the Horford - Smith duo up. I'd be highly disappointed if Ferry brought him back.

I'm pulling for Josh to go to LAL. He can re-unite with D12 there and with a decent new coach and a better PG they can light the place up - at least during the regular season. Duncan is getting on in years so D12 and Josh should be able to at least make the WCF's a couple times - with luck they may even get a decent shot at a Championship.

LAL's have big bucks and they should be able to work around the salary cap issues.

If we re-sign Smith, we need to get a coach in here who has absolutely no problem benching Josh when he steps out past 20 ft from the rim. I'm so sick of Josh Smith and his horrible shooting. It's completely unbearable to watch him sit there and act like he is the go to shooter on the team, and just jack up shot attempt after shot attempt only to see each one miss. He needs to understand that he is most valuable to a team where he is down low playing on the boards. And for god sakes, if he fouls someone and cries about it to the point where he gets another freaking Technical foul I will lose my mind lol.

• Like 1

I agree with Dol and Hart in that 10-12 million sounds ideal as it is an amount that is close to his value while not being something you'd cringe at having to bench for indeterminate periods or be unable to move completely for adequate value later. I don't however feel as if a coach would make a difference. Atlanta is Josh's stronghold, all of his enablers are here and he has a high enough comfort level to ignore even Sloan walking through that door so he has to go.

• Premium Member

He has to go. Josh has been my favorite Hawk for years, but we can't keep sitting around saying "IF" this or "IF" that. It's really a shame because you look at him and you think a lightbulb will eventually come on or the right coach will sit him down for a 3 day "low-light" reel of his terrible shot selection...and a highlight reel of the way he should play (on both ends).

But how long are we gonna sing that song?

The time for change was 4 years ago. We need to stop with this nickle and dime shit and just rebuild the team. Or y'know...bring Josh back, get a serviceable big, a floor leader, decent wing...and get slaughtered in the 2nd round. If we make it out of the 1st round that is.......

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I,honestly think he and Howard would be a terrible fit next to,each other.

I disagree. However, I like the fit of Horf and D12 better. Horf is a High post Big Man. D-12 is low post Big. They could be as dominate as Gasol and Zebo.

Smoove doesn't have a goto move. His play would be in the midrange and that hurts. However, his passing to the post would end up with some spectacular finishes.