• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What price is too much for Josh?

AHF

What starting salary is too high?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin

I disagree. However, I like the fit of Horf and D12 better. Horf is a High post Big Man. D-12 is low post Big. They could be as dominate as Gasol and Zebo. Smoove doesn't have a goto move. His play would be in the midrange and that hurts. However, his passing to the post would end up with some spectacular finishes.

Smith in the midrange is a bad idea. He is very effective in the post but he refuses to change and he has proven that. His midrange hurts this team so badly. Yes he is a good passer but there are a lot of quality passers at the sf/pf spot. His effort is not there and it seems like he is losing some athleteism which is one of the main keys to his,game.

I'm fully in the Josh has to go camp. I've talked with some AAU coaches in the Atlanta area and Josh hasn't changed a thing since he played in HS. He was stubborn then and even more so now.A new coach for him here in Atlanta wont change him.It would be awful to pair Josh and Dwight together here as well. I think Dwight might be OK here buy he was also a prima dona in AAU. Give me Paul and Jefferson this off season Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by frosgrim

I probably didn't read the question close enough. I said 13 m was too much, but that's assuming they are going to take him back. That would only make sense if they get the right coach (who may not exist). So really 13 m is probably what he's worth to some other team, at most.

Josh should go. A change of address might help him (though it didn't really help Joe or Marvin.)

Edited by Randy

Smith in the midrange is a bad idea. He is very effective in the post but he refuses to change and he has proven that. His midrange hurts this team so badly. Yes he is a good passer but there are a lot of quality passers at the sf/pf spot. His effort is not there and it seems like he is losing some athleteism which is one of the main keys to his,game.

A big part of Josh's passing is out of the LOW post to open shooters. A big reason why he's able to hit Al a lot out of the high post is because teams have to respect Al stepping out and popping so this allows him to slip picks and cut backdoor. Dwight doesn't have a consistent shot and predominantly occupies the paint so I don't see that play being as successful because defenders would have no option but to sag the paint to prevent a dunk and just take their chances on Josh taking a shot or driving in a stacked paint.

• Moderators

Personally, I waffled between gone and OKing anything less than $10M/year. I figure at something like 4 years and $36M that Josh is very tradeable but if someone would trade for him, why wouldn't they just sign him for a bit more? I think it is the end of an era. Josh will be a big "what could have been" player for me. Super athlete. Absolutely loves the Hawks and Atlanta. Some real plus basketball instincts (shot blocking, passing, etc.). What could he have been had he played to his strengths instead of emphasizing his weaknesses?