• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Microsoft Announces Xbox One

PSSSHHHRRR87

I think you'll be impressed especially if you have a high end graphics card. I have a Radeon 7000 series w/ 1 GB, DDR5. Amazing how good the graphics are compared to the almighty console video cards especially games like AC2 and Prototype.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a high end graphics card in my home PCs, actually I'm not even sure what I have in it. If this works out then I'll have to invest in something better. Downside is that a good one can run you as much or more than a console itself.

• Moderators

I don't have a high end graphics card in my home PCs, actually I'm not even sure what I have in it. If this works out then I'll have to invest in something better. Downside is that a good one can run you as much or more than a console itself.

Mine was a $100 and does the job. Without it, games were sluggish and running up the temp on my CPU, so I had to get one. I have the video integrated i3 CPU.

The one I have:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125417

But you should be able to get away with any $50-60 vid card. Just watch the number Stream Processors. More the better.

• Like 1

Mine was a $100 and does the job. Without it, games were sluggish and running up the temp on my CPU, so I had to get one. I have the video integrated i3 CPU.

The one I have:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125417

But you should be able to get away with any $50-60 vid card. Just watch the number Stream Processors. More the better.

That's really cheap compared to what I have in my workhorse tower at work that I do my graphics work on. I need to check and see what I have in my home desktop the next time I'm on it. I pretty much use my MacBook at home since it's so powerful and portable and I look cool using it.

I'm astonished at how these console companies are trying to stick it to consumers. It was frustrating enough knowing you need a code to play ea sports games online. Now, they are trying to take out used gaming and makeing people connect to the internet once a day to play. What if I don't have internet at the house ? I can't play a game I've paid $60 or $70 for ? I hope this system flops and that Sony is able to create a much more user friendly alternative.

• Moderators

I'm astonished at how these console companies are trying to stick it to consumers. It was frustrating enough knowing you need a code to play ea sports games online. Now, they are trying to take out used gaming and makeing people connect to the internet once a day to play. What if I don't have internet at the house ? I can't play a game I've paid $60 or $70 for ? I hope this system flops and that Sony is able to create a much more user friendly alternative.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Buying games at Game Stop and off of eBay is dead. I think this system flops hard. I only bought one game new for the 360 and I don't ever plan on buying another one. I mean part of the fun of owning games is taking them to a friends house and playing them over there. Now they're going to charge you for that? Bullshit.

Another thing, why does Microsoft feel it's necessary to push the Kinect onto its consumers? What if I'm not interested in the gimmicky voice commands and motion gestures in game and the dashboard? I just don't have say in whether or not I want the damn thing? Absolutely ridiculous.

On another note, watching this train wreck has actually been pretty amusing.

Step 1. Alienate your fan baseStep 2. ????Step 3. Profit

• Moderators

That's really cheap compared to what I have in my workhorse tower at work that I do my graphics work on. I need to check and see what I have in my home desktop the next time I'm on it. I pretty much use my MacBook at home since it's so powerful and portable and I look cool using it.

Did you ever get your receiver up and running?

Welp I decided to go ahead and do this so I bought a mostly barebones Dell T7400 Workstation, which is only slightly older than the T7500 that I use at work. All I gotta do now is buy a video card, RAM and slap in a couple of hard drives and I'll be good to go sometime next week.

You guys that know about gaming PC's, is this adequate for a graphics card for playing games like 2K and Madden?

http://www.amazon.com/Inno3D-Geforce-graphics-express-windows/dp/B006OS8UM2/ref=sr_1_19?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1371137203&sr=1-19&keywords=pci+x16

I ordered 16 GB of RAM and a pair of 2 TB Seagate Barracuda hard drives to put in there. I would think that would be adequate for these purposes. But I want to get some advice on the graphics card. If that's not adqueate, please let me know what I would need and keep in mind it has to be PCIE x16 to go in this machine.

According to what NewEgg sells I think these are the only 2 choices (PCIE x16 2.0) I'd have if I want something close to or more than 512.

This one has 1536 stream processors and is $230

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202035

This one has 480 stream processors and is $90

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102950&IsVirtualParent=1

There is nothing in between LOL. Can I get away with the 480 and be okay or should I spend the extra $140 and get that much better card?

Here's the comparison page: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%20600007855&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&CompareItemList=48%7C14-202-035%5E14-202-035-TS%2C14-102-950%5E14-102-950-TS&percm=14-202-035%3A%24%24%24%24%24%24%24%3B14-102-950%3A%24%24%24%24%24%24%24

• Moderators

192+ should work for high-def games no prob. The stream processors are what makes the graphics look crisp and clean. They deal with the floating point math. Mine has 512 stream processors and stream processors is the ATI version of NVIDIA's cuda cores. Not really a conversion to compare them with, but it's still more the merrier.

If you have time and it isn't too far out of the way, go to your Micro Center in Houston. It says its on the West Loop. They'll be able to help find what you need. I built my entire computer using help from them and I couldn't be happier with what I have. Just know what card slot you have (which you said PCIe 2.0) and your budget. They are friendly there, but they do work for commission.

http://microcenter.com/site/stores/houston.aspx

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

Oh yeah I've been to MicroCenter lots of times but don't go anymore since its in the Galleria area and traffic sucks there. Plus I've found that the sales people aren't all that knowledgable. I prefer buying stuff online and having it shipped to me and using the reviews from customers to help my decision. I'm seriously thinking about going with that badass GeForce one from NewEgg as I want Madden 25 to look ridiculous on my TV.

• Moderators

Oh yeah I've been to MicroCenter lots of times but don't go anymore since its in the Galleria area and traffic sucks there. Plus I've found that the sales people aren't all that knowledgable. I prefer buying stuff online and having it shipped to me and using the reviews from customers to help my decision.I'm seriously thinking about going with that badass GeForce one from NewEgg as I want Madden 25 to look ridiculous on my TV.

That GeForce one does look sweet! When buying vid cards, you definitely get what you pay for. I have my vid card maxed out on games like 2k13 and Assassin's Creed and the graphics are very comparable to console. It's awesome that Madden 25 will be on PC. Can't wait to preview that one... lol