• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Microsoft Announces Xbox One

PSSSHHHRRR87

The XB1 was originally going to require a 24 hour check-in to verify game licenses. Every game was automatically installed to the hard drive and never needed the disc to be inserted again. YOu could digitally share your games with friends and they would always be available to you in the cloud. Today, due to the mindless mob, microsoft announced that they're dropping the 24 hour check-in, but they're also dropping the mandatory installs and the ability to digitally share your games with friends. You can still purchase games online and get some of those features, but disc based games work like they always have, ie. they have not evolved at all. FWIW, you were always able to buy and sell games, but there was a license transfer process. Now it's back like it always has been, no evolution there.

I think the cloud thing was a bit skewed anyway. You could share the games with friends however no two people could be playing it at the same time. You couldn't by COD and then loan it to me and both of us be playing COD at the same time.

• Moderators

The XB1 was originally going to require a 24 hour check-in to verify game licenses. Every game was automatically installed to the hard drive and never needed the disc to be inserted again. YOu could digitally share your games with friends and they would always be available to you in the cloud.

Today, due to the mindless mob, microsoft announced that they're dropping the 24 hour check-in, but they're also dropping the mandatory installs and the ability to digitally share your games with friends. You can still purchase games online and get some of those features, but disc based games work like they always have, ie. they have not evolved at all.

FWIW, you were always able to buy and sell games, but there was a license transfer process. Now it's back like it always has been, no evolution there.

Wow. That is a huge reversal for them. If I recall the hourly check-ins were when using your game on someone else's machine but that is probably gone as well if the game sharing is gone.

I guess no more "we have a product that allows you to play offline...we call it the XBox360" sorts of middle finger statements to the customer base.

The XB1 was originally going to require a 24 hour check-in to verify game licenses. Every game was automatically installed to the hard drive and never needed the disc to be inserted again. YOu could digitally share your games with friends and they would always be available to you in the cloud.

Today, due to the mindless mob, microsoft announced that they're dropping the 24 hour check-in, but they're also dropping the mandatory installs and the ability to digitally share your games with friends. You can still purchase games online and get some of those features, but disc based games work like they always have, ie. they have not evolved at all.

FWIW, you were always able to buy and sell games, but there was a license transfer process. Now it's back like it always has been, no evolution there.

I hate mob mentality. MS was trying some new stuff and the idiots abroad win. And most of them probably weren't going to get a XB1 at any rate and still won't.

I hate mob mentality. MS was trying some new stuff and the idiots abroad win. And most of them probably weren't going to get a XB1 at any rate and still won't.

Mob mentality? Microsoft was trying to do a lot of things that most consumers did not like. They gave us the middle finger until they started to see Sony gain a serious edge. So what people are supposed to shell out $500 for a product that not only was focused so much on other stuff they dropped the ball on the most important part (gaming), but then told upset consumer to piss off basically. Now that they have given in, just what exactly are you losing ?

Mob mentality? Microsoft was trying to do a lot of things that most consumers did not like. They gave us the middle finger until they started to see Sony gain a serious edge. So what people are supposed to shell out $500 for a product that not only was focused so much on other stuff they dropped the ball on the most important part (gaming), but then told upset consumer to piss off basically. Now that they have given in, just what exactly are you losing ?

Wasn't Microsoft going with the Apple mentality (take it or leave it we could give an F) on this until they decided to cave in? And I guess the bigger question is that is this a bad thing that they caved in? Is there anything people were excited about that is not going to happen now?

Oh boo freaking ho! Just wait till it comes up and you can finish the real housewives of Atlanta. What a titty baby!

Well in light of their recent blunders I would hope that they do their best not to further alienate their current base by ruining their season finales! I practically ripped my cable wires from the wall to figure out what the hell happened before I consulted the internets to find out I wasn't alone in my misery mystery.

• Like 1

Wasn't Microsoft going with the Apple mentality (take it or leave it we could give an F) on this until they decided to cave in? And I guess the bigger question is that is this a bad thing that they caved in? Is there anything people were excited about that is not going to happen now?

This. I might actually get the Xbox 1 now. I just hope I don't buy it and they start changing things. I really liked the first Xbox. I picked the Ps3 over the 360 only for the blu ray player. Microsoft could get an old customer back if they don't drop the ball again.

SmoveZilla, thanks for posting the comparisons. The hardware piece is really shocking. Others with more knowledge on these hardware specks, is the difference in some of these specs going to show up in gameplay and/or appearance (e.g. is the PS4 going to be faster and have better graphical experience)?

SmoveZilla, thanks for posting the comparisons. The hardware piece is really shocking. Others with more knowledge on these hardware specks, is the difference in some of these specs going to show up in gameplay and/or appearance (e.g. is the PS4 going to be faster and have better graphical experience)?

That's what it sounds like to me. It sounds like the PS4 is a better overall deal, but honestly the only reason I've ever wanted a PS3/4 is because of MLB The Show as Xbox has shitty baseball on it. Still hasn't been enough to get me to switch though.

BTW, neither of these consoles even come close in Theoretical TeraFlops when compared to the flopping of Vlade Divac!

Yes and no.The PS4's GPU is definitely faster and more powerful than the One's, but the only games in which you'll see it in full power are PS4 exclusives. Multiplatform games will be just about the same, since it's easier for devs to downscale and release the same product on both consoles.I wouldn't be discouraged though, PlayStation exclusives aren't the same pile of crap they once were. I'd actually argue that PlayStation has the better exclusives now. I just got done with The Last of Us and it's easily the best game of this console generation.