• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Winter is Coming - Game of Thrones season finale tonight

Admin

I didn't even think about that. Disregard.

I'm sure the books are amazing and much better than the show even, I just don't wanna ruin the show now after 4 seasons since I look forward to it so much. Right now I still have no idea what's coming, other than winter.

I'm sure the books are amazing and much better than the show even, I just don't wanna ruin the show now after 4 seasons since I look forward to it so much. Right now I still have no idea what's coming, other than winter.

I can totally understand that. I read all of the books between the season 3 and 4 gap and loved every minute of it. It's kind of added an extra dynamic to the show-watching experience. Slight looks between characters that I otherwise would have missed are there in broad daylight. Tons of foreshadowing that I can now make sense of. Pretty cool how they give those little tidbits to the booker readers.

• Like 2

I can totally understand that. I read all of the books between the season 3 and 4 gap and loved every minute of it. It's kind of added an extra dynamic to the show-watching experience. Slight looks between characters that I otherwise would have missed are there in broad daylight. Tons of foreshadowing that I can now make sense of. Pretty cool how they give those little tidbits to the booker readers.

Hmmm... I might have to reconsider.

• Like 1

@ATLJA316 Interesting - so which books have the 4 seasons covered so far. I guess I can read the 1st book to catch up?

I have the books but refuse to read them which is not typically my style, but the anticipation of what's to come is too great.

The books are so much better. It fills in where the show can't/won't. It nothing else read up to Murder of Crows. These really are some well written books. Read!

Edited by HawkItus
  • Like 1

@ATLJA316 Interesting - so which books have the 4 seasons covered so far. I guess I can read the 1st book to catch up?

It's hard to keep up with exactly what has and hasn't been covered, but I want to say season 3 was borrowing from books 4 and 5. season 4 continued to do the same. There are a few story lines in the show that aren't in sync w/ how things play out in the books - but they are unrelated, so it doesn't cause any kind of issues.

When you read the first book, you'll find that it's like re-living season 1, book 2, so on, so forth. Can't quite remember where things started getting out of sync.

Me too! On the plus side thankfully tonight starts the end of True Blood, which has gotten so bad I have little interest in watching other than to see how it ends.

Yeah, last night was terrible. You know its bad when they resort to everyone getting naked again lol

Yeah, last night was terrible. You know its bad when they resort to everyone getting naked again lol

What's wrong with that? Honestly that's the only thing worth watching on the show anymore. What's really throwing me off is this new vampire dude that's with the ginger chick plays a werewolf on The Originals and he looks, dresses, sounds, acts exactly the same way in both shows.

• Like 1

What's wrong with that? Honestly that's the only thing worth watching on the show anymore. What's really throwing me off is this new vampire dude that's with the ginger chick plays a werewolf on The Originals and he looks, dresses, sounds, acts exactly the same way in both shows.

Not complaining just saying show usually do that when they have nothing else going on.

• Admin

actually the books help the show. They really don't deviate that much. However, the characters and storylines are more clear since I started reading them. I am about to finish the 5th book. Edited by capstone21