• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

• Moderators

Just logged on and saw my entire team strategy has been ruined as I planned it all around LBJ falling to me!

On the timing question, I thought it fair that people have at least 1 week day's notice before they were on the clock but I am hoping people will make their picks so that we are already off and running by the time Tuesday morning comes.

• Like 3

If you guys will notice I've added an RSS ticker for the draft this year, just below the regular news ticker up top. It's pulling posts from a fantasy leagues sub-forum where I'm copying the draft choices to.

You can also use the following RSS Feed link in case you have a regular RSS feed reader that you prefer. This is updated every 15 minutes or so, which will keep it mostly up to date.

http://hawksquawk.net/community/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=rss&type=forums&id=4

Let me know if you have any trouble with this. It may not be the most elegant thing in the world but it should make the process a little more interesting to look at.

Edit - hang on I'm working on this, it's gone a bit haywire

Edit 2 - alright got it working with a new style that looks better and is easier to control

• Like 3

If you guys will notice I've added an RSS ticker for the draft this year, just below the regular news ticker up top. It's pulling posts from a fantasy leagues sub-forum where I'm copying the draft choices to.

You can also use the following RSS Feed link in case you have a regular RSS feed reader that you prefer. This is updated every 15 minutes or so, which will keep it mostly up to date.

http://hawksquawk.net/community/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=rss&type=forums&id=4

Let me know if you have any trouble with this. It may not be the most elegant thing in the world but it should make the process a little more interesting to look at.

Edit 2 - alright got it working with a new style that looks better and is easier to control

Just saw that ticker. That's cool as hell.

• Like 2

Just saw that ticker. That's cool as hell.

Thank you sir. The cool thing about it is that if you use an RSS reader like with Google or Outlook or even on your phone you can have it automatically updated every 30 minutes so you'll know exactly who is picked and when.

KEVIN DURANTThe man is the best scorer in the game in my opinion and this year stepped up his overall game with the absence of James harden. Became more of a distributor and leader. He's only 24 years old which is stupid, and gives me great play for years to come.

That's not a bad plan! I'm pretty sure that coach is firmly in cahoots with AHF though as he got a great spot in the draft order again this year so it will be difficult to duplicate his team but good luck!

I pay AHF off with pics of Ashley Judd so I'm guaranteed either the last pick, or next to last pick, in the draft each year.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

KB21 selects Chris Paul.

He's the best point guard in the game by far, and one of the best of all time. I consider the point guard position in the NBA to be the equivalent of the quarterback position in the NFL. It's hard to win games without a dominant player at this position.

Buzzard has been PM'd.

Edited by KB21

Man you guys sure are skimping on talking about your selections! Surprising pick there Buzzard, very surprising.

I said my strategy was going to turn some heads. I don't think there is a lot to say when it comes to the early picks. Everyone knows the why, explaining the later picks is a little harder.

I said my strategy was going to turn some heads. I don't think there is a lot to say when it comes to the early picks. Everyone knows the why, explaining the later picks is a little harder.

I'm sure that Lethal will represent the draft well at least!

And yes you did turn some heads I'm sure.

I'm sure that Lethal will represent the draft well at least!

And yes you did turn some heads I'm sure.

Anyone who thought they were going the steal the DPOY in the late 1st, or 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds is rewriting their draft boards and strategy.

Best new feature to hawksquawk!!!! Biggup Dolfan. Now if you can make me a gif of Vick on a Mexican beach being handed a coolada as he winks at the screen........

Best new feature to hawksquawk!!!! Biggup Dolfan. Now if you can make me a gif of Vick on a Mexican beach being handed a coolada as he winks at the screen........

Haha thanks man! And I dunno about that gif but maybe pssshhshshshshshs181874187 can make it?

BTW I've updated the RSS link as the Yahoo Pipes one was acting screwy.

• Premium Member

With the 5th pick of the draft, the Atlanta Ganstaslappas Select: Stephen Curry

Somebody said that CP3 was the best PG in the game. Well, that might be true, but my first pick Curry gives our team the best offensive threat on the board. Of course the thing to like about Curry is the fact that you have to respect his outside shot. He past playoffs showed that he is a wizard. When you look at the golden state team, you will notice that he's not playing along side some nba future hall of famer.. However, his one man show bested the likes of George Karl Denver squad that had very good players. After that series, he gave San Antonio all that they can handle with the likes of Draymond Green and Carl Landry by his side. He knows how to create space for his scoring. He also knows how to get the ball to a player in scoring position.

AtlHawks3 has been PM'd

Edited by Diesel
  • Like 1