• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'll cry tears of joy if we land Oladipo or Burke

NBASupes

I still don't understand all the Burke love, but I'd LOVE to see the Hawks get Oladipo.

That said, I'm not sure how Ferry pulls that off, because I don't think Oladipo gets past the Magic at #2.

I still don't understand all the Burke love, but I'd LOVE to see the Hawks get Oladipo.

That said, I'm not sure how Ferry pulls that off, because I don't think Oladipo gets past the Magic at #2.

SG Ben McLemore is how he gets past the Magic and you also have Otto Porter at the same position. There is nothing clear cut about this years top five picks.

• Like 1

I maybe a little biased being a Michigan grad and consistent watcher of Big Ten Basketball...but Let me say that Oladipo is probably my favorite player in this draft mainly because of his defensive passion and athletic ability. However, his offensive game is not as evolve as Dwayne Wade was when he was at Marquette.....Trey Burke is not an explosive or supremely athletic like a Derrick Rose or Russell Westbrook, but he is a good shooter, great floor leader and excels at the pick & roll. I would be excited to have either player, but Ferry/Bud may go after Shabazz as his stock as plummeted so much that he may have that extra motivation....I'm not a fan of Shabazz but he does have some similarities ton the Spurs kwali Leonard...I hope we trade up...

SG Ben McLemore is how he gets past the Magic and you also have Otto Porter at the same position. There is nothing clear cut about this years top five picks.

All the recent reports I've read of McLemore aren't exactly good... He's apparently out of shape and had bad workouts for both the Magic and Suns.

Porter is a SF and the Magic are already set there with young talent in Tobias Harris and Mo Harkless.

Agreed AHF. Oladipo is a Wade clone to me. He will be a star. I think Burke will be awesome also but of the two, Burke has more potential to be a bust. I doubt he will be a bust tho ....If we trade for #2 pick I want Oladipo If we trade for #7 I want Burke If we trade for #5 ...I'm confused as hell lol

Wade was 10x the player at Marquette. He was an aggressive scorer and bonafide #1 option with serious offensive aggression.I also do the Wade comparison but only from a physical stand point. If I could choose I would take Otto Porter over him. He is simply a more complete player. Edited by coachx

I maybe a little biased being a Michigan grad and consistent watcher of Big Ten Basketball...but Let me say that Oladipo is probably my favorite player in this draft mainly because of his defensive passion and athletic ability. However, his offensive game is not as evolve as Dwayne Wade was when he was at Marquette.....Trey Burke is not an explosive or supremely athletic like a Derrick Rose or Russell Westbrook, but he is a good shooter, great floor leader and excels at the pick & roll.I would be excited to have either player, but Ferry/Bud may go after Shabazz as his stock as plummeted so much that he may have that extra motivation....I'm not a fan of Shabazz but he does have some similarities ton the Spurs kwali Leonard...I hope we trade up...

Nice to see that you can be unbiased about Michigan players. I'm not a big fan of Burke and feel like he's very overrated. I think Oladipo is going to be a much better player, and honestly I think that Hardaway, Jr is going to be the best of the Michigan rookies.

Wade was 10x the player at Marquette. He was an aggressive scorer and bonafide #1 option with serious offensive aggression.I also do the Wade comparison but only from a physical stand point.If I could choose I would take Otto Porter over him. He is simply a more complete player.

Agreed, I see Porter as the closest thing to a lead dog among the wings in this years draft. Oladipo is going to be a more efficient scorer, but he's got a Deng type of mentality where he will just fit into a team and not be the leader of it or the go to guy. Both are going to be very good players though.

• Like 1

No one in this draft is going to have a career comparable to Dwyane Wade - not even close. Look to next year's draft for that kind of talent.

Not that I buy into the comparisons that NBADraft.net make but they've got Oladipo going 2nd overall and compare him to Tony Allen. That should tell us all a lot about the top of this draft!

Guest Walter

No and no to either player. Give me McLemore.

Yes. That would be my preference. I wouldnt mind Dipo but scared of Burke. However i dont see how we trade up that much even in this draft without including JT with a pick. In which case I would expect Burke. Not a fan. Could be wrong but not a fan.Frankly, if not for mclemore I'd rather trade 17/18/2nd with the thunder for 12/29/32, pick from the bottom of the top tier (Zeller, adams, mcw, shabazz in that order at 12), exchanging firsts with Utah and doing much the same IF Any of those 4 are on the board, or just stand pat (as draft express has us getting both karasev and giannis at 17/18).What does this rumor mean for Teague?http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2013/6/24/4460416/atlanta-hawks-nba-draft-trade-shabazz-muhammad-jamaal-franklinW

Yes. That would be my preference. I wouldnt mind Dipo but scared of Burke. However i dont see how we trade up that much even in this draft without including JT with a pick. In which case I would expect Burke. Not a fan. Could be wrong but not a fan.Frankly, if not for mclemore I'd rather trade 17/18/2nd with the thunder for 12/29/32, pick from the bottom of the top tier (Zeller, adams, mcw, shabazz in that order at 12), exchanging firsts with Utah and doing much the same IF Any of those 4 are on the board, or just stand pat (as draft express has us getting both karasev and giannis at 17/18).What does this rumor mean for Teague?http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2013/6/24/4460416/atlanta-hawks-nba-draft-trade-shabazz-muhammad-jamaal-franklinW

We can't use any of our free agents in a trade for draft picks this year so Teague or Smoove will not be part of moving up.
  • Like 1

Wade was 10x the player at Marquette. He was an aggressive scorer and bonafide #1 option with serious offensive aggression.I also do the Wade comparison but only from a physical stand point.If I could choose I would take Otto Porter over him. He is simply a more complete player.

Porter still makes more sense. I really don't think that the hawks go with a SG through the draft.

Porter still makes more sense. I really don't think that the hawks go with a SG through the draft.

Agreed! Porter is going to be very good at the next level. Maybe never an All-Star but he will be better than Marvin ever was.
  • Like 1

Agreed! Porter is going to be very good at the next level. Maybe never an All-Star but he will be better than Marvin ever was.

I like Porter a lot more than others. I watched him at G'Town live. I think his potential is closer to Paul George than Tayshaun Prince.

I like Porter a lot more than others. I watched him at G'Town live. I think his potential is closer to Paul George than Tayshaun Prince.

In his own words he sees himself as Prince and not a lead dog like George. He could be wrong but I don't know.

In his own words he sees himself as Prince and not a lead dog like George. He could be wrong but I don't know.

Jordan Crawford said he can be better than MJ. We sometimes can underrate or overrate ourselves. I do not think PG is a lead dog either, I just think he's extremely talented and he a lot of tools to work with. I see the same in Porter. I like Porter's BBIQ.

• Like 1