I'll cry tears of joy if we land Oladipo or Burke

NBASupes

Are you guys all fans of Porter? Does anyone here not like his game and think he might be overrated?

I'm not the biggest fan. I see him being a good player but not great. He's got talent, will be good defensively, could be a good facilitator, but a lead dog he is not IMO. I doubt he'll be more than a 3rd scoring option unless he develops his already decent post game into a potent one.

I'm not the biggest fan. I see him being a good player but not great. He's got talent, will be good defensively, could be a good facilitator, but a lead dog he is not IMO. I doubt he'll be more than a 3rd scoring option unless he develops his already decent post game into a potent one.

He's got enough skill to be a good 2nd scorer and sometimes be the lead dog on a decent team but he's not a guy that a championship team could lean on offensively. The question will be whether he decides to be passive and fit in like the guy he patterns his game after Tayshaun or if he plays up to his potential offensively and uses that ability to be a scorer like he can be.

He's got enough skill to be a good 2nd scorer and sometimes be the lead dog on a decent team but he's not a guy that a championship team could lean on offensively. The question will be whether he decides to be passive and fit in like the guy he patterns his game after Tayshaun or if he plays up to his potential offensively and uses that ability to be a scorer like he can be.

I think he can be, I guess I just don't have him as my #1 draft choice just yet. He's #3 or so. Maybe I can be swayed. Between his wonky jumpshot and lack of explosiveness I'm weary but his BBIQ is phenomenal.

I'd probably take Len and Noel over him because if either pan out they could be very good players. But Porter would be my next choice. After him I know I'm alone here but if go with MCW and he wouldn't be far behind those guys in my rating.

Someone has to go number 1 in every draft. I would love Alex Len if we were to get our paws on him, but that isn't happening. Porter is a solid player as well, though I haven't seen much on him. I don't understand all the love for Noel though. Sure he has a great defensive ability, but he has zero range on his shot and he weighs like 50 pounds.

Haha I'm sure you'd love if drafted Alex, Alex.Oh and Noel is only 15 lbs lighter than Larry Sanders coming into the league. Yeah he's skinny but if he can put on 20 lbs he will be a great defensive anchor.

Not to mention, he's much younger as well. He can easily get to 240 by the time he's 21.

Not to mention, he's much younger as well. He can easily get to 240 by the time he's 21.

I highly doubt that he's going to add 35 lbs to his frame in 2 years and I doubt he'll even add that much in his entire career. I think that it's going to take a while for him to even put on the 15 lbs to get up to Larry Sanders weight coming into the league since he's so thin and has such a low body fat percentage at 4.2 %.

I highly doubt that he's going to add 35 lbs to his frame in 2 years and I doubt he'll even add that much in his entire career. I think that it's going to take a while for him to even put on the 15 lbs to get up to Larry Sanders weight coming into the league since he's so thin and has such a low body fat percentage at 4.2 %.

Dwight gained 50 pounds from 17 to 21. I am sure Noel can gain a lot of weight. He has a frame that can hold weight.

Dwight gained 50 pounds from 17 to 21. I am sure Noel can gain a lot of weight. He has a frame that can hold weight.

They don't have even remotely similar frames. Noel has a frame like Anthony Davis / Tyrus Thimas / etc types of lanky shot blockers. He's nothing at all like Dwight in build. And during that time I'm sure if Dwight grew several inches taller if he actually put in that much weight. Do you have a link to that?

Dwight was 6'10" 240 lbs at 18 years old. You telling me he's 290 now instead of the 240 he's listed at?

Dwight was 225 at 17. I have AJC article in Atlanta that has that info and I remember asking him that back then when we played AAU ball.

Dwight is 265-270 not 240.

Edited by Leadership

Dwight was 225 at 17. I have AJC article in Atlanta that has that info and I remember asking him that back then when we played AAU ball.

Dwight is 265-270 not 240.

ESPN has him at 265 so we'll go with that for now. That means that since 2004 he's gone from 240 to 265 lbs, a net gain of 25 lbs in 9 years. But you think that somehow from 17-18 he put on 15 lbs in 1 year? See the problem here?

ESPN has him at 265 so we'll go with that for now. That means that since 2004 he's gone from 240 to 265 lbs, a net gain of 25 lbs in 9 years. But you think that somehow from 17-18 he put on 15 lbs in 1 year? See the problem here?

He never lift before that. Noel just started lifted this year.

Noel will break if he adds that kind of weight...break I tell you.

He never lift before that. Noel just started lifted this year.

Posted Image

Yeah, this guy never lift a single weight - he was sculpted by Zeus!

Posted Image

Stop man, just stop. Please. That's hilarious that Dwight never lifted before he was 18 and somehow had those big arms and muscular body.

I wasn't talking about his rookie year. I was talking about before his SR year of HS.