• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks may look to make a splash on draft night by trading up or for veteran player

Admin

Teague being sign and traded to a team that already has Kemba, Sessions and Gordon for last year's #2 pick.Magically trading nobody for Burke.Sending Josh to Boston for a player making only 2.5 million.Automatically being guaranteed Wiggins.Pretty much the whole thingI'll concede the Teague thing although Charlotte is rumored to have MKG on the market and we are one of,the teams looking at him.We trade 17,18 and 47 to move up for Burke.Where did I say it automatically guarantees Wiggins?And I said Josh for Bradley and fillers.

It's a false rumor

[quote name="coachx" post="626907" timestamp="

Cousins is also intriguing.

Cousins has a lot of talent, but he is a little immature and may be more of a headache than he is worth sometimes. But talent-wise he is excellent.

My dream scenario would be Larry Sanders from Milwaukee. I would be ecstatic if they landed Sanders. A big shot-blocking monster who can rebound. I can't think if a more perfect description for what the Hawks need up front.

I was hoping he would come in that rumored Bucks trade that went for nought.

• Like 1

I suppose your right but I'd hate to go ahead and throw in the towel two weeks before free agency starts after waiting all year. I think Horford/Granger would mesh well but they would still need a center. Maybe we do to Minne what Houston did to Chicago over Asik and steal Peks away. Peks/Horford/Granger wouldn't be bad or maybe we call up Sactown about Cousins. Cousins is cheap and is worth the firsts to me. IDK...

We'd still have a max slot though so a free agent C is still in the mix.

What about Love ? He does not want to be around a rebuilding franchise anymore. If they trade Pekovic for picks Love may opt out after next season and leave them high and dry.Cousins is also intriguing.

Cousins has a lot of talent, but he is a little immature and may be more of a headache than he is worth sometimes. But talent-wise he is excellent.My dream scenario would be Larry Sanders from Milwaukee. I would be ecstatic if they landed Sanders. A big shot-blocking monster who can rebound. I can't think if a more perfect description for what the Hawks need up front.I was hoping he would come in that rumored Bucks trade that went for nought.

Teague being sign and traded to a team that already has Kemba, Sessions and Gordon for last year's #2 pick.Magically trading nobody for Burke.Sending Josh to Boston for a player making only 2.5 million.Automatically being guaranteed Wiggins.Pretty much the whole thingI'll concede the Teague thing although Charlotte is rumored to have MKG on the market and we are one of,the teams looking at him.We trade 17,18 and 47 to move up for Burke.Where did I say it automatically guarantees Wiggins?And I said Josh for Bradley and fillers.

Well, false rumor.

I don't think that package gets you in the top 5-10.

You said "hope" but did include him in your lineup.

The only fillers on Boston to make a trade like that legal are Bass, Lee and Terry maybe Green. Yuck saddling ourselves with those contracts just for Bradley.

Indy is rumored to be trying to move 23. I wonder if that is because they are looking at adding one or two more picks?

I hate that I always focus on the worst aspects of a player, but how much prime play does Granger have left in him? Isn't he in his 30's?

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 4

I hate that I always focus on the worst aspects of a player, but how much prime play does Granger have left in him? Isn't he in his 30's?

yea 30 with knee problems. If we wanted him so bad we could just go after him next offseason. Giving up assets for him on a 1 year deal does nothing for us.

• Like 1

Cousins has a lot of talent, but he is a little immature and may be more of a headache than he is worth sometimes. But talent-wise he is excellent.My dream scenario would be Larry Sanders from Milwaukee. I would be ecstatic if they landed Sanders. A big shot-blocking monster who can rebound. I can't think if a more perfect description for what the Hawks need up front.I was hoping he would come in that rumored Bucks trade that went for nought.

I would be excited about Larry Sanders.

• Like 1

I am with you and he 30. My fan side wants a SF on this team so bad. But on 2nd thought: ignoring his injury, age, and contract is not easily done.

Very I terrestrial g idea

Could it be Luol Deng or Lamarcus Aldridge by any chance. I know Aldridge a pf but him and Horford would be sick. Deng is fundamental but not sure if I'd totally happy to get Deng. Lamarcus, Cousins, Rondo I'd be pretty happy.

I was thinking LA too, but that keeps Al at C and I doubt we plan to go that route. LA can play some C too but we'd have to sign a guy like Dally to play a lot of minutes with those guys to protect them. I'd like Deng a lot but he's not in the same class of player as LA is IMO.

Agreed...lamarcus is top tier guy. Deng second tier. Oh man though, if we got Lamarcus would that entice cp3 to come here with no Dwight. HorfordLamarcusCp3Nice start. I know I'm dreamin but its the time for it. Lol

Agreed...lamarcus is top tier guy. Deng second tier. Oh man though, if we got Lamarcus would that entice cp3 to come here with no Dwight. HorfordLamarcusCp3Nice start. I know I'm dreamin but its the time for it. Lol

We might as well stop dreaming about CP3. Dwight is probably not coming either but it's still possible. I guess CP3 is too but I see the writing on the wall with this Orlando deal being pieces to send to Boston along with Jordan for Pierce and KG going to LAC after getting bought out. No way CP3 walks away from that if it happens.

Might be in the minority here, but I think Dieng will be as good a player as Aldridge is. Add a guy like Franklin or Shabazz and its safe to say I wouldn't give up our two picks for him. He would not really get us over the hump IMO.And Deng is the guy you brings in for a championship run once all of the other pieces are together. Not at the primary stages of a rebuild.