• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Potential big news for us with Wojo!

NBASupes

• Moderators

As someone who watched Noel carefully this year, I can say he definitely is a different player than Deke and the two shouldn't be compared. Noel is a good shot blocker and has elite hand quickness - he was impressive at poking the ball away from opponents in the post prior to them making their move. He is raw offensively and is light and was bumped around by more mature bodies like Plumlee and Lee. He is pretty athletic but doesn't look like a star in the making to me.

The Theo Ratliff comparison is pretty good. I think it may be selling him a bit short but it is in the right range. I don't think he'll ever be a stud offensively but he will get stronger defensively and his length and quickness should make him somewhere between effective and an impact defender if the injury isn't an issue long-term.

[bTW - His name isn't Noah.]

• Like 2

I want Bennett, OLADIPO, or Zeller. I don't want to us to give up too many picks trying to get Burke, Mac, or Porter. I really really think Bennett will be the best player from this draft. He's just a beast.

I disagree. I think Olapido is a safe pick with limited potential while Porter is also safe but has a much higher ceiling.

Oladipo has the most potential in this draft. Porter is known for being the safest player in this draft. Porter isn't near the athlete that Oladipo is. Victor has been compared to D-wade even Jordan. Of course we know the Jordan comparison is insane, but the fact that someone would even consider saying that shows how good he is.

As someone who watched Noel carefully this year, I can say he definitely is a different player than Deke and the two shouldn't be compared. Noel is a good shot blocker and has elite hand quickness - he was impressive at poking the ball away from opponents in the post prior to them making their move. He is raw offensively and is light and was bumped around by more mature bodies like Plumlee and Lee. He is pretty athletic but doesn't look like a star in the making to me.

The Theo Ratliff comparison is pretty good. I think it may be selling him a bit short but it is in the right range. I don't think he'll ever be a stud offensively but he will get stronger defensively and his length and quickness should make him somewhere between effective and an impact defender if the injury isn't an issue long-term.

[bTW - His name isn't Noah.]

He is 18 years old. Why are some assuming I am talking about what he will be tomorrow when I mentioned Deke?

I seen Ratliff in Atlanta and Philly in his prime. If Noel best is Ratliff, he wouldn't be drafted in the top 10 of any draft ever. He would be seen as a clear bust.

I don't believe that would be the case. He's under 5% body fat and he there's no way he's lost 15 lbs of muscle because of the knee injury. If anything he might be a little heavier from adding a little bit of fat.

Do you know what 5% bodyfat looks like? I guarantee you he is not close to 5% bodyfat.

Edited by JETSET

Ratliff was far from a scrub but it is a fair comparison.

In comparison to how talented Noel is, you are comparing him to a scrub. Ratliff is an average center, he is someone you look at and say, I would take him over Zaza. He is not someone you compare to the #1 pick in a draft that has excellent defensive tools and is talented to boot.

Edited by Leadership

• Admin

In comparison to how talented Noel is, you are comparing him to a scrub. Ratliff is an average center, he is someone you look at and say, I would take him over Zaza. He is not someone you compare to the #1 pick in a draft that has excellent defensive tools and is talented to boot.

I don't see Noah any more then that....he is so raw and thin...its hard to see him being this dominant force that you are talking about. He is a project that you are going to be waiting a while to see if his potential will be close to being realized

I don't see Noah any more then that....he is so raw and thin...its hard to see him being this dominant force that you are talking about. He is a project that you are going to be waiting a while to see if his potential will be close to being realized

I see him as an impact player defensively by his 2nd season in the NBA. That is superior to what I've seen at his best from Ratliff. A fair comparison could be Larry Sanders but I think Noel is better at getting steals right now than Sanders. I think Noel is going to be an impact player in the NBA. So I flat out disagree with 99% of what's being said here.

Oladipo has the most potential in this draft. Porter is known for being the safest player in this draft. Porter isn't near the athlete that Oladipo is. Victor has been compared to D-wade even Jordan. Of course we know the Jordan comparison is insane, but the fact that someone would even consider saying that shows how good he is.

Yeah I've heard that ridiculous comparison to Wade on here but nowhere else. Nbadraft.net compares him to Tony Allen. I know Porter is a safe pick but his ceiling is higher than Oladipo IMO

Do you know what 5% bodyfat looks like? I guarantee you he is not close to 5% bodyfat.

Yes I do and don't call me out on it. Go call out DraftXpress where they've listed the official measurements from the combine that show that.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I keep seeing Theo Ratliff's name pop up, but what most people fear is The return of Keith Closs. At C. Conn St. Closs was a beast. But... to thin to play. Somebody said that it was because of his knee injury that Noel couldn't gain weight??? I think we all should consider the knee injury diet!!!

• Like 1

Guest Walter

I don't believe that would be the case. He's under 5% body fat and he there's no way he's lost 15 lbs of muscle because of the knee injury. If anything he might be a little heavier from adding a little bit of fat.

I think he s also Down in weight. He's probably down 5-10 in his legs alone. Maybe a 40 yr old puts on weight sitting but an 18 yr. old with Noel's metabolism loses weight. To suggest he' gained weight when he isnt doing much LE lifting, suggests noel started at 3% body fat before he gained up to 5%. Not credible. i guess his playing wt at 215. W

Guest Walter

I keep seeing Theo Ratliff's name pop up, but what most people fear is The return of Keith Closs. At C. Conn St. Closs was a beast. But... to thin to play. Somebody said that it was because of his knee injury that Noel couldn't gain weight??? I think we all should consider the knee injury diet!!!

The knee injury diet only works at 19 yoa starting at 5% BF when your LEs are restricted to walking and quad sets. For the 40 yr old it's the equivalent of sitting on the couch a lot. Doesn't work well went your metabolism is in 2nd gear.W

I think he s also Down in weight. He's probably down 5-10 in his legs alone. Maybe a 40 yr old puts on weight sitting but an 18 yr. old with Noel's metabolism loses weight. To suggest he' gained weight when he isnt doing much LE lifting, suggests noel started at 3% body fat before he gained up to 5%. Not credible. i guess his playing wt at 215.W

Anyone who works out and plays basketball every day who all of a sudden gets hurt and has to sit is going to put on weight, that's just common sense as he's not going to burn as many calories and is probably going to eat more as well with all of the down time. It may only be a pound or two, which would only translate to .1 % body fat or so, but there's no way that he goes sedentary and loses weight. If he were a huge guy with a lot of muscle then yes I could see him losing muscle and losing weight but he's a bean pole so he doesn't have much muscle to lose.

Yes I do and don't call me out on it. Go call out DraftXpress where they've listed the official measurements from the combine that show that.

I know my way around the body fat percentages myself. Lots of what matters is the method you use to calculate it. It's not an exact science.

Personally I try to keep mine between 35 and 37%. That way I'm less prone to getting carried away in high winds and will outlive the skinny fellas in case of a major food shortage.

Noel's not lazy. You're making ish up or just crazy. I watched most of his games and he put up a few (few) stinkers, but good luck finding an 18 y.o. who puts in 110% every game. Dude hustled. Yoy don't average 4.4 blocks per (pulling that from memory, so i could be off) if you're lazy. He isn't Anthony Davis, but he's a good player. Thing I'd be most concerned about is how his style of play might make him an injury concern. His body structure isn't the issue to me, but if you watch how he plays, how he goes after it, he goes down and hits the floor a lot. At least once a game if not more. Unless he learns safer blocking techniques, he's going to keep hurting himself.

Not exactly sure what you were trying to say, but I will put this up for you. Personally, I don't think Noel has the fire. I also believe that when it comes down to it, teams will be more likely to take an underrated Zeller over a Overrated lazy Noel.