Players the Hawks have brought in twice

This not a confirmed report, but the players that I've heard the Hawks brought in twice:

Jamal Franklin, SG, San Diego State

Tim Hardaway Jr., SG, Michigan

Mason Plumlee, C, Duke

Kelly Olynyk, PF, Gonzaga

It should also be noted that the first player they brought in when Coach Budenholzer was available to the team was Gorgui Dieng.

All of this is per Jason Walker, who was just on Bill Shanks's radio show.

• Like 2

The latest Chad Ford rumor says Atlanta is still talking to Dallas about the 13th pick and is trying to secure Giannis Antetokounmpo/Adetokunbo.

If the Hawks are doing a trade like that to move up 4 spots I really hope they don't include the 18th pick... Surely not though.

LOL!!

This just goes to show you that no one knows what the Hawks are going to do. Ken Berger is saying that if the Hawks keep 17 and 18, Mason Plumlee is a strong possibility with the other pick being an international player to stash overseas.

So, let's go through the gammit.

We are trading up for Karasev.

We are trading up for Burke.

We are trading up for Adetokunbo.

We are intrigued by Muhammad.

We are taking Plumlee.

We are taking Olynyk.

We are taking Franklin.

LOL!!

This just goes to show you that no one knows what the Hawks are going to do. Ken Berger is saying that if the Hawks keep 17 and 18, Mason Plumlee is a strong possibility with the other pick being an international player to stash overseas.

So, let's go through the gammit.

We are trading up for Karasev.

We are trading up for Burke.

We are trading up for Adetokunbo.

We are intrigued by Muhammad.

We are taking Plumlee.

We are taking Olynyk.

We are taking Franklin.

Yeah it really does... I have been following every thing that has been reported and i feel like i have no idea what's going to happen.

Edited by TheRedStripes

Oiye :(

I don't know a lot about Giannis but it seems you don't like him very much, Dolf. Why is that? He reminds me a bit of KD but like I said, I don't know much about the kid. Also, you were anti-Olynyk until recently. Why the change of heart there. Personally, I'd like us to get a C and either a SF/SG.

• Admin

I don't know a lot about Giannis but it seems you don't like him very much, Dolf. Why is that? He reminds me a bit of KD but like I said, I don't know much about the kid. Also, you were anti-Olynyk until recently. Why the change of heart there. Personally, I'd like us to get a C and either a SF/SG.

Because we've seen nothing but rec league footage of him and he didn't participate in the Nike Hoop Summit. He could end up being good but he's far more likely to be a bust based on what we know about him. We are just at too important of a time in our franchise to take such a huge risk.

I was anti-Olynyk before because of not wanting us to draft him to play C. I still feel that way as he's going to be a terrible traditional C. But if we're using him as a stretch 4/5 and pairing him with a real traditional C then I'd be thrilled to have him.

• Like 1
Edited by Dolfan23
Fixed Tweet

This is what Fran Fraschilla said about Giannis Adetokunbo:

Based on what I saw, Antetokounmpo would have been one of the five best players in high school basketball last season. He stands out because of his playmaking abilities and 6-9 frame. I believe he is three years away from helping an NBA team, but his ceiling is high.

An NBA team that can be patient and even leave him in Europe for a season or two could be rewarded handsomely down the road. Antetokounmpo recently signed a four-year deal with Zaragoza in the Spanish ACB League and has a feasible buyout, I have been told.

Just to note, the top 5 players on the Rivals Top 150 2013 basketball prospects are:

1. Andrew Wiggins

2. Julius Randle

3. Aaron Gordon

4. Jabari Parker

5. Andrew Harrison

All 5 of these guys are players that will supposedly give the 2014 NBA Draft its strength. These are the players everyone wants to tank to get. So, if Giannis would have rated right up there with these guys, and we can get him in the mid first round this year simply because of the unknown around him, it seems like it could be a potentially high reward investment.

• Admin

Giannis' camp already said they aren't going to be stashed in Europe and that he's coming over this year. It would be just like the Hawks to draft a guy 3 years away from realizing any potential that he has and that being best case. Worst case we draft him and he decides he won't stay overseas and we lose his rights. Not sure how that would work but I can see a major PR nightmare developing if we plan to stash him.

• 7 years later...
On 6/27/2013 at 4:53 PM, KB21 said:

The latest Chad Ford rumor says Atlanta is still talking to Dallas about the 13th pick and is trying to secure Giannis Antetokounmpo/Adetokunbo.

😰 Why didn't we get it done