• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Before you "hate" on this years picks, look back on some anonymous member instant reactions from last year after the draft

Admin

Ok...i'm reading some of the replies here and I'm confused.

#1. Why is anyone surprised Ferry took international players? It was an open secret that Ferry was looking at them for exactly the reasons I gave earlier: you can play them if you lose out on the free agents or keep them overseas as the salary won't count against the cap.

#2. This franchise has been in desperate need IMO of two things since the days of Deke and Mookie: the next Deke and Mookie. We need a real center and a real point guard (I don't like Teague) and he fills two NEED positions with guys with potential coming out the ears.

#3. Who exactly did you realistically expect him to draft? All the more sure bets were off the board and anyone not playing overseas would count against our cap. Ferry avoided that. As he should.

#4. Mad about the second round guy? Why? He's not a guaranteed contract and we can waive him at any time for cap space.

#5. For some reason you need five reasons to number a list of reasons to end on. This talk about the franchise settling for not being a contender...what?? Ferry wants to sign the big names and he has the cap room to do it. If that does not work which realistically it will not then guess what? We bring over the young guys let them develop. Why can't those who disagree see this?

Exactly. Its not like we just took Marvin Williams over Chris Paul. Calm the f down people.

Haha! Or the Dream Team Philly Eagles that won like what 6 games?

Don't forget about when LA brought in Malone and Payton. They put the rings on that team before the 1st game. lol

I'm just happy that we finally have an athletic 7 footer on this team. Heck having 2 guys over 6'10" under the age of 35 has to be some sort of Hawk record.

They're both quite talented too. Still can't believe Muscala slipped all the way to #44.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I guess we should now completely look at free agents not named D12 or CP3. Question for me is will the Hawks pursue Bynum or Jefferson or do they think the draft picks are the way to go? Unless we acquire a couple of the remaining free agents, I don't see Korver re-signing, he wants to win now. After this argument I have tried to step away and look at this draft. I guess I could be ok with it if we were trying to have some space for D12, but I don't think he signs here. I watched the clips and read the bios of the draftees. Still disappointed DF wasn't able to trade into the top three in a weak draft. Guess we will see what happens in free agency.