• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FA centers to be considered

gurpilo

Ferry said yesterday they are looking for a big. What is left on the FA market? Listing them by my preference order

- Samuel Dalembert - Great fit, good defensive center, could play a lot of minutes allowing Al moving to PF.

- Greg Oden - For me still worth the risk

- Brandan Wright - A little bit thin but can do the work.

- Cole Aldrich - Made some progress last year, good rebounding Center that is able to block some shots, still 24, I would definately try to sign him so that we can develop him, he was a 6th pick for a reason, I guess...

- Timofey Mozgov - Serviceable big.

Ferry said yesterday they are looking for a big. What is left on the FA market? Listing them by my preference order - Samuel Dalembert - Great fit, good defensive center, could play a lot of minutes allowing Al moving to PF.- Greg Oden - For me still worth the risk- Brandan Wright - A little bit thin but can do the work.- Cole Aldrich - Made some progress last year, good rebounding Center that is able to block some shots, still 24, I would definately try to sign him so that we can develop him, he was a 6th pick for a reason, I guess...- Timofey Mozgov - Serviceable big.

Aldrich was the 11th pick.I would be happy with Dalembert or Mozgov as a starter. The others I think are backup center material. I think Muscala will help out from a size factor.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Aldrich was the 11th pick.I would be happy with Dalembert or Mozgov as a starter. The others I think are backup center material. I think Muscala will help out from a size factor.

Good list and I agree with this comment. I would speculate that Dalembert may be looking for a larger payday or a situation with a team that will be competing for the championship.

I don't understand why we did not keep Zaza. He could have given us a slight hometown discount or a team option on 3rd year. We are not tanking anyway, we are trying to win now. By the way I would choose Zaza over those guys every day.

• Premium Member

Wasn't Mozgov a starter for DEN for some time?

Add Byron Mullens who was drafted as a center out of OSU, and has the body to play there.

Technically, RFA Pekovic is still out there... it's been about 10 days now since it was first reported by Wojo that MIN was "close" to a deal. Problem for us is that the deal on the table is $12 mil, and if I understand correctly, we're pretty much have to amnesty or trade Lou Williams to put the max deal on the table, and even then of course, would risk being matched.

1. Al Horford $12,000,000

2. Paul Millsap $ 9,500,000

3. Jeff Teague $ 8,000,000

4. Kyle Korver $ 5,400,000

5. Lou Williams $ 5,225,000

6. DeMarre Carroll $ 2,500,000

7. DeShawn Stevenson $ 2,240,000 (non-guaranteed)

8. John Jenkins $ 1,258,800

9. Jared Cunningham $ 1,240,000

10. Shelvin Mack $ 884,293 (non-guaranteed)

11. Mike Scott $ 788,877 (non-guaranteed)

12. Lucas Nogueira $ 1,419,200*

13. Dennis Schröder $ 1,348,200*

Total $ 51,804,370

Salary cap $ 58,500,000

Net $ 6,695,630

Edited by sturt

• Premium Member

I don't understand why we did not keep Zaza. He could have given us a slight hometown discount or a team option on 3rd year. We are not tanking anyway, we are trying to win now. By the way I would choose Zaza over those guys every day.

I doubt you would find many to disagree with this sentiment however ZaZa has moved on. Now is the time to focus on who can fill that role for the 13-14 edition of the Hawks.

• Like 1

• Moderators

#stealthferry

~lw3

Wasn't Mozgov a starter for DEN for some time?

Add Byron Mullens who was drafted as a center out of OSU, and has the body to play there.

Technically, RFA Pekovic is still out there... it's been about 10 days now since it was first reported by Wojo that MIN was "close" to a deal. Problem for us is that the deal on the table is $12 mil, and if I understand correctly, we're pretty much have to amnesty or trade Lou Williams to put the max deal on the table, and even then of course, would risk being matched.

1. Al Horford $12,000,000

2. Paul Millsap $ 9,500,000

3. Jeff Teague $ 8,000,000

4. Kyle Korver $ 5,400,000

5. Lou Williams $ 5,225,000

6. DeMarre Carroll $ 2,500,000

7. DeShawn Stevenson $ 2,240,000 (non-guaranteed)

8. John Jenkins $ 1,258,800

9. Jared Cunningham $ 1,240,000

10. Shelvin Mack $ 884,293 (non-guaranteed)

11. Mike Scott $ 788,877 (non-guaranteed)

12. Lucas Nogueira $ 1,419,200*

13. Dennis Schröder $ 1,348,200*

Total $ 51,804,370

Salary cap $ 58,500,000

Net $ 6,695,630

You cannot amnesty Lou, he was signed under the current CBA and the amnesty clause is only for players signed under the previous CBA by said team and still on said team.

Ferry said yesterday they are looking for a big. What is left on the FA market? Listing them by my preference order

- Samuel Dalembert - Great fit, good defensive center, could play a lot of minutes allowing Al moving to PF.

- Greg Oden - For me still worth the risk

- Brandan Wright - A little bit thin but can do the work.

- Cole Aldrich - Made some progress last year, good rebounding Center that is able to block some shots, still 24, I would definately try to sign him so that we can develop him, he was a 6th pick for a reason, I guess...

- Timofey Mozgov - Serviceable big.

He also said he is looking for the 'right' big to fit the system and not just get a big to get one!!

In my opinion Dally, Oden and Brandan Wright are better players and I think Aldrich will be better also. Edited by gurpilo

Per Al Horford: I was hoping to play more in the power forward position," Horford said. "We couldn’t work things out with Zaza (Pachulia) and he had to leave.

Zaza's price point was probably more than what Ferry was willing to pay.

If we renounce all the non guaranteed contracts, leave Bebe overseas, and use the MLE for Carroll, we could offer Pekovic around $14MM/year

We could use the room exception... But I need clarification, does that count as a hold against the cap if we don't renounce it? Are we looking at 58.6 million minus the room exception = our usable cap space?

The room exception is for teams below the cap space only. In my scenario, we would be over the cap and be forced to use either the mid level or the biannual. We can only use 1 exception per year.

We could use the room exception... But I need clarification, does that count as a hold against the cap if we don't renounce it? Are we looking at 58.6 million minus the room exception = our usable cap space?

Nope. No caphold for the room exception because the CBA says so, AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE.

-HF3:16