Bud arrested for Dui

macdaddy

• Moderators

Will this cost him his job? Serious question. Didn't this happen to Musselman out in Sacto or was there more to it?

I just looked it up and Musselman was not fired as a result of the DUI. Man I remember when Musselman was the young coach everyone was talking about. Let's hope Bud is better. Apology soon I hope.

• Moderators

Coach Booze! This looks worse than it is, but will probably gain an overreaction due to how boring this offseason has become. He isn't the first guy to ever to go to the 2-for-1 well a little to often at Logan's and then say, "Ehh, I live right around the corner." Really, who knows how much he had to drink. Could be one, could be many. This too shall pass and we'll be winning basketball games before we know it.

• Moderators

Like macdaddy said, it was a preseason DUI bust for Coach Muss (in October during the Kings' preseason games) but the GM and ownership let him play out the string. The Kings' collapse pretty much went into high gear that year after replacing Adelman with Musselman.

~lw3

• Moderators

No More Bud's for You!

~lw3

Then again, Lil' Scrappy (at what point does a grown man stop calling himself Lil') got arrested last night too. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Budz was keeping it a little too real with Scrappy last night and things got a little out of hand.

Now hanging out with Mr. Scrappy would be a fireable offense......

Thanks for the refresher. Seems Muss got a 2 game suspension. Budz will probably get similar as long as nothing else surfaces.

Then again, Lil' Scrappy (at what point does a grown man stop calling himself Lil') got arrested last night too. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Budz was keeping it a little too real with Scrappy last night and things got a little out of hand.

LMAO

• Moderators

I think the job is safe-ish for now. But what's crucial right now is the way he, Danny, and the team responds. I see Danny's already out with the "give-us-a-minute" approach.

It's a PR nightmare for a team that hoped for a totally different set of summer headlines. I thank my lucky stars everyday that this particular version of the Hawks (Joe-Josh-Al era) has never put this team in an embarrassing situation with DUIs or domestic violence incidents or weed busts. We've been pretty good staying off of Deadspin... up until now.

There's never, ever a good time for drinking-and-driving (as alleged), whether one gets caught or not. However, the least-sucky time for an NBA person to get charged with DUI is the period between free agent mania and the start of training camp. Bud's and the Hawks organization's PR skills will have their feet to the fire during this time.

~lw3

• Moderators

Whoa!!! Fox 5 says it was DUI, drugs and "other substances". If that's true "He Gone".

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/23286911/atlanta-hawks-head-coach-dui

"But officer, it was just codeine! Ain't that right, Scrappy?"

~mikeb

If it's more than alcohol and prescription pills, his a$$ will indeed be foie gras.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1