• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud arrested for Dui

macdaddy

• Moderators

Georgia State Patrol Arrest Report being read on 92.9.

Bud's a Midtown guy, huh! Stopped on 10th and Crescent around 10:30. (if you know the Margaret Mitchell House, over there) Crescent Street is a regularly hopping bar-nightclub scene.

I dunno where he lives, but where he was stopped is like one-half block from the MARTA Midtown Station. Not just a transit station but a popular spot for catching cabs, were he so inclined.

Bud refused the breath test. Trooper mentioned bloodshot eyes. Report only mentions DUI and Ye Olde Busted Taillight.

~lw3

• Moderators

92.9 the game is saying from the GSP that the only charges are DUI and Busted Tail Light. I will say Fox5 is notorious for misreporting facts. I know this first hand.

Coincidentally, Fox5 is also the news program that brought us Amanda Davis. Her career-ending DUI bust was maybe like 5 traffic lights away from Bud's.

~lw3

Hopefully he isn't looking at the roster and regretting his decision to come here.-snip-

I'm hoping that he was believing all the sports analysts' reports saying we have a better team than last year and drinking in celebration, rather than the oh crap, this is what Ferry gave me to work with?? (grin)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Minor gripe here, but there are few things more frustrating than getting traffic-stopped by, of all people, the State Patrol on, of all places, a city street in the heart of the metropolis (FWIW, 10th Street is not a State Route, Peachtree Street, a block east of Crescent, used to be but hasn't been for about 5 years). Glad he was stopped by somebody, but still. End gripe.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Whoever said they consider DUI attempted murder earlier is spot on. Any time you get behind the wheel and you know you are drunk or high you are putting everyone including yourself at risk. I have zero sympathy for this. I have had family members and friends killed by drunk drivers. I am disgusted that our new Hawk coach would do something like this.

• Like 3

• Moderators

(Very) glad the drug part of this didn't pan out but this is disappointing. No one in his tax bracket should ever be driving drunk. Just call a cab and keep your name out of the press. More importantly, call a cab and don't put other people at risk.

Having lived through the Billy Gillespie era for UK, I really hope this isn't indicative of a bigger problem.

• Moderators

Legal beagles, confirm for me. When you refuse the Breathalyzer, you get taken to the pokey on a DUI whether you were really over the limit or not, right?

Not to peel a bigger onion unnecessarily, but I'm sure I've heard a few DUI lawyers insist that you never, ever, agree to take the Breathalyzer test, even if you don't think you're over the limit, even if it automatically means you go to jail. It seems to me the downside is, if you're under the limit and refuse, you're left to the devices of the arresting officers to describe your condition and your ability to legally drive.

~lw3

• Like 1

Legal beagles, confirm for me. When you refuse the Breathalyzer, you get taken to the pokey on a DUI whether you were really over the limit or not, right?

Not to peel a bigger onion unnecessarily, but I'm sure I've heard a few DUI lawyers insist that you never, ever, agree to take the Breathalyzer test, even if you don't think you're over the limit, even if it automatically means you go to jail. It seems to me the downside is, if you're under the limit and refuse, you're left to the devices of the arresting officers to describe your condition and your ability to legally drive.

~lw3

This.

• Moderators

C-Viv's on the case this morning. AJC's links to the GSP arrest reports. (updated to link the PDF files instead)

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2013/08/29/Michael_Budenholzer-Arrest-Page-1.pdf

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2013/08/29/Michael_Budenholzer-Arrest-Page-2.pdf

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

~lw3

Not sure of the current GA law. I've read articles that many states have passed laws due to lawyers advising clients to always refuse the breathalyzer. The law gives the state the right to forcibly draw blood at the police station for purposes of testing.

Found this.

http://www.georgiacriminaldefense.com/georgiaduibloodtestwarrantsandforcibleblooddraws.html

Edited by Endy9
  • Like 1