• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why should I or anyone else for that matter buy season tix?

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

I cant think of a good reason to spend good money for season tix this year. I live in the Chattanooga area but have purchased season tix over the years. I drive down to several games a year, but I just don't have that good feeling about this team and organization anymore.

• Moderators

I don't know what you are comparing it to but i'm more interested to see what we will be this year than in most past years. But all told I don't see where this one would be worse than watching the old core and hoping that Joe Smith, Tracy McGrady, Vlad Rad, or Johan Petro can put us over the top. I think we have some hungry players this year.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I guess Im looking at the huge letdown IMO going into this summer. I have always been a supporter of this team over the years and had season tix for several years, but Im not paying big money to go watch a NBA team that has as bunch of scrubs on. The tickets are way too high for a subpar product.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think its wrong to characterize this team as a bunch of scrubs though. If you think that then most of the league is a bunch of scrubs. Teague/Lou/Korver/Milsap/Horford/Brand. That's six really good nba players, 2 all stars, and all pretty close to being in their prime with the exception of Brand.

Considering we had 2 players under contract 2 months ago this is a pretty solid Step One.

Edited by macdaddy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

I think its wrong to characterize this team as a bunch of scrubs though. If you think that then most of the league is a bunch of scrubs. Teague/Lou/Korver/Milsap/Horford/Brand. That's six really good nba players, 2 all stars, and all pretty close to being in their prime with the exception of Brand.

Considering we had 2 players under contract 2 months ago this is a pretty solid Step One.

2 allstars?

Im not gonna rehash the argument about the offseason. I think the stands will be empty this season without the star the more casual fan who buys tickets wants. There are a handful of diehard Hawk fans that wouldn't fill a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant. The ones that pay for tickets don't want middle of the road teams. I spoke to a fellow businessman this past weekend in Indianapolis and he has had 10 season tix for over 15 years, but he is done with the inept organization.

• Moderators

2 allstars?

Im not gonna rehash the argument about the offseason. I think the stands will be empty this season without the star the more casual fan who buys tickets wants. There are a handful of diehard Hawk fans that wouldn't fill a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant. The ones that pay for tickets don't want middle of the road teams. I spoke to a fellow businessman this past weekend in Indianapolis and he has had 10 season tix for over 15 years, but he is done with the inept organization.

I'm not disagreeing about the attendance. Horford and Brand are both All Stars. Middle of the road is a lot different than a team full of scrubs.

• Like 1

My question is what did you and this Businessman expect? Dwight Howard was walking through that door. Chris Paul wasn't walking through that door. Josh Smith was getting pushed out that door. lol....sorry got carried away. Honestly, if you thought we were getting a Superstar this Summer you read too much hype. This team is going the Houston/Pacer route. If we luck up like Houston did we may get a Superstar in the near future. If not it will be proctracted search to build/farm our on Star player. If you like attending games go for the "basketball" you will finally see at Phillips. Real hoops with the proper players doing the proper things for their position.

• Like 4

I've never bought season tickets or any ticket package before, but I'm considering it this go 'round. I think Teague and Horford could both see notable step ups in their game, and I'm really excited to see Korver come back, maybe seeing Al shift to the PF slot more frequently with Ayón and Brand in the mix, AND I'm excited about getting an up-close look at Schröder. Do I think these guys are going to be kicking the Heat in the nuts and running for the Title? No. Do I think it's going to be fun basketball to watch? Yes. Do I want to be there to support the new faces (Coach Budweiser, Schröder, Ayón, etc.)? Hell yes.

• Like 1

There is no reason to buy season tickets other than you are a diehard fan. I have found in my lifetime some people like to argue rather they are wrong or right. By the way, those people are amongst the most frustrating to deal with on this earth

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm not impressed with the direction we're going in either, but I'll never stop supporting the team. Ever. I'm not a season ticket buyer, but I make the drive up to ATL to catch a couple of games each year. I'll do that every year regardless of who is out there on the court or how much the tickets cost. I wish I had the time, because I would buy season tickets without a second thought. My fandom is rooted in the franchise and is independent of who is on the court, who is in the front office, or who signs the paychecks.

• Like 2

I cant think of a good reason to spend good money for season tix this year. I live in the Chattanooga area but have purchased season tix over the years. I drive down to several games a year, but I just don't have that good feeling about this team and organization anymore.

I am first and foremost a fan of the team. Although some of my favorites are now gone, I will always root for whoever wears the Hawks' colors. For me, there are 2 distinct reasons to go to games. 1 to see a win, but 2 to root for my team. Far too often as fans we forget that being a fan is rooting for your team in good times and bad. We can't all buy a championship (see Miami, NY, LA) but we can take pride in our home town basketball mercenaries.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm not disagreeing about the attendance. Horford and Brand are both All Stars. Middle of the road is a lot different than a team full of scrubs.

In what alternate universe where Elton Brand is the only player in the league is he still an All Star in 2013? I guess the Hawks should have counted T Mac as a multiple All Star when he was here for his cup of coffee then.

• Like 2

This, of all seasons, is the season that let you down? You're ok buying a season ticket for a capped out Johnson led Hawks team, but you're not ok buying a season ticket for a team that is just as good but with a lot more youth and flexibility?

Whatever floats your boat. I wouldn't buy season tickets for either team personally, but this one would definitely entice me more than past seasons. Why would anyone buy a season ticket?

1) Trade flexibility

2) Fast-paced team basketball with lots of ball movement

3) No more isoJoe

4) No more 30 foot shots from Smith

5) Promising new alcoholic coach

6) A pair of exciting young PGs

7) Two skilled big men in the post

8) The second best 3P shooter in the league

Sheesh. It'll be ok my man. You don't have to buy a season ticket, but this season will be better than last season.

Edit: You had a good feeling about the organization before? When?

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 4

This, of all seasons, is the season that let you down? You're ok buying a season ticket for a capped out Johnson led Hawks team, but you're not ok buying a season ticket for a team that is just as good but with a lot more youth and flexibility? Whatever floats your boat. I wouldn't buy season tickets for either team personally, but this one would definitely entice me more than past seasons. Why would anyone buy a season ticket? 1) Trade flexibility2) Fast-paced team basketball with lots of ball movement3) No more isoJoe4) No more 30 foot shots from Smith5) Promising new alcoholic coach6) A pair of exciting young PGs7) Two skilled big men in the post8) The second best 3P shooter in the league Sheesh. It'll be ok my man. You don't have to buy a season ticket, but this season will be better than last season. Edit: You had a good feeling about the organization before? When?

All good points, but you snuck #5 in there very nicely. Good for a laugh
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

This, of all seasons, is the season that let you down? You're ok buying a season ticket for a capped out Johnson led Hawks team, but you're not ok buying a season ticket for a team that is just as good but with a lot more youth and flexibility? Whatever floats your boat. I wouldn't buy season tickets for either team personally, but this one would definitely entice me more than past seasons. Why would anyone buy a season ticket? 1) Trade flexibility2) Fast-paced team basketball with lots of ball movement3) No more isoJoe4) No more 30 foot shots from Smith5) Promising new alcoholic coach6) A pair of exciting young PGs7) Two skilled big men in the post8) The second best 3P shooter in the league Sheesh. It'll be ok my man. You don't have to buy a season ticket, but this season will be better than last season. Edit: You had a good feeling about the organization before? When?

yep I had a good feeling back with Nique, Roundfield, Tree and company. We havent been competitive for years. Time for you youngins to be diehard and I will check in from time to time