• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ALL Sports question.

Diesel

• Premium Member

But particularly Basketball.

Do you need a coach and a GM?

Let's streamline basketball a little. Put the coach over everything dealing with personnel along with what goes on on the floor. What you find in most coaches are very good managers. Why are these very good managers being handicapped by GMs who may have their own different vision than the coaches coaching style.

Big Tuna Said:

"They want you to cook the dinner; at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries. Okay?"

With that statement as the backdrop, this question has life. How can I coach at my best when I don't get to pick and choose what players I have on the court?

But particularly Basketball.

Do you need a coach and a GM?

Let's streamline basketball a little. Put the coach over everything dealing with personnel along with what goes on on the floor. What you find in most coaches are very good managers. Why are these very good managers being handicapped by GMs who may have their own different vision than the coaches coaching style.

Big Tuna Said:

"They want you to cook the dinner; at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries. Okay?"

With that statement as the backdrop, this question has life. How can I coach at my best when I don't get to pick and choose what players I have on the court?

I'd rather go with what Andy Reid said last night when he said he's so much happier coaching and teaching and not having to worry about that administrative stuff like free agency and the draft. Obviously the results are showing too as the Chiefs look really good.

Oh and the Tuna hasn't drafted well in probably more than 10 years. He left Miami so devoid of talent it's taken years to get to where we are now and we still have quite a ways to go.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Coaches too often have a conflict of interest in terms of doing what is best for the team this season versus what is best for the long-run. Coaches push for the short-term gains even at the expense of the future. A GM brings better balance.

• 9 years later...