• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If the Hawks get a Nets lottery pick discussion...

Kimsey

People forget Lebron was actually a great bball player AND a gifted athlete in HS. That's why I never got the Lebron/Wiggins comparisons. I'm not trashing Wiggins or Embiid at all as both have great potential. In fact, Embiid is in my top 3 for whatever that's worth(nothing). But I'm looking at this from a different perspective. The Hawks need to electrify this fanbase and get people excited about this team. To me, that means you favor a pick with an easily recognizable name who will have an immediate impact over someone who might pan out a few years down the road.

Lebron is an once in a lifetime player who never has been seen in the NBA. Wiggins comparisons to Bron isn't fair but Wiggins is an amazing prospect. I am not one to take Parker if I have Wiggins, Embiid or Exum on the table. If I need a PF or everything, I would take Randle over Parker. Parker is an amazing prospect, will be a superstar without question but just like Melo, when your best skill is scoring and overall offensive, you are somewhat limited.

Limited? Like 'Nique limited? Like Durant limited??? I'm done.

I don't know that much about these prospects but isn't there a knock on Parker about not being athletic enough for the SF? Obviously those guys are crazy athletes.

We should take the best sf this draft and get jahlil okafor next draftWe have pf/c right now and can draft okafor next summer then decide what to do with mansapWe should take the best sf this draft and get jahlil okafor next draftWe have pf/c right now and can draft okafor next summer then decide what to do with mansapWe should take the best sf this draft and get jahlil okafor next draftWe have pf/c right now and can draft okafor next summer then decide what to do with mansap

We should take the best sf this draft and get jahlil okafor next draftWe have pf/c right now and can draft okafor next summer then decide what to do with mansapWe should take the best sf this draft and get jahlil okafor next draftWe have pf/c right now and can draft okafor next summer then decide what to do with mansapWe should take the best sf this draft and get jahlil okafor next draftWe have pf/c right now and can draft okafor next summer then decide what to do with mansap

Gross. No more talk about "mansap" - there could be kids reading this stuff

• Like 1

Limited? Like 'Nique limited? Like Durant limited??? I'm done.

Durant can defend SF's. Maybe not Lebron but who can. Parker struggles at defending wings and bigs. Please be done, you are looking silly right now. People who put far more time into this then you or me are saying this about Parker and from what I've seen, I agree.

Stop it. We don't know what Brooklyn will look like next year and it's clear we won't be in the lottery so let's scout for this year and this squad. Here is what we have:

PG:

Teague- Solid PG. Good player, still learning the position and improving slightly.

Mack- Free Agent, average PG, made a solid improvement.

Dennis- Raw below average PG. Excellent talent and potential. Blessed offensively and defensively. Our best prospect.

SG:

Kyle: Sharpshooter, great off the ball, high BBIQ, poor man defender but solid team defender.

Lou: Scorer who can score in a second, bad shot selection and poor defender.

SF:

DMC: Hustle player, can occasionally shoot, limited skill-set.

Martin: Good at corner threes, plays with some energy, not a NBA talent.

PF:

Milsap: Good player, versatile, smart, solid team defender.

Horford: Very good player, versatile, smart, solid man and team defender, out of position at C, elite movement player.

Scott: undersized, good shooter, average player, make good improvements and has some solid potential.

C:

Ayón: Trash

Antić: Trash

Brand: Smart, tough, old, done.

We need a SF and C.

We could use an upgrade at SG.

We are set at PF and PG.

Lol I know I said I was done but this is getting comical. Jabari's "problems" on d was never really about athleticism or not being able to stay in front of guys it's always been about being out of position, not understanding his role sometimes in the system, losing his man on pick and rolls etc. etc....when it comes to one on one defending he more than holds his own. His wingspan gives him an advantage and he plays the passing lanes well and is pretty damn good as a help defender. Bc defense is HIS weakness doesn't mean that it is really a weakness. They have to find something wrong with these prospects and this is his thing. He's in the right place at duke to learn defensive concepts and he's already showing improvement as the season has progressed. Coach K will get him even better by the end of the year. He'll be fine, trust me

Oh and regarding people discussing Parker, Wiggins, Randle, etc. At this point, I'm a Hawks fan and ANY big time prospect in the 2014 draft is a bonus for me and I'd be thankful no matter which stud I got. I'm not gonna get picky at this point. Again, as a Hawks fan I've been let down time after time. I'd be pretty thankful just to be able to take ANY of those guys right now.

Edited by Spud2Nique

Lol I know I said I was done but this is getting comical. Jabari's "problems" on d was never really about athleticism or not being able to stay in front of guys it's always been about being out of position, not understanding his role sometimes in the system, losing his man on pick and rolls etc. etc....when it comes to one on one defending he more than holds his own. His wingspan gives him an advantage and he plays the passing lanes well and is pretty damn good as a help defender. Bc defense is HIS weakness doesn't mean that it is really a weakness. They have to find something wrong with these prospects and this is his thing. He's in the right place at duke to learn defensive concepts and he's already showing improvement as the season has progressed. Coach K will get him even better by the end of the year. He'll be fine, trust me

He honestly looks like he isn't trying. Like he's disinterested in defense. Maybe it will (or has) improved, because I haven't watched him in a couple of weeks.

• Premium Member

Durant can defend SF's. Maybe not Lebron but who can. Parker struggles at defending wings and bigs. Please be done, you are looking silly right now. People who put far more time into this then you or me are saying this about Parker and from what I've seen, I agree.

I know you feel strongly about these prospects but it's just basketball at the end of the day. I let the "f outta here kid" thing go in your first reply but this is the second time you got a little personal. It's all just speculation and opinion at this point. It's not that serious. At least I don't take it that seriously. I apologize for posting about potential draft picks in this thread and if my opinion of said draft picks came off a little dogmatic.

I know you feel strongly about these prospects but it's just basketball at the end of the day. I let the "f outta here kid" thing go in your first reply but this is the second time you got a little personal. It's all just speculation and opinion at this point. It's not that serious. At least I don't take it that seriously. I apologize for posting about potential draft picks in this thread and if my opinion of said draft picks came off a little dogmatic.

My bad man. I got carried away.

• Like 1

The best prospect continues being Andrew Wiggins in my opinion despite his "bad" season. A two-way game changer, with a lot of tools to be a NBA star.

Embiid potential is awesome too, but I would prefer a dominant swing, it what causes differences in actual NBA.

Anyway, who would not like to have Jabari Parker??? He has incredible skills, will be an All-NBA player and a superstar for sure.

We have no idea what will happen to BKN, they have even an option to reach the playoffs. But even with a pick 7 we should be glad that we have the opportunity to draft a all-star potential player even being a top team in our conference... Just try to enjoy watching BKN lose :D

The people who hate Duke are the people who were not that good in school.....other then UNC fans of course. UNC is a great school too.Folks who were A students love them because they relate to good academic programs and appreciate the scholar athlete more then guys who just like flashy players.Military folks typically like Duke too b/c of Coach K's West Point background.

Nah. Duke's snobby and tends to produce players like Reddick (who has changed his tune recently, I'll give him that), that's why I don't like em.

Course Wake is pretty snobby too (Chris Paul), so I don't have much room to talk.

If we get the pick I hope the Hawks spend time evaluating all players. I have already started in depth evaluation that have led me to see that Marcus Smart is a very inefficient player in comparison to the guards that have come out of college in the last 5 years that are now starters in the NBA. Which leads me to think that he will not be a star but a player who will be asked to take a reduced role.

I suggest you guys do some study before making some of these claims about players.

Marcus smart is a guy who could be like tony Allen defensively with more size and strength and a better offensive game....teams love guys like that. Taking him with a top 10 would be kind of disappointing but you know what you're getting with him.

Marcus smart is a guy who could be like tony Allen defensively with more size and strength and a better offensive game....teams love guys like that. Taking him with a top 10 would be kind of disappointing but you know what you're getting with him.

Disagree that you know what you are getting. People are throwing out names like Wade and Harden so they obviously have not looked in-depth on the guy. People are too caught up in trying to compare players instead of analyzing them.