Name the 5 guys you want the Hawks to take at 15

coachx

I'm really high on Anderson and think we should pick him. He'll be the steal of the draft. I think his defense will eventually be passable with his length and his BBIQ, and add that to his sick handle and passing ability plus a much improved shot and he'll be a nice combo forward and third string PG for us off the bench from day 1. His feel for the game is ridiculous.

I'll throw out an off the wall player comparison: Paul Pierce. Take away some of Pierce's driving ability, replace it with rebounding and passing. I think that's what Anderson can be, and that's a damn nice player.

Edit: He also doesn't really "play" that slow. He IS slow, but he moves the ball well and doesn't over dribble. Can spot up for three as well. If we draft him, let Millsap help him out with his post game and Korver help him out with his off-ball movement. He'll be sick.

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 1

This Kyle anderson love makes me cringe. If we make that choice it will make the list of worst hawks selections ever. There are surer better players in the draft.

This kid playing the 4 is absolutely laughable. I watched a lot of ucla alllll season long and if take adams over him.

• Premium Member

Glenn Rice III

Rodney Hood

Nik Stauskas

James Young

Dario Saric

No particular order, for instance, I would take either of the Michigan guys and be happy.

It was hard leaving those UCLA guys off the list but something about them doesn't measure up. I like Hood a lot... and am just intrigued by Saric.

• Premium Member

I'm really high on Anderson and think we should pick him. He'll be the steal of the draft. I think his defense will eventually be passable with his length and his BBIQ, and add that to his sick handle and passing ability plus a much improved shot and he'll be a nice combo forward and third string PG for us off the bench from day 1. His feel for the game is ridiculous.

I'll throw out an off the wall player comparison: Paul Pierce. Take away some of Pierce's driving ability, replace it with rebounding and passing. I think that's what Anderson can be, and that's a damn nice player.

Edit: He also doesn't really "play" that slow. He IS slow, but he moves the ball well and doesn't over dribble. Can spot up for three as well. If we draft him, let Millsap help him out with his post game and Korver help him out with his off-ball movement. He'll be sick.

Dude looks slow. With him, we're focusing on Halfcourt play. He doesn't seem to be a match with the quickness of Teague. When I see Young, I see a guy who can straight up score. I don't think anybody has spent time with him molding him into Dwayne Wade but he can score.

• Like 1

This Kyle anderson love makes me cringe. If we make that choice it will make the list of worst hawks selections ever. There are surer better players in the draft.

This kid playing the 4 is absolutely laughable. I watched a lot of ucla alllll season long and if take adams over him.

No, that belongs to Ed Gray, Rashawn McCleod and numerous other Babcock selections.

Respectfully disagree. The dude can ball. His defense needs work, but if Bud believes he can mold him into a better off-ball creator he could be that wing-creator we need. His shot is solid percentage wise so I believe it's possible.

Dude looks slow. With him, we're focusing on Halfcourt play. He doesn't seem to be a match with the quickness of Teague. When I see Young, I see a guy who can straight up score. I don't think anybody has spent time with him molding him into Dwayne Wade but he can score.

I actually think Anderson plays fullcourt ball really well. He passes ahead phenomenally.

As for Young, I'm warming up to him. His ball-skills could use some work and he's not a great leaper but he's fluid and he's got length.

Per Danny Ferry (during a radio interview) "we need more athleticism on the wing" - take that fwiw.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Per Danny Ferry (during a radio interview) "we need more athleticism on the wing" - take that fwiw.

I believe it. Even the Spurs have an athletic Kawhi. We need our Kawhi.

Zach Lavine?

I haven't followed college ball this past season so I don't know the players and it's too late to play catch up. I do agree with DF's sentiment.

I'm really hoping for Cleanthony Early. Dude is a big time baller and exceeds in pressure situations. That game he had against Kentucky in pressure situations was phenomenal. He's a great shooter and is a better athlete then you might think. He really progressed in his final year at Wichita St.

I'm really hoping for Cleanthony Early. Dude is a big time baller and exceeds in pressure situations. That game he had against Kentucky in pressure situations was phenomenal. He's a great shooter and is a better athlete then you might think. He really progressed in his final year at Wichita St.

im a fan although we would need to trade back. I like him over kyle anderson easy

I haven't followed college ball this past season so I don't know the players and it's too late to play catch up. I do agree with DF's sentiment.

Extremely gifted athlete from UCLA. He's a freshmen and he's raw. Not a big fan of his shot but the kid is about as good of an athlete as it get's. 6'5-6'6 and has a ton of potential. He is almost 6'6 so I guess he could play the 3 but he's also rather thin and seems to be a better fit at G,IMO.

Edited by uga2006

Lavine is a ridiculously athletic 6'6" SG. Raw as all get out, but he's like 19 and hits 3s despite a slight hitch in his shot. Has also shown some ability to handle the ball and get to the rim. Not much of a passer and extremely thin. Hitting the weights would do him a world of good.

He's a couple of years away from contributing but he's got a lot of talent.

I really should like Early but something about his game rubs me the wrong way.

Lavine is a ridiculously athletic 6'6" SG. Raw as all get out, but he's like 19 and hits 3s despite a slight hitch in his shot. Has also shown some ability to handle the ball and get to the rim. Not much of a passer and extremely thin. Hitting the weights would do him a world of good.

@TheFuzz who would you compare him to that's playing today.

@TheFuzz who would you compare him to that's playing today.