• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Name the 5 guys you want the Hawks to take at 15

coachx

Great player and an ever better person is why he's one of my favorites.

I think ideally you want to try and get a starter in the first round of the draft. Assuming Horford returns to form and Millsap plays the four spot again. I don't think you spend the 15th pick on a guy you know won't start. At least that is my thought. I would absolutely have him come off the bench though. So it depends on what you expect/want out of a first round pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see. I agree we need to try and get a starter out of this draft for as much as we like DMC and Korver, we need to upgrade at least one of them. My guess is we'll try and upgrade Korver's spot to get a little more athletic but could be going after a SF as well or maybe we look to get a PF to replace Sap after this year.

I see. I agree we need to try and get a starter out of this draft for as much as we like DMC and Korver, we need to upgrade at least one of them. My guess is we'll try and upgrade Korver's spot to get a little more athletic but could be going after a SF as well or maybe we look to get a PF to replace Sap after this year.

@Dolfan23 Can DMC play SG if we draft a starting caliber SF? Then KK goes to bench?

Or maybe the SG/SF is not a starter THIS year or maybe a starter by mid season but gets significant minutes behind KK or DMC?

@Dolfan23 Can DMC play SG if we draft a starting caliber SF? Then KK goes to bench?

Or maybe the SG/SF is not a starter THIS year or maybe a starter by mid season but gets significant minutes behind KK or DMC?

I dunno I suppose DMC could but he's going to really have to work on his handles if he's going to be the type of 2 that we need. Maybe that's why he's making that his top priority for this offseason? If we took a guy like Young then I'd bet the plan would be to have him back Kyle and DMC up this year since he's so young and raw.

I dunno I suppose DMC could but he's going to really have to work on his handles if he's going to be the type of 2 that we need. Maybe that's why he's making that his top priority for this offseason? If we took a guy like Young then I'd bet the plan would be to have him back Kyle and DMC up this year since he's so young and raw.

I guess Payne did have mono late in the season. That is why he didn't participate in any pre draft workouts. They discovered it has been going on for about three months.

I guess Payne did have mono late in the season. That is why he didn't participate in any pre draft workouts. They discovered it has been going on for about three months.

Whole lotta kissing going on there amongst the team eh?

Whole lotta kissing going on there amongst the team eh?

Ha that is funny.

1. Anderson (System, talent, and skill fit.) Like all of these guys, he won't make a good impact as a rookie.

2. James Young- I don't think he will fall to us but I like his shooting and scoring. BBIQ needs some work and he isn't a great fit for the system yet even if the talent is there.

3. Hood- Good fit. I see him as a high floor, decent potential player. Not a potential stud or anything but he is someone that can be an instant starter and help you win games from Day 1. Some like his potential more than others. I think he could be a good player in the right role. I like him as a SG more than SF. I don't see him falling to us.

4. T.J. Warren- He could be a very good scorer in the NBA. I see him as another Reggie Lewis (RIP). Whoever gets him will like him a ton. His range and fit isn't there for our team. If he can develop, he can be an All Star. His floor isn't as high as a Hood but ceiling is higher. Hood is a better fit for us though. Doesn't have Reggie's first step but his body control is off the charts.

5. P.J. Hairston- He is clearly a role player but he can be a good role player. His floor is decent so he can play from Day 1. He will likely never be more than a role player and he can fit any system for his role.

Thought it would be fun to see who you want the Hawks to take at #15.

Already had to edit my list TWICE

1. Nick Staukas - elite shooter, good length at SG, ready to contribute in year 1. Also the team leader, and go to scorer, on his team last season.

2. K.J. McDaniels - athletic freak, team leader and go to guy in college, elite defender. Would have been great to see how he played on a more talented roster where he was forced to be the go to guy.

3. Adreian Payne - athletic freak, 7'4'' wing span, can contribute in year 1. His weakness was a lack of a motor. It just same out that he was playing with a case of mono at the end of last season. That explains the weight loss and the lack of energy.
4. James Young - had a lot of redundant talent at UK with the Harrison twins. Elite measurables but never took control as the alpha dog on a very talented team. As true freshman that is not a major concern.

5. TJ Warren - I'm taking LaVine off my board in favor a true basketball player. Warren's production is elite. He is a SF / PF tweener but with the way the NBA is going that is sometimes a plus. Leading scorer in the ACC.

I would have McDermott #1 but don't think he will be gone by pick #10.

Its 2 weeks before the draft and I have to change my top 5. I'm removing Staukus simply b/c I see no way he is still there at #15.

1. TJ Warren - BPA, most NBA ready, still just 20 years old with plenty of room to grow his game. All Star potential.

2. Adreian Payne - the only non-wing player in my top 5. Too talented to pass on. I see all star potential.

3. KJ McDaniels - I see a Tony Allen like player.......which to me is an elite role player.

4. James Young - Potential.......not much production as a freshman and what he did produce was as a catch and shoot guy. The most improvement in a players life is between their freshman and sophomore years. This is when McDaniels and Warren grew into go to players and team leaders. I hope this move to the NBA, and the lack of playing time, doesn't stunt Young's growth. Then again.....with two 6'6'' Harrison twins staying at UK his role would not have changed if he went back to UK.

5. Kyle Anderson - super high BB IQ and measured much bigger then expected. Horrid shooter, can't defend, worst athlete in the draft. Major strengths but glaring weaknesses.

Edited by coachx