• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

D Will Have Surgery on Both Ankles

• Moderators

http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/5/22/5742728/nets-announce-that-deron-williams-will-undergo-surgery-on-both-ankles

Late Thursday afternoon, Billy King announced that Deron Williams will undergo surgery on both of his ankles next week. Williams, who has dealt with ankle injuries since the Nets moved to Brooklyn, hasn't been 100% in either season. The surgery will be performed by Dr. Martin O'Malley. Williams said last week he anticipated he would need surgery. He underwent an MRI on Friday and was scheduled to talk with O'Malley Monday...

"I feel like I've kind of let people down, so I don't like feeling like that," Williams said the day after the Nets final game. "I take my job seriously, I work hard in the offseason, I work hard every day. It's just real frustrating not to be able to play how I'm capable of playing."

O'Malley also was part of the Nets surgical team on Brook Lopez's foot and ankle surgeries, having been part of Lopez's foot reconstruction in January and and his ankle ligament surgery in March. That involved tightening the lateral ankle ligaments as well as repairing a torn tendon in Lopez's left ankle.

A prognosis on Williams return won't be made until the surgery is complete. By doing the surgery this early in the off season, Williams will have four months to recover and rehab his troublesome ankles.

~lw3

Big money tied up in two of five starters with foot problems I'm glad it's our dilemma.

At least Deron will have a reason to be get fat and out of shape when next season starts.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Admin

Big money tied up in two of five starters with foot problems I'm glad it's our dilemma.

At least Deron will have a reason to be get fat and out of shape when next season starts.

Lets hope for Lottery for the Nets next season so we can have a great pick!!!