No cable/satellite

AHF

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

No.  I use it on amazon fire TV.  And i'm sure it's on roku too and probably apple tv.   I haven't seen the latest youtube tv so that may be good too but you can't get it on fire tv.   

If i had to do it over i'd get a roku (and still subscribe to psvue) because it's independent and you don't get caught up in the wars between apple, google, and amazon.   

But i think they all probably offer fox sports south.   I've also used direct tv Now but it's a little buggy.

All this sound very foreign to me.  Hubby is handling it, so I'll leave it to him.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

All this sound very foreign to me.  Hubby is handling it, so I'll leave it to him.

Sorry.  If you don't already have a streaming device then I'd buy a roku and then subscribe to playstation vue for live TV and Hawks. 

That's the short version.

So my oldest son and his wife are cable-less.  But discussing it one day he lamented all the things he was missing sports wise. They got everything via an internet tv plan. Gave me the idea to get him a 50 mile digital receiver and he said that filled in gaps locally and helped but he still hates missing the occasional game of the week and such.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, thecampster said:

So my oldest son and his wife are cable-less.  But discussing it one day he lamented all the things he was missing sports wise. They got everything via an internet tv plan. Gave me the idea to get him a 50 mile digital receiver and he said that filled in gaps locally and helped but he still hates missing the occasional game of the week and such.

I'm not sure what he has but i actually get more sports this way than with my basic cable package.   This is the problem though.  There are a couple dozen choices in streaming tv and they are all weirdly different.

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

I recently cut the cord ... I got DirecTV Now (which currently has the most channel avaiable) ... I use Roku or my ipad to stream and watch tv.  it saved me about 110 bucks a month and I still get every channel I watched with prob the exception of Golf channel.  So now only paying 40 bucks (which includes HBO so I can also log into the HBO app and watch any of their shows/movies there).

One cool thing is that now there is no contracts so if one of the other services gets better I can easily drop DirecTV NOW and go to Sling/Vue/Hulu/Fubo or wherever.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

I recently cut the cord ... I got DirecTV Now (which currently has the most channel avaiable) ... I use Roku or my ipad to stream and watch tv.  it saved me about 110 bucks a month and I still get every channel I watched with prob the exception of Golf channel.  So now only paying 40 bucks (which includes HBO so I can also log into the HBO app and watch any of their shows/movies there).

One cool thing is that now there is no contracts so if one of the other services gets better I can easily drop DirecTV NOW and go to Sling/Vue/Hulu/Fubo or wherever.  

Nice, hoping to cut the chord by the end of October. Hubby set up Hulu.