• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

World Cup

NJHAWK

Some conspiracy theories here...

Refs are humans and humans tend to make mistakes.

If a professional soccer playser can shoot the ball over the goal while standing two meters in front if it, why shouldn't a ref get somthing wrong sometimes. It's annoying, but normal and part of soccer since there is no video review during the game.

I'm not talking about refs, I'm talking about the FIFA. I don't like to blame refs, I'm with you...

But, have been enough cases about refs, so don't act as if it hadn't ever happened

The world media are treating this like Suarez raped or murdered someone. He isnt a villian hes just a dumb player who keeps making the same mistake. This suspension is a direct result of that and the fact that it was at the world cup with the whole world watching. He was never suspened from Uraguay games for the incidents that happened at Ajax and Liverpool. This is an unprecidented suspension. Fifa make no sense here. Biting is weird but guys get less for tackles that could end careers.

• Like 1

Some conspiracy theories here...

Refs are humans and humans tend to make mistakes.

If a professional soccer playser can shoot the ball over the goal while standing two meters in front if it, why shouldn't a ref get somthing wrong sometimes. It's annoying, but normal and part of soccer since there is no video review during the game.

Refs are human this is true but when you're literally calling penalty after penalty against one team and not calling it for the other, it's clear that there's an agenda. The Germans are a good team they don't need the help from the refs. I just couldn't believe some of the blatant calls and non-calls. 

I'm not talking about refs, I'm talking about the FIFA. I don't like to blame refs, I'm with you...

But, have been enough cases about refs, so don't act as if it hadn't ever happened

But to say there fifa suspends him for four month because he shouldn't play against brazil is a nonsense, because a two game suspension had been enought for that.

Yes there have been SOME cases with refs but you will lose your fun watching sport if suspect every ref who makes a mistake.

Refs are human this is true but when you're literally calling penalty after penalty against one team and not calling it for the other, it's clear that there's an agenda. The Germans are a good team they don't need the help from the refs. I just couldn't believe some of the blatant calls and non-calls.

One big problem of ref at the world cup is, that there aren't the best refs of the world. This would be the case if there would only be the best refs from the biggest leagues (England, spain, italy, germany) but they would be suspected not to be neutral.

That's why there are refs from many countries - a lot of them simply don't belong to the world elite and some aren't really used to judge about the biggest stars in football and I think in crucial situations the may unintentially tend to decide for the bigger star

One big problem of ref at the world cup is, that there aren't the best refs of the world. This would be the case if there would only be the best refs from the biggest leagues (England, spain, italy, germany) but they would be suspected not to be neutral.

That's why there are refs from many countries - a lot of them simply don't belong to the world elite and some aren't really used to judge about the biggest stars in football and I think in crucial situations the may unintentially tend to decide for the bigger star

I didn't realize that and it kinda sucks that they don't have the best refs working these matches.

I didn't realize that and it kinda sucks that they don't have the best refs working these matches.

I think they try to send the best referees possible - under regard of sport political issues - to the world cup.

Here is the list 

For me it's hard to believe that refs from some countries or regions belong to the world's best. Maybe I'm wrong but you can also see the influence of sports politics in the trios from Africa, where members of the ref teams come from different countries, which doesn't is the case for the larger soccer countries.

But to say there fifa suspends him for four month because he shouldn't play against brazil is a nonsense, because a two game suspension had been enought for that.

Yes there have been SOME cases with refs but you will lose your fun watching sport if suspect every ref who makes a mistake.

What it's a nonsense is suspend someone for 4 months because of a "bite" (it seems that we are talking about Tyson's bite). I have seen A LOT of worse actions that haven't been penalized like that one. And by people who has done things like that before too. Even Chiellini has said that it was too much.
What's worse an elbow or a bite?

He was the 1st in the golden ball race... a pity

What it's a nonsense is suspend someone for 4 months because of a "bite" (it seems that we are talking about Tyson's bite). I have seen A LOT of worse actions that haven't been penalized like that one. And by people who has done things like that before too. Even Chiellini has said that it was too much.
What's worse an elbow or a bite?

He was the 1st in the golden ball race... a pity

An elbow is something that can happen in the heat of the moment. To bite someone is such a unnatural thing that you have do decide to do that. In my opinion nobody who does that should get an honor like the golden ball regardless how many goals or assists he makes.

But let's stop this discussion. Different opinions. Basta.

BTW: to bad that Chile lost that...

• Like 1

OMG all favs struggeling...

But they aren't falling...

I like that World Cup very much. Lot's of thrilling games. 

Will the US be the first team to win against a favorite in knockout stage?

Man tough loss today but very proud of the boys for their effort. They don't have nearly the talent at the top or overall depth of most of these other teams but we fought our butts off and it stinks we had to lose.

• Like 1

When your goalie makes 16 saves thats a hell of an accoplishment but it prolly means your team lost. In the end we made it just as far as we did the last world cup.  GO Nederlands !!!

• Like 1

• Moderators

That totally sucked but in reality we didn't look that great in any of the games although i've heard the portugal game we were really good.   I missed a lot of that one.   Our ball control is seriously suspect and we need some finishers.   I know Donovan has gone down hill a little but can't help but think he would have helped.   Of course the real problem was losing Altadore.

Oh well.  Great effort to try to pull out a miracle.   Howard was just spectacular.   That's basically a how-to manual on goaltending.

howard21.jpg?w=1000&h=750

• Like 1

Yeah I swear we have the hardest feet in the game with how bad the ball would bounce off after some passes, which led to turnovers and breakaways for the other team. 

I almost think we put the matches into cruise control after the big game 1 win because we didn't really do much on offense until we had to against Belgium and then it looked like we could get the ball down there anytime we wanted to.