• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC Hawks 15th pick rank them

but reminds me too much of DerMarr Johnson

I literally almost typed this earlier. He has the same high dribble and lanky body. Awkward body control in air and all. Everytime I watch a video of this guy I see Demarr reincarnated. Which is why he's at the bottom of my hideous list :).

Some hate for DJ up in here now? Who knows how good that kid could have been. He may not have ever taken that step we expected of him but I think he would have.

Without looking it up, any of you know who he last played for in the NBA?

Some hate for DJ up in here now? Who knows how good that kid could have been. He may not have ever taken that step we expected of him but I think he would have.

Without looking it up, any of you know who he last played for in the NBA?

The Nuggets?

My 2nd choice, the Grizz?

Edited by Spud2Nique

No sir. You may now look it up but don't spoil it.

Dang it. I coulda sworn he reunited with Kmart in Denver at some point. Maybe not last stop though. Ok I'm gonna have to look it up. It'll kill me otherwise lol. I must know.

Two players who are rising on teams' draft boards: Bosnian center Jusuf Nurkic and Louisiana-LaFayette point guard Elfrid Payton. Nurkic could be a stash option for the Bulls at 19, if they keep the pick, or for Atlanta at 15. The Hawks, in need of a wing, also are said to be considering James Young, Rodney Hood and Gary Harris.

Nurkic

Young

Hood

Harris

I wouldn't be mad at any of those guys. My fav would be Hood, least fav Harris, but not mad at any.

AJC says we will probably pick one of the following players at pick 15. Rank them yourself 1-9.

List:

Kyle Anderson

James Young

Adreian Payne

Nik Stauskas

Rodney Hood

Gary Harris

Doug McDermott

TJ Warren

Zach LaVine

My rankings per my preference:

1. Zach LaVine

2. Kyle Anderson

3. TJ Warren

4. James Young

5. Gary Harris

6. Rodney Hood

7. Nik Stauskas

8. Doug McDermott

9. Adreian Payne

Now lets hear your picks! GO HAWKS!!!!

And adding Josef Nurkic.

1. Nik Stauskas <-- why are people so down on him in this thread? would be perfect for system

2. Rodney Hood <-- seems pretty sweet really, moved up "my board" as I've gotten to know him better

3. James Young <-- could struggle on D, but looks like a legit gamer on Offense

4. Zach Lavine <-- so much upside here I can barely handle it, but #4 because of floor

5. Adreiane Payne <-- with Millsap/Scott (currently) we don't have a glaring need, but like this kid a lot

6. Gary Harris <-- he is short. but can shoot and potential for D looks unlimited. highest potential for "aw man, i had him at 6?"

7. Doug McDermott <-- great shooter, great instincts, above have higher ceiliings

8. Josef Nurkic <-- with Noguera in wings, don't see glaring need for big, but has skills

9. Kyle Anderson <-- no idea where this guy plays in nba

10. TJ Warren <-- i don't see what other people see here. um? hate his stroke

And adding Josef Nurkic.

1. Nik Stauskas <-- why are people so down on him in this thread? would be perfect for system - fatty (12 freaking % body fat while trying to get drafted, are you kidding me?)

2. Rodney Hood <-- seems pretty sweet really, moved up "my board" as I've gotten to know him better

3. James Young <-- could struggle on D, but looks like a legit gamer on Offense

4. Zach Lavine <-- so much upside here I can barely handle it, but #4 because of floor

5. Adreiane Payne <-- with Millsap/Scott (currently) we don't have a glaring need, but like this kid a lot

6. Gary Harris <-- he is short. but can shoot and potential for D looks unlimited. highest potential for "aw man, i had him at 6?" - limited defensively when taller SG's can shoot right over him or post him up.

7. Doug McDermott <-- great shooter, great instincts, above have higher ceiliings

8. Josef Nurkic <-- with Noguera in wings, don't see glaring need for big, but has skills

9. Kyle Anderson <-- no idea where this guy plays in nba

10. TJ Warren <-- i don't see what other people see here. um? hate his stroke - would Shawn Marion's stroke keep you from drafting him as well? It doesn't have to be pretty, as long as it goes in

1. Nik seemed genuinely surprised by the 12% himself because he had been working out nonstop. And he said he normally clocked in at 7-8%. He seems like a really smart guy and something he would address. Remember how fat Love was? But still, I think his head and skills fit perfect for us, even if he's just a younger Korver.

6. Yeah, his height worries me. Again, why I had him at 6. But Tony Allen is only 6'4" too, right? He'll be long gone by 15 anyway, so we won't have to worry about him. (Or Nik probably.)

10. No, of course not. His stroke wasn't the only thing I didn't like. I don't love his position for us. With that said, if we drafted him, I would think Ferry/Bud and Co saw enough in person to correct his mechanics and how they would use him that I don't see.

Over the last few days, as far as guys I think WILL be there, I'm really kind of leaning/hoping Hood.

1. Nik seemed genuinely surprised by the 12% himself because he had been working out nonstop. And he said he normally clocked in at 7-8%. He seems like a really smart guy and something he would address. Remember how fat Love was? But still, I think his head and skills fit perfect for us, even if he's just a younger Korver.

6. Yeah, his height worries me. Again, why I had him at 6. But Tony Allen is only 6'4" too, right? He'll be long gone by 15 anyway, so we won't have to worry about him. (Or Nik probably.)

10. No, of course not. His stroke wasn't the only thing I didn't like. I don't love his position for us. With that said, if we drafted him, I would think Ferry/Bud and Co saw enough in person to correct his mechanics and how they would use him that I don't see.

Over the last few days, as far as guys I think WILL be there, I'm really kind of leaning/hoping Hood.

You're right Harris and Stauskas will probably be gone by our pick so that won't be an issue. But it does worry me that leading up to the biggest job interview of his life he's nearly 50% more fat than his normal range. Is his gf pregnant or something and he's putting on sympathy weight?? I know there are shorter than prototypical SG's out there like Allen but I still want that Danny Green ability to make shots more difficult with length. What position would you see Warren playing with us? Seems like he'd fit in well at SF, assuming he's capable of becoming a better 3pt shooter of course. But he's not my first choice.

At this point I'm hoping for Young, Hood, (Lavine or Warren) in that order.

I still want to trade down to 16 and 19 or 18 and 27.

1. TJ Warren- Ceiling is a better scoring Caron Butler with less of an overall game.

2. Doug McDermott- Ceiling is like having Korver at the SF position. They will not do it the same way though.

3. Nik Stauskas- Ceiling is like having early career Michael Redd.

4. Mitch McGary- Great option for 3rd big down the line as he will be able to play PF and C and rebounds well.

5. Rodney Hood- Ceiling is a lessor version of early career Michael Redd.

6. James Young- Ceiling is a lessor version of Klay Thompson

7. Chris Wilcox- Worse shooting but bigger and better overall version of John Jenkins

8. Glenn Robinson III- Ceiling is a better version of Matt Barnes

9. Jordan Adams- Worse 3 pt shooting, better defense playing Jason Kapono

10. Tyler Ennis- Ceiling is a better playmaking version of Raymond Felton

What kind of a comparison is a lesser shooting jason kapono?!

jordan adams is a poor mans james harden

Just because you shoot 3's worse does not make you a lessor shooter. My eyes say Adams is Wes Matthews but the advanced numbers and his physical makeup says otherwise. Don't see any James Harden in his game

Edited by MrMeltdown

• Premium Member

I still want to trade down to 16 and 19 or 18 and 27.

1.   TJ Warren- Ceiling is a better scoring Caron Butler with less of an overall game.

2.   Doug McDermott- Ceiling is like having Korver at the SF position. They will not do it the same way though.

3.   Nik Stauskas- Ceiling is like having early career Michael Redd.

4.   Mitch McGary- Great option for 3rd big down the line as he will be able to play PF and C and rebounds well.

5.   Rodney Hood- Ceiling is a lessor version of early career Michael Redd.

6.   James Young- Ceiling is a lessor version of Klay Thompson

7.   Chris Wilcox- Worse shooting but bigger and better overall version of John Jenkins

8.   Glenn Robinson III- Ceiling is a better version of Matt Barnes

9.   Jordan Adams- Worse 3 pt shooting, better defense playing Jason Kapono

10. Tyler Ennis- Ceiling is a better playmaking version of Raymond Felton

Here's a cool thought for the heckuvit... how bout obtaining ALL of those picks... so, 15, 16, 18, 19 and 27... and coming out of this widely-regarded-as-deep draft with a haul of 5 first rounders.

Edited by sturt

• Moderators

Revealing my true ulterior motive, I simply want @HawksOrganist to play "I'M SO HOOD" every time Rodney scores at the Highlight Factory.

Nik Stauskas
Doug McBuckets (I think they're both goners before 15, though)

Rodney Hood

Kyle Anderson
James Young

Zach LaVine

Adreian Payne

Gary Harris
TJ Warren

~lw3

• Like 1