• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC Hawks 15th pick rank them

Revealing my true ulterior motive, I simply want @HawksOrganist to play "I'M SO HOOD" every time Rodney scores at the Highlight Factory.

Nik Stauskas

Doug McBuckets (I think they're both goners before 15, though)

Rodney Hood

Kyle Anderson

James Young

Zach LaVine

Adreian Payne

Gary Harris

TJ Warren

~lw3

Or they can just play the Gorilla Z song... I NEED A HOOD FIGGA!!! ;-)

• Moderators

Some hate for DJ up in here now?  Who knows how good that kid could have been.  He may not have ever taken that step we expected of him but I think he would have. 

Without looking it up, any of you know who he last played for in the NBA? 

I kinda remember the Nets, or at least trying out for them. Now I'm gonna go dig it up and keep mum.

~lw3

@Dolfan23 Demarr Johnson last played for the Spurs in 2007/08 - WOW!

Then he played for a bunch of foreign teams I can't pronounce.

Nobody responded so I looked it up.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

That's correct.  Now for a guy who some were trashing earlier in this thread, it's quite interesting that Pop and Bud and RC brought him in to play as they thought he'd fit their system to a T. 

Did you have the authority to spoil?

I guess it's ok since your a woman.

Did I just say that, you bet I did(I don't have the icon emoji for this :-()

That's correct. Now for a guy who some were trashing earlier in this thread, it's quite interesting that Pop and Bud and RC brought him in to play as they thought he'd fit their system to a T.

True but he didn't stick - got released in Jan 08.

Did you have the authority to spoil?

I guess it's ok since your a woman.

Did I just say that, you bet I did(I don't have the icon emoji for this :-()

Better to ask forgiveness than permission, lol.

Just type it like I did there in the code tags and it will convert on mobile or Tapatalk.

He really had no chance after his neck injury

Nice!

:saythat:

• Premium Member

I don't know how Nurkic gets left off the list. If we're sitting at #15 and he's there, he's my guy.

Tiers represent groupings of what I consider to be best player available--Tier 1 guys I think are destined to be borderline All-Stars in their prime, Tier 2 are plausible starters, and Tier 3 I feel there's too much potential for being at the end of the bench.

If none of my Tier 1 guys are there, I'm content to go to Tier 2; if none of my Tier 2 guys are there, though, I definitely would look to trade down if i could get a legitimate offer.

Tier 1

1. Jusef Nurkic... edges out Payne on basis of need
  2. Adreian Payne... been won over to him just in the last week b/c he has the reputation of someone who works to improve any weaknesses in his game
  3. Elfrid Payton... see him as a slightly taller version of Andre Miller who will be just as successful over his career, if not a little more

Tier 2

1. Kyle Anderson... allows us to use shorter 2-guards--like Lou Williams and John Jenkins--to a greater extent
  2. Rodney Hood... think he will make some valuable contributions wherever he lands, but seems destined to be a run-of-the-mill SF, imo
  3. Doug McDermott... would be at the top of this list if we didn't have Korver or Millsap because he's somewhat of a combination of those two

Tier 3

• Nik Stauskas... nudges out LaVine because of his higher floor, though, yes, lower ceiling
  • Zach LaVine... just doesn't impress me, though I have to leave room for the possibility that it was just that UCLA's coaching staff didn't use him effectively, so I give him an edge over Young
  • James Young... In Bill Parcells-speak, he's "just a guy"... I see him as someone who's talented and will be on an NBA roster for awhile but reminds me too much of DerMarr Johnson
  • TJ Warren
  • Gary Harris

This will be a draft to remember for me... had both Nurkic and Payne available to us, and they were both my top Tier 1 guys.

• Premium Member

I'm Sari we didn't get Saric for you though buddy. 

Yeah, but I look at it this way, positive soul that I am... ;)  ...if the guy bombs, no one here is going to remember anyhow... if he's Kukoc the Sequel, then I can gloat that I was right all along.

• Like 1

Yeah, but I look at it this way, positive soul that I am... wink3.gif  ...if the guy bombs, no one here is going to remember anyhow... if he's Kukoc the Sequel, then I can gloat that I was right all along.

You gotta be thrilled though since you're from the green 'M' school right and we took Payne :)

• Premium Member

I'm impressed. Right letter of the alphabet, old friend... but wrong shade of green. Us Herd fans are very particular about our KELLY green as opposed to that flat hunter green at Michigan State and Ohio U. :)

I'm impressed. Right letter of the alphabet, old friend... but wrong shade of green. Us Herd fans are very particular about our KELLY green as opposed to that flat hunter green at Michigan State and Ohio U. :)

Damn I should have used the sarcasm tags. I know you're a Marshall & Pennington "Stan" and just wanted to mess with ya.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My list based who I believe can have early impact and fit for the Hawks.

• Doug McDermott
  • Gary Harris
  • TJ Warren
  • Adreian Payne
  • KJ McDaniels
  • Nik Staukas
  • Rodney Hood
  • Jusuf Nurkic
  • Kyle Anderson
  • Zach LaVine
  • James Young

I know we are only one game into summer league for most of these teams, but the top 3 of my hideous list are headed in the right direction. I figured I better crow before they play terrible :)

1. Doug McDermott :Game 1 http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2014/players/sl_doug_mcdermott/index.html
  2. Gary Harris: Game 1 http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2014/players/sl_gary_harris/index.html
  3. TJ Warren: Game 1 http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2014/players/sl_tj_warren/index.html

I know McBuckets didn't shoot well from the field overall, but he did fill the stat sheet and get to the line.  Let's be honest I'm not worried about his shooting and he did shoot 40% from 3 as expected. Gary Harris and TJ Warren were in beast mode.  As much as I like Major Payne, we will regret not taking Gary Harris. This guy could start for us this year, and was a greater position of need. His quickness, ability to handle the ball and finish in traffic is even better than I thought. His BB IQ is off the charts. Through this point in summer league, he looks like a better player than Marcus Smart to me. Smart has great upside if he could ever learn to shoot though, but based on Orlando summer league that shot is years away. 

A lot of teams will look back at this draft and say WTF we passed on Gary Harris and TJ Warren because player X could jump higher.