• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

15th Pick - Adreian Payne

gsuteke

Except he's a legit 6'10 and can shoot the lights out.

Dude is listed at 6'9

Beside 6'9 or 6'10 josh did everything I'm seeing in these videos.

And don't say he lights out shooting I can put together a video of josh shooting that'll make him look like Reggie miller. Lol

Not taking up for josh but damn! And I like mike Scott too if you look at his draft profile video they made him seem like joe Johnson.

With the 15th pick in the 2014 draft, the Hawks have selected Michigan State power forward Adreian Payne.

As a senior, Payne averaged 16.7 points and 7.3 rebounds last season with the Spartans. One of Payne’s biggest attributes is his shooting, as he shot 43% on 3s during the year.

“We want to play with pace and space,” said Hawk GM Danny Ferry after the selection. “Adreian is a guy who can do both.”

“I’m very excited that I can continue to play my game,” said Payne, “and stretch the floor and play inside and out.”

Ferry went on to praise the Michigan State program: “Michigan State guys are guys that we like. They play with a high level of competitiveness… Michigan State is a program we really respect. Playing for four years for Tom Izzo can only be a good thing.”

Payne expanded on that in his presser, saying “From Michigan State, we have a toughness, the players leave there, and I’m going to just bring toughness, hard work, and I’m going to play hard every game and in practice.”

http://hawkshoop.com/hawks-select-adreian-payne/

Dude is listed at 6'9

And don't say he lights out shooting I can put together a video of josh shooting that'll make him look like Reggie miller. Lol

Not taking up for josh but damn! And I like mike Scott too if you look at his draft profile video they made him seem like joe Johnson.

6'10 in shoes - the measurement that everyone in the NBA are listed at. 

• Premium Member

Dude is listed at 6'9

Best available player imo. And yes, he's legit when it comes to shooting.

I told ya so.  Whoever we draft, some will love and

some will despise.

By the way, Dream won tonight, 81-79.

Some compare this pick to Josh Smith without the super athletic ability.

I wonder, how does he compare with Josh, otherwise?  Does he have

an attitude?  How's his basketball IQ?

And remember, this is just the beginning, not the end!

GO ATL !!

Don't think his post-game will translate personally. He's an athlete though and he can shoot. His face-up game has some potential.

A lot of potential.

With his athleticism and finishing ability he could be Amare with a 3 point shot. I'm serious. Maybe i'm on a draft high, but guy can jump out of the gym.

I told ya so.  Whoever we draft, some will love and

some will despise.

By the way, Dream won tonight, 81-79.

Some compare this pick to Josh Smith without the super athletic ability.

I wonder, how does he compare with Josh, otherwise?  Does he have

an attitude?  How's his basketball IQ?

And remember, this is just the beginning, not the end!

GO ATL !!

Only people comparing him to Josh are the ones who haven't done a minute of research on him.  He's as anti-Josh as there is. 

I like the pick but just makes me think mike scott wont be back and I like mike scott. But bring the payne.

If Scott is back they're gonna have fun together in the locker room as they're both jokers. 

Another thing he played last season including the tourney with Mono. He had no idea why he was tired all the time. Finally got diagnosed and rested during draft preparations. This could mean his stats would be even better than what needed up on film.