• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

• Premium Member

Certainly weird, but not sure if I'm rooting for a house cleaning. We're already behind the eightball reputation wise.

As an aside, the notion that it would be a good thing for the franchise to leave Atlanta is asinine.

Not directed at you J23.

I'll say this. The problem with the Hawks comes from the Ownership, not the fans. If we want to see this thing turn around, then it has to start with Ownership. Edited by Jody23
  • Like 3

It's 21st century McCarthyism, only with communism replaced with political correctness. Seriously, losing your business over a two year old email discussing demographic and racial issues in relation to attendance? Absolutely insane.

I think if this happened before Sterling, Bruce would be ok after a tearful explanation or w/e.

As long as the Hawks have the same owners they will never have success

So pray for new owners

And lol @ black fans scaring off white fans

Just "southern" white fans tho. Lol.

Wow, this is some interesting news.

While not on the same level as Sterling, I think the NBA is highly sensitive to the topic of racism right now.

Probably just smarter for him to step down as he did than face criticism hanging around. I wouldn't call the guy an extreme racist but he said some offensive things in that email. I think it's all for the best. I don't really see too much changing within the organization honestly.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

As fanatic said, this is just Bruce's share of the team not the entire A$G...sadly. We need new majority ownership. Perhaps this will be the domino to fall to lead to that but as of right now the only thing that will happen is his personal share will be sold and the A$G will continue as owners.

And I have to point out, again, how horrible our ownership is. Way to scare off even more free agents.

• Like 3

As fanatic said, this is just Bruce's share of the team not the entire A$G...sadly. We need new majority ownership. Perhaps this will be the domino to fall to lead to that but as of right now the only thing that will happen is his personal share will be sold and the A$G will continue as owners.And I have to point out, again, how horrible our ownership is. Way to scare off even more free agents.

Yeah, we (effectively) have Sterling but no Paul, Rivers, Blake, et. al.

No, I'm not saying this is as bad, but perception trumps reality most of the time.

Whoever come in and buy Levenson share of the Hawks. I have to believe They/He/She is going to be looking for complete ownership. They will likely buyout the remaining group.

And thats where the move comes into play

We need to get a fund together to purchase Liam Neesons services just in case. 

• Like 1

This is bullshit. 

Did it have some racial undertones and was it a little inappropriate? Absolutely.

But the whole damn email was about demographics and target audiences. The guy is just trying to make money......

This is just so stupid! He didn't do anything to anyone. His whole plan wasn't going to hurt anyone. He just wanted more whites because they have more disposable income.....thats just a fact, look up the statistics. 

He didn't hurt anyone! PC bullshit. 

Ur not serious are u lol

1 of the first rules of business is to know ur audience

What moron would start a business in ATLANTA and market to white folks instead of black folks?

• Like 1

Ur not serious are u lol

1 of the first rules of business is to know ur audience

What moron would start a business in ATLANTA and market to white folks instead of black folks?

The "moron" who wants to make more money and put more butts in the seats.

• Like 1